News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Rumor has it we're getting a GoldenEye remake

Started by Lotos, June 07, 2010, 06:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotos

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/80275/goldeneye-remake-for-wii-and-ds-leaked-by-activision/

Developed from the ground up for the Wii, GoldenEye takes advantage of the latest technology to deliver the same intense experience with today's graphics and physics.

[...]

But that's not all.  Then Eurogamer got their own anonymous tip, learning that the game is about to be announced at E3 and will be released in November.  It is being co-developed by the UK-based Eurocom and the US-based n-Space.  [...]  We'll have to wait until E3's official announcement, but I think we can assume that Eurocom will be developing the Wii title while n-Space develops the DS title.

Thoughts?

Cornwad

Why do we need it? It won't be better than CoD.

The Riddler

MoS

I think it's people being lazy intercourse s trying to cash in on a game that was good in what...1997? It was an amazing game back then, but just updating the graphics and poop is lazy and won't make for a good game by today's standards, they just want to lure people in with nostalgia. Also they're changing Bond to Daniel Craig, so it's already failed in my book because Pierce Brosnan is my favorite Bond.

Lotos

I haven't played the first one to be honest.  This would be my first if I get it.

If it comes bundled with this and this, I will be sold.

Cornwad

Rare wouldn't be making it, and there hasn't been a good James Bond game since the early Gamecube days. Nobody would want to play it.

Night the Lucario

When one lives by the pen, one dies by the angry characters you misused. But it's too much fun not to!
Forsooth, I AM insane! FEAR ME, YE MORTALS, OR DESPAIR AT MY INSANITY! *insane cackling*
Ahem. Anyone have an RP? I need an outlet for my randomness. ;D
Think another thought, dream another dream, live another lie.
I'm writing poetry. Anyone have a request?
I'm Night the Lucario. Although that should be obvious. Just look at the sig. Or title and PT.

SkyMyl

It would be pretty awesome to see a modernized Goldeneye.

Quote from: Night the Lucario on June 08, 2010, 03:24:18 AM
Um... what's Goldeneye?
The best licensed game to ever exist.
Basically, the game that proved FPS games could be done on a console.

Nayrman

Unless Nintendo and Microsoft are working on it together, then it's not going to happen...
We've been through this before people. just keep moving.

The Riddler

Quote from: Nayrman on June 08, 2010, 11:34:10 AM
Unless Nintendo and Microsoft are working on it together, then it's not going to happen...
We've been through this before people. just keep moving.
The controllers are pretty convincing.

Macawmoses

Actually Nayr, I'm not quite sure I agree. Keep in mind we've seen another "Goldeneye" game. While a strict remake is out of the question, we could see an adapted title without anyone from the original involved as we did not all that long ago. It wouldn't be hard to mimic it, seeing as the license holder would approve of the likenesses, etc.