News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is now out. (Contains SPOILERS) Be Warned.

Started by SkyMyl, May 23, 2010, 11:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

When are you getting it?

Already got it.
4 (21.1%)
Sometime this week/month, when I have more cash.
7 (36.8%)
Eventually.
5 (26.3%)
I'm not getting it anytime soon.
2 (10.5%)
Fuck no I'm not intercourse ing getting Galaxy 2.
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

JrDude

It's out already? Damn, for some reason I thought it would be a long time 'till it came out.
Note: any responses will not be read because I hate spoilers.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Nayrman

Quote from: Zero on May 23, 2010, 08:52:29 PM
I never had to grind for star bits in Galaxy 1. lol
I'm just saying that is it's only purpose. I have yet to grind for the bits, but it's annoying having to pick up all of them on my path to make sure I don't HAVE to grind later.

Zero

Collection is part of every platformer. lol

I don't mind collecting star bits on my way through the levels mainly because its incredibly easy to multitask. You can pull of maneuvers rather easily all while collecting star bits, hell you can even do it in boss fights without trying all that hard. I think you're being a little over critical, but maybe that's just me.

SkyMyl

>thread contains spoilers

The intercourse . I have to stay away from my own thread so I don't spoil the levels for myself?

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: SkyMyl on May 24, 2010, 11:54:57 AM
>thread contains spoilers

The intercourse . I have to stay away from my own thread so I don't spoil the levels for myself?
Just block Nayrman, and everything will be just fine. ;)

Cornwad

SkyMyl

Quote from: TheAuraWielder on May 24, 2010, 11:59:36 AM
I don't block anyone. Plus, I like Nayr.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: TheAuraWielder on May 24, 2010, 11:59:36 AM
LMAO! :D

Stay away from my posts as well..... I revealed quite a bit earlier in this thread.

Sorry MYL, but you should of known what you were getting yourself into, eh! :P

How did you delete your own saved game?  Cornwad D:

You know what, until I get further in the game, I think my fav song is just the Title Screen's theme song. >_<

Cornwad

I clicked on a bunch of stuff without paying full attention to the game, and when it said "Would you like to erase the save file?" I thought it was asking if I wanted to play. I clicked OK the second I realized what it actually said.

Nayrman

What's there to spoil?
[spoiler]YOU SAVE THE PRINCESS ZOMG WHAT A FUCKING PLOT TWIST!?[/spoiler]

Unless you explicitly say how to get something, you're not really spoiling anything.

Entering World 6 with about 88 or so stars. Worlds 1-3 are 100%, and I'm only missing about one or two in five. One missing in world four but I think it's a scripted event, so I won't deal with it for now.

Gwen Khan

Nayrman

Got ALL 120 Stars. 3 days this time, although I probably would've had it in two if I didn't have summer class. Oh well. Better than the first by a couple steps, but the same problems in the first one persist here. Still, definite pick-up for anyone with a Wii.

[spoiler]Boss Blitz Galaxy: Prankster Comet Speed Run: BOULDERDASH NEEDS TO DIE! Nintendo, speed running a boss that relies completely on what he decides to do isn't speed running, but whatever. That was...frustrating, but oh so satisfying to kick his sorry ass.
GREEN STAR CHALLENGE NEXT! But... for the weekend. I've got class things to do. UGH[/spoiler]

X-3

But Nayr, aren't there 240 stars?

I'll buy it sooner or later.

edit: Oh, you mentioned the Green Stars, disregard my first sentence. It's full of unneeded snark anyway.

Cornwad

I'm disappointed by the lack of Boo and Spring Mario. They're only in like two levels each if that.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Zero on May 23, 2010, 02:49:19 PM
Notice how the Wii doesn't have a "Player's Choice" line? Yep. Probably won't ever will either. What changed this gen? Nintendo has basically been printing their own money and doesn't really need the price drops in their games. People still buy them.

But yeah I just read the Destructoid review and I'm pretty psyched. I wish I could go out and get it now but eh...I'll wait.

On the contrary, it's my thought that we'll see a re-release of several Wii games at a lower price near the end of the console's life. They took quite a few titles, such as Shake It! off the market pretty quickly that would benefit from the price drop. Face it, printing money or not, selling more copies at a lower price makes more money than total withdraws. So I'm quite confident in saying we'll see some form of action from Nintendo on that front with titles like Endless Ocean (perhaps bundled), the Excite series, Mario Party/Strikers/etc, PBR, etc. Whether or not it's a players choice line or bundle is TBD imo, but SOMETHING will happen.

And haven't started Galaxy 2 yet. D: