News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is now out. (Contains SPOILERS) Be Warned.

Started by SkyMyl, May 23, 2010, 11:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

When are you getting it?

Already got it.
4 (21.1%)
Sometime this week/month, when I have more cash.
7 (36.8%)
Eventually.
5 (26.3%)
I'm not getting it anytime soon.
2 (10.5%)
Fuck no I'm not intercourse ing getting Galaxy 2.
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Nayrman

[spoiler]
Star #242 collected. Completed "THE PERFECT RUN" on Grandmaster Galaxy, and IT WAS GLORIOUS! Beat one of the hardest levels without taking a hit? Posh! Twas nothing! I can take anything you bring Nintendo! DO YOUR WORST!!!!!!

RAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Oh, yea, was a great game. Loads of fun the entire way. The green stars... were supposed to be hard right? RIGHT? Those were pretty easy actually. Basically I just had to play each level again like I normally do. Ha ha. Grandmaster Galaxy was awesome. Truly. Thanks for the great game Nintendo, honest.

Now, as far as the "highest rated game of all time" thing that's going around. Eh, I'd still say it's too early to tell. To be honest Ocarina of Time still feels like the epic masterpiece that it was 12 years ago. If Galaxy 2 holds up for 5-10 years and is still as great then as it is now, then I shall agree that it really is that great.
[/spoiler]

Cornwad

Nayrman

Quote from: Cornwad on May 27, 2010, 04:42:54 PM
Don't you need a ton of star bits to unlock that?
you only need to store 9999 star bits in the bank Toad to get the Pankster Comet to appear in Grandmaster.
Go to the first level of World 6 (the lava one) and spam the crap out of the second star (a stroll down boulder lane). It's an easy way to get star bits. If you're good at the level, you can get close to 150 star bits a run. Just jump off and kill yourself at the end, and repeat until you get maxed out. You won't run out of lives if you get 100 each time.

Someguy13

Quote from: Nayrman on May 27, 2010, 02:14:33 PM
[spoiler]
Star #242 collected. Completed "THE PERFECT RUN" on Grandmaster Galaxy, and IT WAS GLORIOUS! Beat one of the hardest levels without taking a hit? Posh! Twas nothing! I can take anything you bring Nintendo! DO YOUR WORST!!!!!!

RAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Oh, yea, was a great game. Loads of fun the entire way. The green stars... were supposed to be hard right? RIGHT? Those were pretty easy actually. Basically I just had to play each level again like I normally do. Ha ha. Grandmaster Galaxy was awesome. Truly. Thanks for the great game Nintendo, honest.

Now, as far as the "highest rated game of all time" thing that's going around. Eh, I'd still say it's too early to tell. To be honest Ocarina of Time still feels like the epic masterpiece that it was 12 years ago. If Galaxy 2 holds up for 5-10 years and is still as great then as it is now, then I shall agree that it really is that great.
[/spoiler]
Congrats.

[spoiler]
The Prankster for Grandmaster has me stuck for now. I have the first, second, third, and fifth sections pretty much mastered but I can only beat the fourth part sometimes and those hammer bros keep killing me in the sixth part.
*sigh* nothing for it but to keep trying I guess.
[/spoiler]

Nayrman

Quote from: Someguy13 on May 27, 2010, 05:25:37 PM
Congrats.

[spoiler]
The Prankster for Grandmaster has me stuck for now. I have the first, second, third, and fifth sections pretty much mastered but I can only beat the fourth part sometimes and those hammer bros keep killing me in the sixth part.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]If you jump properly, you can conserve the maximum of 3 clouds to use as help in the flipswitch part of the level. Also, remember you can take it slow. It isn't a speed run. Also, the laser machines in that section will stop firing after you pass them for some reason. The hammer brothers are easy for me. Remember that Star Bits are useless at this point. If you die quite a few times and get some star bits collected, you can always shoot those at a hammer bro to stall them so you can kill them. Also, keeping Cloud Mario keeps your jump physics better. Use that to your advantage to take shortcuts in the Hammer Bro section.[/spoiler]

hope that helps

Someguy13

Quote from: Nayrman on May 27, 2010, 05:29:44 PM
[spoiler]If you jump properly, you can conserve the maximum of 3 clouds to use as help in the flipswitch part of the level. Also, remember you can take it slow. It isn't a speed run. Also, the laser machines in that section will stop firing after you pass them for some reason. The hammer brothers are easy for me. Remember that Star Bits are useless at this point. If you die quite a few times and get some star bits collected, you can always shoot those at a hammer bro to stall them so you can kill them. Also, keeping Cloud Mario keeps your jump physics better. Use that to your advantage to take shortcuts in the Hammer Bro section.[/spoiler]

hope that helps
[spoiler]
I knew I could make it with two clouds but I didn't know that it could be done with 3. I'll have to be more careful with my jumps.

