News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Guitar Hero 5: Hey look, I updated this. Full Setlist inside.

Started by Thirdkoopa, May 15, 2009, 12:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingBoo

Quote from: Thirdkoopa on August 23, 2009, 03:50:18 PM
Heard as in: Listened to EVERY Song on this.43 Tracks you like? Still cheaper than DLC, and you can just get the 360 manual from a friend who has no interest in exporting, and just pay 5$ For the exporting fee. Viola, 50 or w/e more tracks that you actually like.

Would they have a good bass track is the question. Some people like "A-Punk" And a lot of requests for the next GH Game was "MOAR INDIE" And of course, considering as you said, generally drums and vocals are fun, so It's mainly upon bass/guitar and balancing additions. Remember: One man's trash is another man's treasure (I deeply think this song is annoying to, but hey, 3/4 instruments...Can't argue that)
43 tracks that are imo, decent or good. About half of those I would consider "pretty good", and about 10 good or great. And yes, some people do like A-punk. I am not one of those people. And indie isn't really made for guitar hero. The tracks aren't near as complex as some others, though some are pleasurable (and some are generic throwaway).

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: KingBoo on August 23, 2009, 05:14:20 PM
43 tracks that are imo, decent or good. About half of those I would consider "pretty good", and about 10 good or great. And yes, some people do like A-punk. I am not one of those people. And indie isn't really made for guitar hero. The tracks aren't near as complex as some others, though some are pleasurable (and some are generic throwaway).
Liking 63 songs out of an 85 tracklist is a pretty good number. 63 x 2$ = 126...That's how much they'd want you to pay for as DLC. That certainly does NOT Mean horrible. That's more songs than GH1, 2, RB1, and around as many as in general of GH3 (You can't say that every GH3 track was good) As these discs are trying to appeal to everyone (Especially considering that both sides are putting out a bunch this year)

What's made for guitar hero/rock band is a completely debateable subject. Some people said The Beatles, Tool, or Green Day wouldn't fit...Look where that got them. People said country wouldn't fit, and: Look at this. One of the most underrated guitar songs

If people want it and they can find tracks that fit, why say no? A-Punk, asides from guitar seems to fit that bill. I'll at least get a kick out of everything aside from guitar on it.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

KingBoo

Quote from: Thirdkoopa on August 23, 2009, 05:29:32 PM
Liking 63 songs out of an 85 tracklist is a pretty good number. 63 x 2$ = 126...That's how much they'd want you to pay for as DLC. That certainly does NOT Mean horrible. That's more songs than GH1, 2, RB1, and around as many as in general of GH3 (You can't say that every GH3 track was good) As these discs are trying to appeal to everyone (Especially considering that both sides are putting out a bunch this year)

What's made for guitar hero/rock band is a completely debateable subject. Some people said The Beatles, Tool, or Green Day wouldn't fit...Look where that got them. People said country wouldn't fit, and: Look at this. One of the most underrated guitar songs

If people want it and they can find tracks that fit, why say no? A-Punk, asides from guitar seems to fit that bill. I'll at least get a kick out of everything aside from guitar on it.
Where the intercourse  are you getting 63? I'm like 99% sure I said 43. Oh, and guess what, it's 200 for the game with peripherals (I include them being that you do indeed basically need them to get the full experience), that would by me 200 drm'd songs on itunes, or roughly 170 non drm'd. A zune pass of 1 year and 8 months, or, if I so wish, loads of cheap ugly women. 200 for this tracklist isn't a great price. Obviously all games are overpriced, but the point is the tracklist just isn't great. I don't care if they're trying to appeal to everyone. If I want to do that poop I'll go re-buy myself a Wii. A few indie songs (like 6 or 7), a nice listing of classic rock and metal (i.e. things that appeal to most, and are fun to play), a few nice mainstream songs, etc would be nice. I would have bought it for that. But when you compare this tracklist to something like GH3 (who I would argue had the best setlist just off the get go, barring indie songs, and intercourse ing slow ride), it isn't that great. I'll stick with a rental or something, the setlist just doesn't constitute the full money for this, at least not for me.

Other than guitar. I supposed being that's my favorite instrument to play along with drums on Guitar Hero/RB...ya. Vocals are still fun to do no matter what it is lol. Especially when you get to make your own lyrics.

