News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

First Black and White Screens.

Started by Nayrman, April 15, 2010, 05:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

No magazine scans, real screenshots this time. Unfortunately no video from the April 15th event thing, so yea, let's just take a look shall we?

Much different camera angle, looks almost like a bird instead of a straight top downish display. How this'll effect the overworld I don't know. But the grass, and ground in general (as well as the buildings/signs, etc.) seem to be artistically drawn differently, which I approve of. It looks more at home with Yoshi's Island or something, but it's at least eye pleasing.

Well, it looks like everything on the overworld will be in full 3D. Huzzah. Hopefully that means some depth to the overworld and not just sprite trickery like it has been. The draw distance is pretty nice, although I will say the 2D character sprites and a full 3D environment don't totally mesh.

See what I mean? the sprites don't look at that convincing in the environment. In other news, HOLY CRAP ACTUAL 3D MOVEMENT IN THE OVERWORLD! No just up/down/left/right, it seems you can actually go "in" the cities now. Way to go Nintendo for providing some real depth to "generic rpg town #10293579".

The depth carries over inside too. Huzzah.

Same as here, but I can tell they're re-using some stuff from HG/SS on the ground there.

Like the new camera angle, but does anyone else think that Zoroak sprite looks REALLY low-res? I mean, I can see some of the individual bits on his outline. Hope this get's polished up by release...

Silverhawk79

It looks pretty nice, truthfully. I might pirate buy it.

Lotos

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on April 15, 2010, 07:42:00 AM
It looks pretty nice, truthfully. I might pirate buy it.

You'll have to wait a few days until the patch is released.  HG/SS had a problem after a certain amount of "events" that the game would freeze up.

Macawmoses

Huh.

I'm not a fan of the new perspective. I love that the cities are towering like they should be, but to be honest, I just can't see them executing it well. Based solely on the screenshots, it seems quite awkward (especially considering the use of sprites/etc).

What impresses me most is the in battle change. It's one that is quite sensible, if you ask me.

bluaki

The battle change looks like they might do it well, but there's not much info at all.

I don't see why they wouldn't make models for all humans. It's not like it's beyond the capabilities of the DS whatsoever. The city screenshot looks especially awkward, but the grassy hills doesn't look much different from HG/SS.

The Riddler

Eh, still not a fan of the new perspective. If they made models for the humans than I'd be more excited. Also, the new shot of the city makes it clear that the Pokecenter is the bottom of the tall building, so I'm thinking the pokemart/center combo may just be that one city.