*facepalm* I totally forgot that starbits were for shooting >_> I'll be sure to use that.
[/spoiler]

Thanks.

Nayrman

Quote from: Someguy13 on May 27, 2010, 05:53:12 PM
[spoiler]
I knew I could make it with two clouds but I didn't know that it could be done with 3. I'll have to be more careful with my jumps.

*facepalm* I totally forgot that starbits were for shooting >_> I'll be sure to use that.
[/spoiler]

Thanks.

I would make a video of it, but I'm tired. Maybe tomorrow.
Eh. I'll try to come up with more tipes

Someguy13

Quote from: Nayrman on May 27, 2010, 05:59:05 PM
I would make a video of it, but I'm tired. Maybe tomorrow.
Eh. I'll try to come up with more tipes
Hopefully I'll be done by tomorrow. I have it paused on the last part now so hopefully I'll be done in like 2 minutes.

SkyMyl

Got to World 4. Didn't play that much today.

Quote from: Gwen Khan on May 27, 2010, 08:57:51 AM
I have around 111 stars, just beat the [spoiler]boss battle comet star[/spoiler]
Quote from: Nayrman on May 27, 2010, 02:14:33 PM
[spoiler]

RAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

[/spoiler]
Quote from: Someguy13 on May 27, 2010, 05:25:37 PM
Congrats.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Quote from: Someguy13 on May 27, 2010, 05:53:12 PM
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Thanks.
HOLY SHIT SO MANY SPOILER BOXES.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT IF I CAN CLICK ANYTHING AND STILL AVOID LEVEL SPOILERS

Nayrman

At this point, you probably can't SkyMyl

Oh, and SomeGuy, I recorded the video. I need to export the raw file with audio, then I'll do the editing. I'll also go about talking about tips on how I did it to help others out if they need it. I still died a TON though. Mostly on the end section. Ugh, it's not HARD, Mario's just programmed...stupidly.
for example, Mario can't spin and then jump right out of it, which is odd considering Crash Bandicoot could do that in 1995. Also, you cannot jump while doing the "kicking" animation of killing an enemy. Basically, you're glued do the ground a lot at the very last part, making it REALLY easy for them to hit you. Oy Vey.

Someguy13

Thanks Nayr. But I've just about got it. At this point the only thing that stands between me and the star is the last little bit. I've played the rest so much it's almost second nature.

With no checkpoints it feels like I've died and my punishment is to be doomed to play the same sections of level over and over and over for all eternity.

Someguy13

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEE

[spoiler]
2 out of 3 boomerang bros killed and I get hit by one of the boomerangs on it's way back.
[/spoiler]

Nayrman

Welcome to classic gaming my friend.
Back in the day, pretty much all the games were like that, usually with only one checkpoint halfway. Ah, takes me back. I'll get the video up soon.

Remember, it's better to not hit the Boomerang Bro if another one is about to throw it. Let them lie on their back for a few seconds and take out the attacking ones. A stalled Bro is better than one throwing crap at you.

Someguy13

Quote from: Nayrman on May 27, 2010, 08:07:24 PM
Welcome to classic gaming my friend.
Back in the day, pretty much all the games were like that, usually with only one checkpoint halfway. Ah, takes me back. I'll get the video up soon.

Remember, it's better to not hit the Boomerang Bro if another one is about to throw it. Let them lie on their back for a few seconds and take out the attacking ones. A stalled Bro is better than one throwing crap at you.
Oh I've been playing games my whole life. I know what it was like. But even the original Super Mario Bros had a check point every world.

This is more compareable to Zelda II. Every gameover it takes you back to the start of the game (though it saves progress). It doesn't really add to the difficulty but it makes where you were stuck a bit of a walk away. More tedious than hard.

DededeCloneChris

At this rate, this thread will become the "Story of my Galaxy 2 Life" thread...