News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Pokemon Collosseum/XD

Started by Eizweir, April 24, 2010, 09:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eizweir

Recently with all the Pokemon craze and what not I wanted to play Pokemon again, but I am missing a DS and only would have Pearl to play.

Anyways, I decided to put Colosseum into my Wii and while it's much different from the standard Pokemon game, I find it all right.

So what's your opinion on the two GCN Pokemon games?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

bluaki

Pros:
They finally move away from the same exact formula that all other pokemon games follow.
Analogue movement
Somewhat more story than the handheld games and older protagonist
The snag system allows you to get Pokemon stronger than a typical Bidoof/Rattata/Caterpie at the beginning
3D battles
The large focus on Double Battles is great
Removal of HM system
The Colosseums offer very good training areas; better than any other Pokemon game's training which is mostly limited to battling each trainer once and then depending on wilds with their much-lower exp
Those Colosseums even offer decent aftergame training and let you still train lower levels without exp share

Cons:
Shadow pokemon really suck and purification is an annoying process in Colosseum; improved some in XD
The fact that wilds don't even exist leaves you with a lot less to do, with fewer Pokemon available, and XD's wilds are absolutely terrible compared to the handhelds
No breeding
Trading with the handheld games is a hassle, requiring storyline to be finished first
3D battles are a little slow and still need improvement in the animations

I think Pokemon really should make more games like these two on Wii or whatever, with those cons changed.

So_So_Man

good, with a major exception.  Whenever I try to kill or weaken a pokemon using a shadowmon, it enters hypermode

ThePowerOfOne

I've only played XD, and I thought it was pretty fun.

Too bad I lost it a couple years ago...

Zies

Pretty much what Blu said.
It was pretty fun and whatnot, but though some hassles were removed, new ones were found. I hated having to purify what you caught in Colosseum and I never actually did even though I beat the game about two times. >,>
Luckily we got some of the more rare Pokemon, though, as well as the three Johto starters in XD at the end.

Quote from: Gaitorbait208...I was about to have to Veritas Est Fortis your mom...

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Zies on April 25, 2010, 08:22:37 AM
Pretty much what Blu said.
It was pretty fun and whatnot, but though some hassles were removed, new ones were found. I hated having to purify what you caught in Colosseum and I never actually did even though I beat the game about two times. >,>
Luckily we got some of the more rare Pokemon, though, as well as the three Johto starters in XD at the end.
How come you didn't trail off like you usually do?

In my opinion, the two games were awesome for collecting Johto Pokemon and Legendaries. XD was a better improvement, though. At least Michael had more emotion than Wes did.

The Riddler

I played Colosseum and wasn't thrilled. Absolutely hated the snag system.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: bluaki on April 24, 2010, 10:50:28 AM
3D battles are a little slow and still need improvement in the animations
THIS.
FOR.
THE.
LOVE.
OF.
POKEMON.

Ok, a better wild/no dark pokemon poop would be good too. This however makes the experience so unenjoyable despite the rest being good.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Gwen Khan

they were fun, but I hated being told it was raining every turn

The Riddler

You all really like the snag system? D:

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Jeff Probst on April 28, 2010, 06:02:34 PM
You all really like the snag system? D:
I do, mainly because the Pokemon you can catch are evolved/Johto/starters/Legendaries.

Rayquarian

I like the story and the 3D battling, but it'd be nice if they incorporated more of the elements from the handheld games, like Pokémon Gyms.  All I really want is a 3D version of Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.