News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Existing (Pre) Evolution Discussion

Started by Macawmoses, April 26, 2011, 06:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 29, 2011, 12:06:32 PM
No. Difference is, we have a drawing. We can imagine your ideas all we want, but with an actual drawing, it makes it more "WOAH, that IS a good idea!"
Draw and we'll have better opinions.
What?! I did have a drawing. Then again it takes so much effort for my posts to be accepted here. It probably got lost somewhere.

Alright, here you get a different one. (This is Poison.) I didn't exactly get the image in my head on the paper perfectly well (this took under 5 minutes), but here's what I'm going for.
~Body is primarily dark purple (i didn't get to color it.. so imagine the colors.)
~Extra fur around the neck, ankles, and tail is messy and grayish-purple.
~Diamond-shaped ears that appear furrier at the top
~Top of head has some messy looking extra fur that matches the color of most of its body.
~Rather sad expression (Bah, ignore these eyes. I couldn't even decide how to do them as far as the pupils, etc. I didn't even get the expression exactly right.) Haven't decided on whether to make them darker or lighter than the body. If lighter, yellow or red color.
~Extra fur on the ankles- This was last minute and came out like poop on the drawing. But I think there should be more gray fur on the ankles, so they're not quite as plain.
~Fluffy tail- Full like Flareon's, but it doesn't stick up. Rather, it droops to the ground. Maybe the tip will be more of a black color. That's kind of why I shaded it like that.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
I might even make the ears longer. Just a little.

Also the Steel design, which was perfect in my mind, is NOT coming out right. I'll wait to post this. I'm adamant about my Poison eeveelution though... We really DON'T have to follow the one-eeveelution-trumps-another pattern... because like I said, it may be sheer coincidence. I explained this already. I really like Poison though... it's so cute <3
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: Kayo on April 29, 2011, 02:06:02 PM
What?! I did have a drawing. Then again it takes so much effort for my posts to be accepted here. It probably got lost somewhere.

Alright, here you get a different one. (This is Poison.) I didn't exactly get the image in my head on the paper perfectly well (this took under 5 minutes), but here's what I'm going for.
~Body is primarily dark purple (i didn't get to color it.. so imagine the colors.)
~Extra fur around the neck, ankles, and tail is messy and grayish-purple.
~Diamond-shaped ears that appear furrier at the top
~Top of head has some messy looking extra fur that matches the color of most of its body.
~Rather sad expression (Bah, ignore these eyes. I couldn't even decide how to do them as far as the pupils, etc. I didn't even get the expression exactly right.) Haven't decided on whether to make them darker or lighter than the body. If lighter, yellow or red color.
~Extra fur on the ankles- This was last minute and came out like poop on the drawing. But I think there should be more gray fur on the ankles, so they're not quite as plain.
~Fluffy tail- Full like Flareon's, but it doesn't stick up. Rather, it droops to the ground. Maybe the tip will be more of a black color. That's kind of why I shaded it like that.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
I might even make the ears longer. Just a little.

Also the Steel design, which was perfect in my mind, is NOT coming out right. I'll wait to post this. I'm adamant about my Poison eeveelution though... We really DON'T have to follow the one-eeveelution-trumps-another pattern... because like I said, it may be sheer coincidence. I explained this already. I really like Poison though... it's so cute <3
Looks like Notched Ear Pichu's head on Eevee's body, and sad.

Kayo

Quote from: Riddler21 on April 29, 2011, 02:15:41 PM
Looks like Notched Ear Pichu's head on Eevee's body, and sad.
The ears aren't notched. I couldn't draw the top halves of the ears furry rushing. It's just kind of a scrib-

That doesn't even look like Notched ear Pichu at all, on second glance. Also the neck fur should be longer. The angle caused me to make it shorter for whatever reason, but it looks too short now. And picture color. Once you have color it looks nothing like Eevee.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Rob, they look more similar to you because you are partially color blind. No one would confuse the pinkish one between Espeon, Vaporeon, and Glaceon based off memory.
(BTW Hero, this is not an insult, if you [or even someone else maybe] didn't know, Rob is partially color-blind. He admits it)

Kaos. If you did, your post was unaccepted by a mod/Hero.

