News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 10, 2011, 11:07:44 AM
Doesn't that normally apply to all Stone evolving pokemon?

Quote from: Kayo on March 09, 2011, 08:27:06 PM
Most things that evolve from Stones don't learn level-up moves. The downside to being able to evolve as early as level 1.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on March 09, 2011, 08:27:06 PM
Most All things that evolve from Stones don't learn level-up moves. The downside to being able to evolve as early as level 1.
Fixed
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Nayrman

No, most but not all stone evolutions stop.

For example, Eeveelutions still learn moves. Jolteon can only learn Pin Missle as Jolteon, etc. So no, it's not a hard rule. :P

FruitFlow

Oh, yeah.
I forgot about how the Eeveelution line works.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 10, 2011, 02:25:41 PM
Oh, yeah.
I forgot about how the Eeveelution line works.
Some things continue to learn a few moves, too. I don't remember off the top of my head, but there were definitely some that weren't eeveelutions that learned at least three extra moves, that the pre-evos didn't get.

I think Poliwrath and Nidoking/queen get at least 3-4 moves after evolution.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on March 10, 2011, 02:33:12 PM
Some things continue to learn a few moves, too. I don't remember off the top of my head, but there were definitely some that weren't eeveelutions that learned at least three extra moves, that the pre-evos didn't get.

I think Poliwrath and Nidoking/queen get at least 3-4 moves after evolution.
I know for certain Staryu learns all of its moves in its first stage.
I have a Poliwrath, but I'm not certain what it learns after that.

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 10, 2011, 02:41:57 PM
I know for certain Staryu learns all of its moves in its first stage.
I have a Poliwrath, but I'm not certain what it learns after that.
Poliwrath gains the fighting type, and has always learned a few more fighting-style moves after it evolved. Well, Mind Reader and DynamicPunch. It also gets a new move in B/W called Circle Throw, which is like Roar + damage. Switches out the opponent with reduced priority just like Roar, but the downside to it being a damaging attack is that it has only 90% accuracy.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on March 10, 2011, 04:26:55 PM
Poliwrath gains the fighting type, and has always learned a few more fighting-style moves after it evolved. Well, Mind Reader and DynamicPunch. It also gets a new move in B/W called Circle Throw, which is like Roar + damage. Switches out the opponent with reduced priority just like Roar, but the downside to it being a damaging attack is that it has only 90% accuracy.
90% Accuracy isn't too bad.
That's far better than what Blizzard, Thunder and Fire Blast have.

DededeCloneChris

I need some help. I'm going to start from zero again, but I want to trade all the valuable Pokemon/items to trade them back to my new file. Can somebody help me with this today at best? I have White, so if you want something, I can get it for you in exchange for helping me.

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 10, 2011, 04:48:54 PM
90% Accuracy isn't too bad.
That's far better than what Blizzard, Thunder and Fire Blast have.
But for a reduced priority move it's a double whammy. In fact, look at the only damaging reduced priority move prior to Gen V. As far as I know, there was only Vital Throw. But in return for attacking last, it never missed. It was a no-miss move like Swift.

The point of switching out an opponent usually means you can't risk getting hit by too many attacks. That's often why people Roar, to get rid of something while only having to take one attack beforehand. The small chance of it missing makes it a little shaky. Not awful, but not perfect.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Either use Roar/Whirlwind or take the risk of getting hurt by trying to hurt the foe as well.
If they added attack but not lowered accuracy, then they might as well have removed Roar/Whirlwind since they would be made pointless.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on March 10, 2011, 05:46:49 PM
Either use Roar/Whirlwind or take the risk of getting hurt by trying to hurt the foe as well.
If they added attack but not lowered accuracy, then they might as well have removed Roar/Whirlwind since they would be made pointless.
That's the point. It depends on how much risk you're willing to take.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

We also have the counter-based moves with priority differences.
Counter and Mirror Coat both always have the lowest priority rating out of any offensive move. Whereas Bide will always go first no matter the situation. Metal Burst on the other hand either goes first or last depending on how fast/slow the user is.
I believe Quick Claw can trigger it as well.

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 10, 2011, 06:40:45 PM
We also have the counter-based moves with priority differences.
Counter and Mirror Coat both always have the lowest priority rating out of any offensive move. Whereas Bide will always go first no matter the situation. Metal Burst on the other hand either goes first or last depending on how fast/slow the user is.
I believe Quick Claw can trigger it as well.
I'm pretty sure I attacked before Bide once. Are you sure on that one?
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on March 10, 2011, 05:24:12 PM
In fact, look at the only damaging reduced priority move prior to Gen V. As far as I know, there was only Vital Throw.

I'm fairly certain that Avalanche and Revenge were also lowered priority moves that directly attacked the opponent.