News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

What Do YOU Want In Super Smash Bros. 4?

Started by JrDude, July 09, 2009, 06:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Like Zero said, I'd just rather have a main character than a side character; if I could only have one, I'd want Mario or Kirby, not Toad or Waddle Dee. As to the issue of every game having different protagonists, Cloud would be the obvious choice. Or, if they wanted to please one fanbase and annoy another, they could always just make a deal with Disney and throw in Sora. :)

And technically, Cloud has been on a Nintendo console: as a minor character/summon in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.  ;)

Zero

Quote from: SmashBro25 on March 23, 2010, 03:57:52 PM
And technically, Cloud has been on a Nintendo console: as a minor character/summon in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.  ;)

That's what TK meant by "Cameo"

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Zero on March 23, 2010, 02:43:11 PM
Yeah Sakurai once said that any third party character that'd make it into the game would have to have been on a Nintendo console, but that isn't set in stone.
Then again, we have to consider this; Why would Sakurai change anyways? While It's not set in stone mainly due to how quickly he changes his mind about some things he did say it. He hardly shows any interest himself into having Third-Party characters based from interviews. They have other iconic characters; Granted those ones are mostly really limited to job classes but they can still work. If we didn't want to go with a Moogle completely, there's Chocobo's (Which have been playable/main protagonist in multiple spin-offs and obviously iconic, but this would have more "wut" than moogle) And Classes (Like Black Mage; FF1, FF3, FF5, FF9, And pretty much almost every other game in the series to it's own merits. Not the main character in 9 but you get the idea with that example)

As a huge fan of the series I think it'd just be awkward to throw in Cloud. Not just for the fact of his lack of Nintendo contributes but more for the fact the series has spun such a wide variety of games. Just think of this: With Fire Emblem Marth and Ike are the obvious choices due to there amount of appearances and the fact the series isn't known much anyways. On the other hand with FF It's spawned an insane amount of spin-offs and games on Nintendo with enough credibility to have a hard time picking a character just out of that pool. Anyone not thinking that is as blind as a bat.

Though Cloud would be one of the better hype tools from Square-Enix. I'll give him that.

Quote from: SmashBro25 on March 23, 2010, 03:57:52 PMOr, if they wanted to please one fanbase and annoy another, they could always just make a deal with Disney and throw in Sora.
Doubt that with Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy running around especially the whole part "License with Disney". However KH Is probably next in line after those two If those were to be ignored for some obscure reason.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Shujinco2

LOL

I never said Mr. Namco had a shot. infact, i admitted quite the oppisite MANY times. (I do, however, find it still a good idea.)

OH, and you know what should be an Item... A MASTER BALL!!!!!

You throw it at people and catch them, then you can throw them off the ledge. (Of course, counter to cannon, you CAN escape from it, otherwise it would be WAY to cheap.)

JrDude

Quote from: Barbaloot (AKA Shu) on April 03, 2010, 02:11:22 PM
LOL

I never said Mr. Namco had a shot. infact, i admitted quite the oppisite MANY times. (I do, however, find it still a good idea.)

OH, and you know what should be an Item... A MASTER BALL!!!!!

You throw it at people and catch them, then you can throw them off the ledge. (Of course, counter to cannon, you CAN escape from it, otherwise it would be WAY to cheap.)
You often did think Mr. Namco had a shot, in fact you used to rage whenever I pointed out he had 0% chance to make it in the game.

And your version of the Master Ball would make no sense if you could escape.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Shujinco2

Quote from: JrDude ♥ on April 03, 2010, 04:55:50 PM

And your version of the Master Ball would make no sense if you could escape.
Yeah... that is a problem.

Ultra-ball then?

That would be cool.

Thirdkoopa

Ultra Ball, regular ball, and whatever the other one that wasn't master was?

Sounds good to me.

Also thread bump. Why? Because I said so.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

tibar21

it would be nice if:
they enabled nicknames on basic online
they used room to put in more playable characters instead of making a huge stroy mode or that masterpiece
made gameplay faster
made more neutral stages
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

The Riddler

Quote from: Thirdkoopa on March 24, 2010, 04:22:08 AM
Not just for the fact of his lack of Nintendo contributes but more for the fact the series has spun such a wide variety of games.
BUT CLOUD WUZ IN KINGDAM HEARTS ON DA GAMEBOY ADVANCED.

^lol.

tibar21

i don't think there will be another 3rd party in the next one regardless whether sonic & snake stay. it was probably just a one-time thing.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Neerb

Quote from: Riddler on June 05, 2010, 07:23:19 AM
BUT CLOUD WUZ IN KINGDAM HEARTS ON DA GAMEBOY ADVANCED.

^lol.

-_- That isn't an argument as to why he should be in, it just means that technically he can be in.

Qsmash

Faster paced gameplay, Playable online, and no tripping.

It would be nice if Third Party characters returned too.
[spoiler]but none from Square-Enix[/spoiler]