Anyway, that picture is a big no no.
It looks like a depressed Eevee mixed a little with Flareon.
With Eeveelutions, you have to be very creative. You have to make it not look ANYTHING like Eevee, but still have it look related to Eevee. Look at all of the Eeveelutions. None of them look a thing like Eevee, but they all have things that make them look believably related to Eevee (Excluding Flareon, who should remain a one-time exception, as it looks like a bigger, redder Eevee with hair on the head).

It's hard for me to think of Eeveelution things like I said they should look, which is why I don't suggest much stuff about them. But, when I was thinking of Poison Eevee, I was picturing a more, melted look? If that makes sense. Kind of like Toxic goo-looking fur. Not make it look furry at all, but more, liquidy.
Also, Wiki a fox and maybe base it off one of those, then give it some cat/dog characteristics here and there, then make it look poisonous.

Gen 4:
D/P - Pt - HG/SS
Gen 5:
B/W

They were being indecisive for Espeon color-wise. But in the end, it seems they wanted lighter.

Anyway.

Color-wise, they also look similar.

Like I tried to say, we don't have to keep it this color. I do want it to be purpleish, but it could be darker or lighter or something for all I care to make it look less Espeonsih
We can also change the eyes, feet positions, whatever to also change it.

Anyway, everyone up for Fly Eeveelution? And if so, everyone up for this design? (Not counting colors just yet, just design)
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

I did it cause I was bored. Needs better coloring and again I had trouble with the ears.

FruitFlow

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 29, 2011, 03:26:08 PM
Anyway, everyone up for Fly Eeveelution? And if so, everyone up for this design? (Not counting colors just yet, just design)
Which name are we using for it?
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 29, 2011, 03:26:08 PM
Rob, they look more similar to you because you are partially color blind. No one would confuse the pinkish one between Espeon, Vaporeon, and Glaceon based off memory.
(BTW Hero, this is not an insult, if you [or even someone else maybe] didn't know, Rob is partially color-blind. He admits it)

Kaos. If you did, your post was unaccepted by a mod/Hero.

Anyway, that picture is a big no no.
It looks like a depressed Eevee mixed a little with Flareon.
With Eeveelutions, you have to be very creative. You have to make it not look ANYTHING like Eevee, but still have it look related to Eevee. Look at all of the Eeveelutions. None of them look a thing like Eevee, but they all have things that make them look believably related to Eevee (Excluding Flareon, who should remain a one-time exception, as it looks like a bigger, redder Eevee with hair on the head).

It's hard for me to think of Eeveelution things like I said they should look, which is why I don't suggest much stuff about them. But, when I was thinking of Poison Eevee, I was picturing a more, melted look? If that makes sense. Kind of like Toxic goo-looking fur. Not make it look furry at all, but more, liquidy.
Also, Wiki a fox and maybe base it off one of those, then give it some cat/dog characteristics here and there, then make it look poisonous.

Gen 4:
D/P - Pt - HG/SS
Gen 5:
B/W

They were being indecisive for Espeon color-wise. But in the end, it seems they wanted lighter.

Anyway.

Color-wise, they also look similar.

Like I tried to say, we don't have to keep it this color. I do want it to be purpleish, but it could be darker or lighter or something for all I care to make it look less Espeonsih
We can also change the eyes, feet positions, whatever to also change it.

