News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

5th gen species discussion

Started by bluaki, September 16, 2010, 02:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayquarian

Quote from: Neerb on September 19, 2010, 01:40:23 PM
So Ditto turns into the opponent's Zoroark... which then uses Illusion. Makes sense. It will totally screw the two players' minds, though.
Of course, if your Zoroark uses Illusion, it'll change to the second pokemon in your party.  Which means Ditto would transform into your second pokemon with Zoroark's moveset and...wow.

But it also means that you know that your opponent is using Zoroark.

Cornwad

Quote from: Rayquarian on September 19, 2010, 02:11:04 PM
Of course, if your Zoroark uses Illusion, it'll change to the second pokemon in your party.  Which means Ditto would transform into your second pokemon with Zoroark's moveset and...wow.

But it also means that you know that your opponent is using Zoroark.
No, Ditto transforms into the second pokemon in Ditto's party with Zoroark's moveset I'm pretty sure.

Neerb

Quote from: Cornwad on September 19, 2010, 02:38:50 PM
No, Ditto transforms into the second pokemon in Ditto's party with Zoroark's moveset I'm pretty sure.

^- This

See, here's how it would work: Zoroark is sent onto the battle field by Player 1, and he uses Illusion to turn into the second member of Player 1's party. Then Ditto is sent out by Player 2 and transforms into Zoroark 2. Then Zoroark 2 uses Illusion, turning into the second pokemon in Player 2's party.

Of course, what happens next depends on how Ditto's transformation works: if he transforms before he's even sent on the field, then it's exactly like a Zoroark vs a Zoroark, except that the person who threw out Ditto knows what's going on. However, if Ditto is sent onto the field, THEN transforms into the second member of his party, the jig is up and both players see that something's wrong.

DededeCloneChris

...Dudes, why don't we just have Ditto transform into Zoroark and that's that? Or better yet, let's wait for an official statement.

Cornwad

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on September 19, 2010, 03:35:15 PM
...Dudes, why don't we just have Ditto transform into Zoroark and that's that? Or better yet, let's wait for an official statement.
He does transform into Zoroark, which includes the ability. That's what we've been saying. You don't need an official statement to figure it out.

And does anybody know when the official artwork is normally released? Is it all posted online somewhere or what?

Rayquarian

Quote from: Neerb on September 19, 2010, 02:58:09 PM
^- This

See, here's how it would work: Zoroark is sent onto the battle field by Player 1, and he uses Illusion to turn into the second member of Player 1's party. Then Ditto is sent out by Player 2 and transforms into Zoroark 2. Then Zoroark 2 uses Illusion, turning into the second pokemon in Player 2's party.

Of course, what happens next depends on how Ditto's transformation works: if he transforms before he's even sent on the field, then it's exactly like a Zoroark vs a Zoroark, except that the person who threw out Ditto knows what's going on. However, if Ditto is sent onto the field, THEN transforms into the second member of his party, the jig is up and both players see that something's wrong.
Isn't that what I said?

Neerb

... now that I look at it, yes, that is what you said. It just seemed a bit hard to understand at first because of your wording; when you mentioned that both Zoroark and Ditto would turn into the second pokemon in "your" party, I thought you thought they would turn into the same pokemon; I see now that you meant "your" not in that they're both "your" pokemon, but that in two separate examples they would... turn... grah, this is hard to word. The point is, yes, you were right, but we apparently misread it.

The Riddler

Cornwad

bluaki

Quote from: It's ROBBIE! on September 20, 2010, 01:36:21 PM
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/

They still have all the sprites, in top quality too.
Doesn't look like you all noticed, but my original post in this topic has had pictures of all sprites since like the time I made it.

The Riddler

Quote from: bluaki on September 20, 2010, 05:29:44 PM
Doesn't look like you all noticed, but my original post in this topic has had pictures of all sprites since like the time I made it.
Missed that, actually. D:

Neerb

Hehehe, you know what my friends and I realized the other day? Victini is a small, yet powerful pokemon with powerful, deadly-sounding fire attacks, such as Purgatory, which is guaranteed to burn if it hits, and Blaze Judgement, which hits every pokemon on the field. Furthermore, Victini is clearly symbolic of victory... AMERICA'S victory... as decreed by a JAPANESE video game company.