The beatles honestly don't fit great. Better than most indie bands, but still not amazingly.

And they don't really cater to everyone. The classic rock is kind of lacking here.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: KingBoo on August 23, 2009, 05:56:24 PM
Where the intercourse  are you getting 63? I'm like 99% sure I said 43. Oh, and guess what, it's 200 for the game with peripherals (I include them being that you do indeed basically need them to get the full experience), that would by me 200 drm'd songs on itunes, or roughly 170 non drm'd. A zune pass of 1 year and 8 months, or, if I so wish, loads of cheap ugly women. 200 for this tracklist isn't a great price. Obviously all games are overpriced, but the point is the tracklist just isn't great. I don't care if they're trying to appeal to everyone. If I want to do that poop I'll go re-buy myself a Wii. A few indie songs (like 6 or 7), a nice listing of classic rock and metal (i.e. things that appeal to most, and are fun to play), a few nice mainstream songs, etc would be nice. I would have bought it for that. But when you compare this tracklist to something like GH3 (who I would argue had the best setlist just off the get go, barring indie songs, and intercourse ing slow ride), it isn't that great. I'll stick with a rental or something, the setlist just doesn't constitute the full money for this, at least not for me.

Other than guitar. I supposed being that's my favorite instrument to play along with drums on Guitar Hero/RB...ya. Vocals are still fun to do no matter what it is lol. Especially when you get to make your own lyrics.

The beatles honestly don't fit great. Better than most indie bands, but still not amazingly.

And they don't really cater to everyone. The classic rock is kind of lacking here.
1)I THOUGHT You meant "Half of those are good or great" As in the other half of the 43, my bad. <_< Oh yeah, forgot, the VH Deal is also another thing worth noting. and I thought you meant 63 when you said "one fourth of this is annoyingly bad"
2)Uh, you can just get the beatles game (If you do) Or other instruments then end up getting the game only or on sale right? You do realize If you're worried on saving money/don't think this tracklist is worth 200$ (Which, I may remind you there's no band bundle this time around) then the logical choice is to get cheaper instruments, right?

These games are however expensive; I won't disagree about that. Remember, instruments are cross-compatible these days (Mainly on the PS3/360) So you can always just get a base set and buy the games at cheap prices from there.
3)GH3? By far was not one of the more enjoyable games, chartwise AND songwise. Seriously, Raining Blood? Slow Ride? Of all main games to start off with, I'd personally say every other main game (GH1,2,WT,5 and RB1-2) > 3 and + Same old same old throwing? Trying something new is awesome. I'm heavily diggin' both sides of this setlist personally...Then again, I've enjoyed every GH/RB Game to date (aside from ac/dc live)
4)Say they didn't appeal to metal fans, people would go "BAW MORE METAL" And It'd be ignoring a genre, And now that we have a full band setup, what is deserving as I said is COMPLETELY Debatable, unless If It's like, lolguitaronly song. Let's also remember eruption is in GH:VH along with 2 other solo's.
5)If beatles didn't fit for general rocking, why the heck would they have there own game? Sure they may not be the best band for it, but my point still stands.
6)And Classic Rock lacking? This has some of the biggest named classic artists (Dire Straights, Bowie, Johnny Cash, Santana, The Rolling Stones, KISS, Iggy Pop, Deep Purple, etc) I mean, yeah, It has less classic rock, but it also has some bigger named artists here + Older stuff is generally more expensive then newer stuff

But yeah, renting it is probably a good idea before getting, especially since you're already questioned on TB:RB. (As I said, just get that, then use the instruments on other games) I would however not bite 200$ For any tracklist. I only did it with WT Because I needed the instruments and I needed a place to start on PS3, and it worked. for me.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

KingBoo

Quote from: Thirdkoopa on August 23, 2009, 06:56:12 PM
1)I THOUGHT You meant "Half of those are good or great" As in the other half of the 43, my bad. <_< Oh yeah, forgot, the VH Deal is also another thing worth noting. and I thought you meant 63 when you said "one fourth of this is annoyingly bad"
2)Uh, you can just get the beatles game (If you do) Or other instruments then end up getting the game only or on sale right? You do realize If you're worried on saving money/don't think this tracklist is worth 200$ (Which, I may remind you there's no band bundle this time around) then the logical choice is to get cheaper instruments, right?

These games are however expensive; I won't disagree about that. Remember, instruments are cross-compatible these days (Mainly on the PS3/360) So you can always just get a base set and buy the games at cheap prices from there.
3)GH3? By far was not one of the more enjoyable games, chartwise AND songwise. Seriously, Raining Blood? Slow Ride? Of all main games to start off with, I'd personally say every other main game (GH1,2,WT,5 and RB1-2) > 3 and + Same old same old throwing? Trying something new is awesome. I'm heavily diggin' both sides of this setlist personally...Then again, I've enjoyed every GH/RB Game to date (aside from ac/dc live)
4)Say they didn't appeal to metal fans, people would go "BAW MORE METAL" And It'd be ignoring a genre, And now that we have a full band setup, what is deserving as I said is COMPLETELY Debatable, unless If It's like, lolguitaronly song. Let's also remember eruption is in GH:VH along with 2 other solo's.
5)If beatles didn't fit for general rocking, why the heck would they have there own game? Sure they may not be the best band for it, but my point still stands.
6)And Classic Rock lacking? This has some of the biggest named classic artists (Dire Straights, Bowie, Johnny Cash, Santana, The Rolling Stones, KISS, Iggy Pop, Deep Purple, etc) I mean, yeah, It has less classic rock, but it also has some bigger named artists here + Older stuff is generally more expensive then newer stuff

But yeah, renting it is probably a good idea before getting, especially since you're already questioned on TB:RB. (As I said, just get that, then use the instruments on other games) I would however not bite 200$ For any tracklist. I only did it with WT Because I needed the instruments and I needed a place to start on PS3, and it worked. for me.
1. Ya the VH deal is nice. Still I'm not even sure if I have 200 to spend on anything right now (like really, anything lol)
2. And end up paying more or around the same? I'll pass. Sure it's an investment, but I'm not gigantic on rythym games. For the money I shell out on them I can go and buy new things for my guitar.

All games are :'(.
3) I liked it quite a bit. And Raining Blood I thought was fun :(. Slow ride sucked hairy donkey dick though. 1-3 had the best song lists to me, WT was alright, and 5 doesn't look so good to me. The RB setlists imo aren't as good as GH. And I try plenty new. I'm into most genre's, I just don't think GH should have this many indie songs (and yes I'm into indie as well).
4) Of course. I just don't think they got quite what they deserved.
5) They're one of the most influential bands of all time (possibly THE most influential), and imo the best. TB: RB is both a tribute and a game, as well as an exploration of the bands history.
6) Older things are expensive, but with what they're raking they should be able to afford it. And ya, they may have some large name artists, but they aren't even that large of songs honestly. Speaking of the Stones however, why the intercourse  don't they have a game yet?

I'll probably have to end up spending eventually if I want to really get some of these games. I'll probably get TB: RB if I do, and then just get games after that. Idk.

Super

Custom

Quote from: Super on August 24, 2009, 07:50:52 AM
I'm going to stick with my 450 RB songs.

I'll stick with my 600 and new tracks coming every week with a plan to have 1,000 songs available by this holiday season.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

sonicdude164

Quote from: Customrobo13 on August 24, 2009, 04:06:29 PM
I'll stick with my 600 and new tracks coming every week with a plan to have 1,000 songs available by this holiday season.
I will stick with my 250 songs >_>

Jono2

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Ron

Do we know what song will be the credits song?

Click me ^

Jono2

Ron

Quote from: Jono2 on August 31, 2009, 06:08:05 AM
Do we know what song will the the credits song?
Wow, not only did you ask the same question and make a stupid post, but all you did was copy and paste my post. That's ridiculously retarded.

Click me ^

Jono2

Quote from: Ron on August 30, 2009, 10:22:15 PM
Do we know what song will be the credits song?
Wow, not only did you ask the same question and make a stupid post, but all you did was copy and paste my post. That's ridiculously retarded.

Ron

Quote from: Jono2 on August 31, 2009, 11:33:21 PM
Jono2 likes to molest little boys.

Click me ^

Jono2

Quote from: Ron on August 31, 2009, 09:23:45 PM
Jono2 likes to molest little boys.