News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Neerb

Quote from: PuttyChris on March 12, 2011, 01:59:29 PM
People have an Isshu with the name, though. I mean, it sounds ridiculously Japanese for a New York-styled region, don't you think?

I prefer Unova, but I don't see how it's any more "New York-styled" of a name than Isshu.

BTW, I want an opinion from the people here: do you think Victini will be Uber when the tiers for this gen are decided?

I didn't think he would be due to his awful defensive typing (which is why Celebi isn't Uber), but Smogon's recently announced tournament is banning Victini along with the three dragons and the other event Pokemon, and that makes me think that maybe he's become too big of a threat recently.

I'm wondering this because I've been training one up the entire game as a staple of my team (and from my experience, he's not even the best on the team), and I'd hate to suddenly learn that I won't be able to use him in multiplayer (read "I don't play competitively but I don't like it when people use Ubers in battle").

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on March 12, 2011, 08:56:31 PM
I prefer Unova, but I don't see how it's any more "New York-styled" of a name than Isshu.

BTW, I want an opinion from the people here: do you think Victini will be Uber when the tiers for this gen are decided?

I didn't think he would be due to his awful defensive typing (which is why Celebi isn't Uber), but Smogon's recently announced tournament is banning Victini along with the three dragons and the other event Pokemon, and that makes me think that maybe he's become too big of a threat recently.

I'm wondering this because I've been training one up the entire game as a staple of my team (and from my experience, he's not even the best on the team), and I'd hate to suddenly learn that I won't be able to use him in multiplayer (read "I don't play competitively but I don't like it when people use Ubers in battle").
Well, it has one of the worst defensive types ever. but actually, Victini would be completely outclassed by other Ubers. Not that that decides the tier at all, but I sort of doubt Victini will be banished to a realm of Mewtwo, Mew, and Deoxys. It might become a top OU threat, but I predict it will stay with Celebi.

Hell, Jirachi isn't even Uber. And it actually has GOOD defensive typing.

But here's the catch: V-Create. An as-of-yet unobtainable signature move of Victini, set to be released in a future event. It has 180 power, 95% accuracy, and lowers Defense, Special Defense, and Speed after use. You can always switch after that, and a power of 270 (STAB included) is really intercourse ing high for OU standards. Maybe it will be like Brightpower Garchomp was a few years ago: Victini with V-Create is uber, while it is OU elsewhere. Don't know how it will affect the official tier placement, but we're just going to have to leave it to testing.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

So yeah, awesome story. My friend was battling [spoiler]Gheistis[/spoiler], and he got to [spoiler]Hydreigon[/spoiler], which he had zero chance of beating. But, he had stocked up on revives like crazy, so he wasn't prepared to give up. Instead, he just kept reviving his pokemon over and over and over, and after around 30-40 revives, the thing started STRUGGLING, at which point he was able to fully heal his whole team and finish the match with ease. Not something that he should rely on in the future, but still, I thought it was cool when it happened.

FruitFlow

Waste of money, imo.
But if it was the only way he felt he could win I guess there was no other option.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

JrDude

Quote from: Neerb on March 13, 2011, 10:31:17 AM
So yeah, awesome story. My friend was battling [spoiler]Gheistis[/spoiler], and he got to [spoiler]Hydreigon[/spoiler], which he had zero chance of beating. But, he had stocked up on revives like crazy, so he wasn't prepared to give up. Instead, he just kept reviving his pokemon over and over and over, and after around 30-40 revives, the thing started STRUGGLING, at which point he was able to fully heal his whole team and finish the match with ease. Not something that he should rely on in the future, but still, I thought it was cool when it happened.
I did a similar thing against a Champion in some game. Just Garchomp and his Earthquakes though, I remembered it only had 10 PP so I just kept reviving Pokémon he would use it on so he would STOP USING IT TO RAPE ME.
Only time I did that strategy though.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

My Firered team the first time I played it was: Charizard and Dugtrio. That's all. I just brought along some low-level fillers for Indigo Plateau. Revived the hell out of everything, switching into a filler to use revive before it got blasted off the stage.

It worked. Didn't even struggle.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

You know how Team Plasma is trying to separate Pokemon and humans? Well, I finally found an alternate universe where that happened.

That universe is called Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

Neerb

Quote from: PuttyChris on March 13, 2011, 07:07:45 PM
You know how Team Plasma is trying to separate Pokemon and humans? Well, I finally found an alternate universe where that happened.

That universe is called Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

But in the first game, the main character was actually a trainer with a Gardevoir as a partner.

FruitFlow

Whatever happened to cops existing in the Pokemon world?
Seriously these "Team" people in each Gen never seem to get locked up for their illegal activities.
The police department must be really lazy.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

JrDude

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 13, 2011, 09:25:39 PM
Seriously these "Team" people in each Gen never seem to get locked up for their illegal activities.
The cops are always just scanning/standing in one area and only try to stop people at night who are 11 and then when they get their ass handed to them they realize you're not a bad guy somehow.
[move][/move]
Dude .

FruitFlow

Quote from: JrDude 益 on March 13, 2011, 09:59:39 PM
The cops are always just scanning/standing in one area and only try to stop people at night who are 11 and then when they get their ass handed to them they realize you're not a bad guy somehow.
Exactly. They never put any effort into investigations.
Just like how in HeartGold and SoulSilver that one cop shows up after one of Elm's pokemon gets stolen from the lab, but all he does is ask you what the first name of your rival is and that's it.

Yeah, that's some "real" investigation work there.

Neerb

I have a couple ideas, but the first two mainly only apply for the Rockets.

1. Maybe the police officers simply don't have enough incriminating evidence against them.
2. Maybe most of the officers are being paid off, and so the few clean ones need help from local trainers.
3. Exactly how often do you see these cops? Perhaps there simply aren't enough cops in the region to help. This could be because in this world, most people control dangerously powerful animals and can therefore take care of themselves, and it seems as though most people are good and crime is relatively low; perhaps a cop's job in the Pokemon world is simply more along the lines of investigation and organizing trainers via authority, as opposed to having their own force.
4. Again, most people in this world control dangerously powerful animals, but here's a view that puts people in a harsher light: with everyone essentially having their own personal tanks, perhaps random crime is SO high that cops are almost constantly busy, ignoring the criminal teams due to the fact that teams are rarely ever a relative threat until it's too late, at which point the main character is already in his final battle.

Zero

God you guys make me facepalm so hard, are you really debating about this?

It's like you guys expect a video game to be a complete world of its own, without the limits of programming. It's like you completely disregard that if the police had a more active part in these games that you'd have less of a game in a sense.

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 13, 2011, 09:25:39 PM

It's a video game. Why you feel the need to over-analyze this astounds me.

Kayo

If they locked up the villanous teams, there goes the majority of your plot. Your purpose (aside from the gym badges and e4) has always been to stop the villanous team. Without it, what are you supposed to do? FIGHT GYMS, GET BADGES would get old.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Zero on March 14, 2011, 11:50:32 AM
It's a video game. Why you feel the need to over-analyze this astounds me.
Well, I'm not saying I want the games changed or anything.
It was actually more of a question with curiosity than anything else.

Quote from: Kayo on March 14, 2011, 11:56:57 AM
If they locked up the villanous teams, there goes the majority of your plot. Your purpose (aside from the gym badges and e4) has always been to stop the villanous team. Without it, what are you supposed to do? FIGHT GYMS, GET BADGES would get old.
LOL. I thought it was all about catchin em all and becoming the region league champion./sarcasm