Bah, I'll have to color it myself. No one sees what I'm doing here when it's black and white.. I was going to wait until I colored it, but i decided to be quick to show what I had so far. Espeon is much more toward a shade of pink than the purple I had in mind. Uh.... look at my name. A little darker than the The Rawk color is what I'm aiming for. Also, to be honest, not all Eeveelutions look their type minus the color. Flareon and Jolteon don't. (I can almost see the pointy shapes of its fur being Electric, but then again if I wasn't familiar with it and I only saw it without color it could be anything. Flareon's vaguely flame-shaped head fur is the only thing that looks close to fire, and it's still a stretch if you don't know what you're looking for.) Also, it was a quick sketch. The goal was to make it look dirty and messy. And almost sick-looking, without making it look disease ridden. (Think Weezing. Not in the same way, but there's a similarity in the point of design there as far as expressions.) I'm also trying to keep it "cute," by making Poison as cute as I can. I love the idea though.

Also, I don't really like the Flying design. I see what the creator was aiming for, but it could really use tweaking. For one, the head-wings look really... busy, especially on small pictures like the sprite. I'd lower the amount of detail a bit. You can't tell it from the larger sketch, but it really shows in the sprite. The U-kind of shape of the back angle wings do bother me a bit, too. It's a wing shape, yeah, but a smaller less functional wing in my opinion would look better as a simpler, more feather-like shape. Speaking of details also, the neck fluff looks a tad busy too. I'd make the swirl a bit less of a rotation... don't know how to put this, but maybe if it curled around closer to 180 degrees? Bah, it's impossible to tell without a sketch.

I'm going to take the original sketch and draw up my own, looking mostly similar but with the changes I had in mind, if that's okay. Just you can see what I mean. Also I 110% support Aereon. I even used the name for a concept Flying Eeveelution (that never actually got a design) in a fandex back in around 2006.

Quote from: Riddler21 on April 29, 2011, 03:36:37 PM

I did it cause I was bored. Needs better coloring and again I had trouble with the ears.
Better coloring and ears exactly. The "extra fur" areas should be darker than the body (I'm thinking a dark gray with a hint of purple) instead of a lighter, almost lavender color you have there. Likewise the body itself should be a bit darker.

It also doesn't look messy and shaggy enough, (Believe me, it's tough... I tried doing this in a sprite and it was difficult, but it can't be impossible) and the ears look too much like an oval rather than a diamond. And I said the extra fur coming off the top of the head should match the body color, not the darker gray color on the more "poofy" parts of its body. And yeah, the neck fur could definitely be bigger, but I blame this on not showing my idea accurately in the sketch.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Fix the poison how you want. I'm doing the Flying one.
Bushier neck fur will basically eliminate legs, though, and the tuft on the head, if made the same color, will be tough to see with this dark color.

JrDude

That's just the way I see it. Liquidy and whatnot. Though, all of the Eeveelutions aim to look like their type when the correct color is placed. Though I barely see fieryness in Flareon.

I'm still not liking the Poison evo. Sprite-wise, looks like a purple sad Flareon.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Tried the other ears.

JrDude

My opinion is probably biased, but I still like purple version better.

Kaotic version:
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: Riddler21 on April 29, 2011, 05:01:12 PM

Tried the other ears.

I just changed a few pixels. Smoothed out some rough shading, and added a touch of dithering to the tail to make it appear more "cloudy" than smooth and polished. Also I changed two pixels on the ear-wing. Let me know how it looks.

Also, a friendly tip: Stay away from using #000000 (pure black) unless the pokemon itself is dark gray in color, and try to avoid #FFFFFF (pure white) the best you can. Even if it means going just a little off for the white, it subtly blends into the color scheme better. The black especially, I changed some of the black pixels in the outline to a much darker shade of the body color. The biggest annoyance of #000000 is the fact that it often disappears when you copy a transparent picture (like the second) with it.

The face looks really nice though. The head might be a little tall, though. Doesn't look quite round. I like the new ears a lot better.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Ignoring Eeveelutions, I would like to bring my Kraken idea back into play as the Kraken is one of my favorite Mythological creatures, and Octillery is one of my favorite water Pokémon (I have no idea why).

