News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on March 10, 2011, 07:13:02 PM
I'm pretty sure I attacked before Bide once. Are you sure on that one?
Yes. Bide is always a first to go move. At least since Gen 4.
You might have been mistaken by Bind.

It also hits Ghost types and the semi-invincible moves such as Dig, Dive, Fly, Bounce, etc.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on March 10, 2011, 08:03:24 PM
I'm fairly certain that Avalanche and Revenge were also lowered priority moves that directly attacked the opponent.
But they have double power in that situation. Oh, and 100% accuracy.

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 10, 2011, 08:18:39 PM
Yes. Bide is always a first to go move. At least since Gen 4.
You might have been mistaken by Bind.

It also hits Ghost types and the semi-invincible moves such as Dig, Dive, Fly, Bounce, etc.
Or I just had a faster Pokemon use Quick Attack. It's only +1, like all the priority moves bar Extremespeed.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on March 10, 2011, 08:37:56 PM
Or I just had a faster Pokemon use Quick Attack. It's only +1, like all the priority moves bar Extremespeed.
Wow, really?
I always thought ExtremeSpeed was +1.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Magnum

Quote from: PuttyChris on March 10, 2011, 05:17:20 PM
I need some help. I'm going to start from zero again, but I want to trade all the valuable Pokemon/items to trade them back to my new file. Can somebody help me with this today at best? I have White, so if you want something, I can get it for you in exchange for helping me.
I'll help. Just PM me.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Magnum on March 10, 2011, 09:56:56 PM
I'll help. Just PM me.
Too late, sorry. Another friend already helped me out. Thanks, though.

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 10, 2011, 09:40:33 PM
Wow, really?
I always thought ExtremeSpeed was +1.
It always used to be. Starting Gen V, it's +2. So it's always before the other "fast" moves like Shadow Sneak and Quick Attack.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on March 10, 2011, 10:46:55 PM
It always used to be. Starting Gen V, it's +2. So it's always before the other "fast" moves like Shadow Sneak and Quick Attack.
I guess that's cool then.
Although I really don't see it being used much online, and the amount of pokemon that can learn it are fairly limited.

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 11, 2011, 05:23:24 PM
I guess that's cool then.
Although I really don't see it being used much online, and the amount of pokemon that can learn it are fairly limited.
The shiny beasts have them, though it'll probably only be seen on Entei. And I'm sure other Pokemon still use it, like Arcanine, Lucario, and I'm pretty sure something else.
[move][/move]

Kayo

Also, I just saw a commercial that pronounced Unova "YOO-nuh-vuh."

In case anyone was still wondering.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

DededeCloneChris

FruitFlow

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 12, 2011, 12:43:07 PM
Isshu sounds much more suiting as a region name.
People have an Isshu with the name, though. I mean, it sounds ridiculously Japanese for a New York-styled region, don't you think?

FruitFlow

Quote from: PuttyChris on March 12, 2011, 01:59:29 PM
People have an Isshu with the name, though. I mean, it sounds ridiculously Japanese for a New York-styled region, don't you think?
Yeah. But for some reason Isshu is stuck in my head.

Kayo

Plus the whole sounding-like-an-unrelated-english word, plus it looks too Japanese. They already changed Houen to Hoenn, etc. There really wasn't a good way to change the spelling of Isshu.

And I wouldn't want to play in a region filled with issues.
[move][/move]