What does this mean?

VICTINI IS THE POKEMON VERSION OF THE ATOMIC BOMB.

Cornwad

Yeah, it made me think of Winston Churchhill when the war was over when I first saw it, I think the fact that it's on Liberty Island pretty much seals the deal. That's pretty hilarious.

Kayo

Like some, hate some. I used to hate most of them, but now that I'm getting used to them I like more of them

I see GameFreak got crazy with unique types. It also looks like they tailored many of these pokemon to competitive battling needs. A lot of the new type combos will screw stuff up, but it's something to get used to. Here are some that stood out to me.

elemental monkeys- I don't see much of a point or a use for these, but I like the grass one. The other ones look meh to me. Baby fire monkey is Chimchar. Simply enough.
Fire starter- WHAT THE FUCK. ANOTHER FIRE FIGHTING. This is the only starter I HATE out of the three. mostly because of the type. 3/5 gens of Fire/Fight, and all in a row too.
Dangoro (lil rock thing)- this thing is adorable. <3
Meguroko and its family- I like them. The final form looks just a bit strange to me, but I will be using one of these. Maybe not on my team, but I will train one.
Iwaparesu (rock hermit crab)- I thought it was dumb at first, but a hermit crab carrying a chunk of sedimentary rock is cool in a weird way.
Zuruzukin- Dark/fight thing. cool type, but this thing is ugly.
Shinpora- I don't even know what this is.
Deathkan (sarcophagus, some call it Desukan)- Cool, though I hoped for a Rock/Ghost or maybe Steel/Ghost.
Fossils- I like these, especially the turtle.
Garbage bag thing- is intercourse ing ugly. the big one I mean. Indifferent toward the little one.
Uniran, etc are awesome
ice cream cone- cheesy to say the least. One cone evolves into a double. This isn't like Doduo-Dodrio or magnemite-Magneton. I don't like this. But meh, it's starting to grow on me a bit.
pokeball mushroom- wtf?
Burunkeru- Cool jellyfish thing, but the female... different shape, even? This is new. And the type I like. Water/Ghost.
Mamanbou- Once I found out it wasn't a Luvdisc evo I hated it.
Denchula- Bug/Electric is a nice type. The types cancel out weaknesses nicely, leaving only Fire and Rock left. Good speed, decent Sp. Atk. I'll be using this.
Gear, up to Gigigigigigear. Okay I exaggerated. It contains Gear so it's still awesome and i'm gonna be using one of these.
Shibirudon (lamprey)- I really don't see HOW this levitates, but I like how it has no weakness. I will definitely use one of these.
Hitomoshi (candle)- ADORABLE. And its final form Shandeller will without a doubt make it onto my team. One of my favorites this gen. Ghost/Fire is cool too.
Aianto- small, I expected it to be weak, but its Attack, Defense, and Speed are great. Like a new mini-scizor. Well, slightly lower HP, attack and Sp.Def, but much faster, and more physically defensive. Let's see how these two compete.
Sazando- AWESOME. Type+ability+everything. Plz don't go uber. I have a good feeling Ononokus will though. If you want an explanation I'll give you one.
Legendaries- mostly meh. Why is the third genie separated? I know. It's like Kyogre-Groudon-Rayquaza in HGSS. I think you can catch the first two before the E4 (only one, version exclusives) and after the E4 if you have both you can get the third. If I remember correctly.

Wow I said a lot.
Urgamoth- Fire/Bug is quite the type. 4x rock weakness, but i was never expecting this combination.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Don't forget CHROOOMASTOOOONE!!

Admit it, I'm not the only one who noticed the resemblance. What's more, the pokemon on the right is a pure Rock, full-on-physical pokemon, yet he can learn SOLAR BEAM; you know, the move where you absorb light energy and then shoot it back out?! I personally find it pretty fishy...

Also, the Dark/Dragon Hydra is King Ghidorah, the Fire/Bug Moth is Mothra, the Dark/Steel Power Ranger is Jet Jaguar, and I'm sure the laser-cannon bug legendary could fit as something, so now Tyrannitar Godzilla has foes to battle!!