Water/Dark or Water/Fire would be the options of it's type. No electric, no dragon.
Why Dark? Dark is often signified as evil, the Kraken is evil as poop. Though just because other things not containing the Dark type are considered evil, doesn't mean that Dark isn't a good type to signify evil.
Why Fire? The Kraken was created by Hades, who is basically the devil, who lives in hell, which is the home of Fire. Octillery can also learn Fire moves, so it's not the biggest stretch in the universe.
Why not Dragon or Electric? There is nothing Dragon about the Kraken, there is nothing electric about the Kraken. It is based off the Kraken, and shouldn't be given random types because it could be cool or whatever.
Why not pure Water? It's a giant ass creature from hell, I personally think it needs SOMETHING more.
That is my statement on that, and I think it should happen.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 21, 2012, 01:12:10 AM
Ignoring Eeveelutions, I would like to bring my Kraken idea back into play as the Kraken is one of my favorite Mythological creatures, and Octillery is one of my favorite water Pokémon (I have no idea why).

Water/Dark or Water/Fire would be the options of it's type. No electric, no dragon.
Why Dark? Dark is often signified as evil, the Kraken is evil as poop. Though just because other things not containing the Dark type are considered evil, doesn't mean that Dark isn't a good type to signify evil.
Why Fire? The Kraken was created by Hades, who is basically the devil, who lives in hell, which is the home of Fire. Octillery can also learn Fire moves, so it's not the biggest stretch in the universe.
Why not Dragon or Electric? There is nothing Dragon about the Kraken, there is nothing electric about the Kraken. It is based off the Kraken, and shouldn't be given random types because it could be cool or whatever.
Why not pure Water? It's a giant ass creature from hell, I personally think it needs SOMETHING more.
That is my statement on that, and I think it should happen.
If we're going to do a Water/Fire Pokemon, this will be it. It's a really weird type combination that really only exists in the minds of 12-year-olds trying to be unique with their type ideas, however I could really see it working here without being too farfetch'd. Because this is a Pokémon-related project, you can expect to see me spell that word that way a lot. Sue me.

Anyway yeah, I do think Octillery would use an evolution. It looks a lot like a middle-stage Pokemon to me.  However, a few of my own design opinions:
-Water/Fire type is what I'm going for. No questions, I'm going to start designing it like this. This is going to be our Water/Fire type. Don't like it? Don't care. I'm drawing this if even for my own personal amusement. If no one really, really objects to it, this should be the type. Nothing else is more fitting/moderately realistic for this to make sense.
-Trying to stay away from an outrageously huge size increase. Not gonna make it Wailord-sized. Sorry. Don't really want it to get much bigger than this (generic shape with tentacles doesn't mean anything. Just for size comparison):

The reason being it evolves from Octillery, which is... 2 feet tall? 10 feet seems reasonable enough. That pic would make it about 10-11 feet with its tentacles extended. I might decide to allow it to grow bigger if I like the design, but I'm still going to treat it as an Octillery evo rather than a continent-sized hellish monster, size-wise.

Dunno if it's Uprising's Galactic Kraken turning me on to the idea or not, but suddenly I'm agreeing really hard with Junior here.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Something that could add to the design: Remember, Remoraid and Octillery are weapon based, they were formed to be like weapons. (Remoraid is shaped like a gun, and learns gun-based moves). Maybe this could add to the design, making it a cannon or flamethrower or something. I honestly don't know how just yet, but I still think it could be so. Maybe have 2 or it's tentacles look like Flame Thrower ends.

And the way Octillery evolves in my mind is with something the Dark/Fire Legendary (In my head, level up Octillery with this item being held while underwater, and it will evolve into this. OR Level it up underwater with the Dark/Fire horse in the party. Why underwater? Because it's normally imprisoned very deep underwater and released. Why is the Dark/Fire horse so important? Hades created the Kraken and should be involved in it's being created).

And personally, I think it should still be huge as poop, but I won't be bothered if it isn't. Just make sure it still looks pretty evil regardless.
[move][/move]
Dude .