News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

NSFCD Olympics: SSBB Tournament (Begins @ 7 PM CDT)

Started by Rius, June 06, 2010, 05:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rius

NSFCD Olympics: Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament
(logo coming)
Board Member: Mack

Greetings, denizens of NSFCD! Welcome to the Tournament Thread for Super Smash Bros. Brawl!

Battle your fellow users in the very first game tournament of the Olympics! To that Olympian who climbs the ranks to the very top, the title of Smash! King and a $10 GameStop Giftcard. See the Contest Rules for further details. If you are interested in competing, please reply to this thread with what times are best for you that day.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl was one of NSFCD's strongest boards at its inception; it is one of two Nintendo boards that persevered through board reduction and even now remains a child board. Unfortunately, the board's age is beginning to show and its activity is decreasing. However, to the supporters of the NSFCD and the Smash Board, we present the NSFCD Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament.

Contest Rules

1. Eligibility - User must have registered for the NSFCD Olympics.

2. Deadline - All Users who are interested in competing must register for the Tournament by posting their intent to compete in this thread by Saturday, June 19, 2010 at 11:59 PM CST.

3. Tournament - The Tournament will begin Monday, June 21, 2010. At 12:00 AM that day, the official bracket will be posted. If there are 16 or less Competitors, the Tournament will proceed at the elected time. If there are more than 16 Competitors, preliminary rounds will be held Monday, June 21, 2010 to select 8 competitors to compete in the finals. The finals will take place Tuesday, June 22, 2010.

4. Match Reporting - After each match of the Tournament, all Participants of that match must report the results in the IRC chatroom, #NSFCD_Olympics. All parties involved are on the honor system. If there is a dispute or fabrication as to the results of the match, the offending party will be disqualified from the Competition. The final three rounds of the Tournament will be observed by an NSFCD Olympics Board Member; the Board Member will be represented by a predetermined character before promptly self-destructing three times as to not interfere with the match.

5. Prizes - All participating Users will receive Points based on what round they are eliminated from the Tournament.

• Preliminaries - 10 Points
  • Quarterfinals/Semifinals - 25 Points
  • 3rd Place - 50 Points
  • 2nd Place - 75 Points
  • 1st Place - 100 Points
The Tournament Winner be bestowed with the rank Smash! King and receive One (1) $10 GameStop Giftcard.

6. General Conditions - All Forum Rules and General Conditions of the NSFCD Olympics apply. The Rules of the Tournament are as follows:

• Stock - 3
  • Time - 8:00
  • Items - None, Off
  • Winning Conditions - Preliminaries, Best of 1; Quarter/Semifinals, Best of 3; Finals, Best of 5. If time runs out, the Winner is determined by Stock, then Damage.
  • Control Scheme - Competitors must set their control scheme before the match begins.
  • Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned.
  • If a tied game ends with Ganondorf or Bowser player using a Sacrificial KO, the Ganondorf/Bowser player is deemed the Match Winner.
  • Stalling is banned.
  • Competitors are allowed to change characters in between matches.
  • Default Stages - Preliminaries: Yoshi's Island; Quarterfinals: Smashville; Semifinals: Battlefield; Finals: Final Destination
7. Stage Selection - Both Users will announce one (1) stage they want eliminated from the Allowed Stages list, bar the Default Stages. 1st Rounds of each Match will take place on the Default Stage for that bracket. For all subsequent Rounds of the match, the loser will select a stage from a modified Allowed Stages list that excludes the two eliminated stages and all stages already played that round, including the Default Bracket Stage. Allowed Stages are as follows:

• Battlefield (Default)
  • Final Destination (Default)
  • Smashville (Default)
  • Yoshi's Island (Default)
  • Castle Siege
  • Halberd
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Brinstar
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Jungle Japes
  • PictoChat
  • Pirate Ship
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Rainbow Cruise
Both Competitors are required to select the determined stage for the Match; if a Competitors fails to comply, the opponent must report the action immediately to the #NSFCD_Olympics chatroom. If it is determined the action was deliberate, the Match the offending Competitor forfeits the match.

Rius

Official Bracket

Light

Any time works for me on any of the days as of this moment in time. If a change comes up, I'll be sure to let you know.

EDIT: Crap, forgot: Tuesday through Thursday I have choir practice, so those days I won't be available from noon to around 4 PM Pacific.

MOAR EDIT: Choir practices are over, so no problems now.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Cornwad

I'm in, I'll work on getting a prime connection with my Wii until then. I hate Nintendo WFC so much.

I should also point out that my game crashes whenever I face someone playing as Ike and sometimes Kirby

Dawei

Wait, so I only need to win this tournament to get the giftcard? I don't need to be the whole Olympic champion, do I? If that's the case, then I'm definitely going to play.

NiMa74

Totally in. I'm good for pretty much any time on Monday, but Tuesday, I'm only good for about 4-6 and 11-12 EST.

Spud

Looks like I need to brush up on my Smash skills...

Light

Quote from: Dawei on June 06, 2010, 04:49:55 PM
Wait, so I only need to win this tournament to get the giftcard? I don't need to be the whole Olympic champion, do I? If that's the case, then I'm definitely going to play.

Quote from: Rius on June 06, 2010, 05:38:22 AM
1. Eligibility - User must have registered for the NSFCD Olympics.

So, for the gift card for this specific contest, I suppose not. But you at least have to be signed up for the Olympics.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

The Riddler

I can't participate in this one...

JrDude

I can participate... but I'm not very good with time and internet, I usually end up forgetting unless something reminds me... or I just happen to go on (I often make it JUST IN TIME)
[move][/move]
Dude .

Eizweir

I'll have to see if I can find a working copy of SSBB before then...
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Chris8492

Ill be in on this.

Edit: nvm ill be gone for this time period.

Jayat

Click here to level up my card!

Wii 8713-9036-0212-2272

tibar21

i'll play. i just need to sign up for the olympics. i'll figure it out.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Macawmoses