News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Melee help

Started by ssbmfan5, October 28, 2007, 11:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssbmfan5

I consider myself a good player.  I can wavedash, l cancel, tech, the works.  The only problem is, I keep losing to my extremely noobish friends.  basically all they do is spam spin attacks and fox illusions, and I can avoid them, but I can't really punish them for it.  I play as sheik, is there anything I can do to get them into a combo, or at least get a good hit?
My sig is gone cause it had spoilers:(

Ikkitrix

You can crouch cancel Fox illusions, dash, then grab them. And if they're so noobish, they probably don't tech, making CF EPICALLY AMAZING. xD

And by spin attacks do you mean Link? If you can predict when the Up B's are going to happen, they're really easy to dodge and then punish, by means of dashing away then chainthrowing them into a Ftilt into a Fair. If they start just charging and attacking you with Smash Attacks or something, you can shield grab them.

I'm not really a Sheik player though. xD Watch some videos of Sheik playing against Fox and see how they go about punishing them. You can't really chaingrab Fox though, he ends up hitting the ground. Normally you could go into a techchasing game, but since they're bad they probably don't tech. In that case you could Dsmash them or something....

ssbmfan5

Quote from: Ikkitrix on October 28, 2007, 11:55:09 AM
You can crouch cancel Fox illusions, dash, then grab them. And if they're so noobish, they probably don't tech, making CF EPICALLY AMAZING. xD

And by spin attacks do you mean Link? If you can predict when the Up B's are going to happen, they're really easy to dodge and then punish, by means of dashing away then chainthrowing them into a Ftilt into a Fair. If they start just charging and attacking you with Smash Attacks or something, you can shield grab them.

I'm not really a Sheik player though. xD Watch some videos of Sheik playing against Fox and see how they go about punishing them. You can't really chaingrab Fox though, he ends up hitting the ground. Normally you could go into a techchasing game, but since they're bad they probably don't tech. In that case you could Dsmash them or something....

thanks.  I'll try to do that
My sig is gone cause it had spoilers:(