News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Pokemon you'd like to see Evos/Prevos/Alternates for in Gen5

Started by The Riddler, June 07, 2010, 10:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornwad

People have always wanted baby Kangaskhan to grow up, and nowbody knows what Cubone is. It would solve two mysteries at once. Plus, Cubone loved its mother so much that it wears her head, and baby Kangaskhan lives in its mother its whole life. It makes perfect sense, even if it would be hard to integrate.

Oh, and MechaWatts is a moron.

Rius

Considering that Rob's source for that Cubone/Kanga pic also provided us with this: [spoiler][/spoiler]

Can't say I take it seriously. Now to consider it. Sure, they could make Kangaskhan and Cubone related. They could also make Mr. Mime and Magikarp related; it's just as likely.

The major supporting "evidence" I've seen so far is that they have similar body shapes. Oh my god, a game that has Body Shape as creature category features two Pokemon with similar body shapes. It's unreal! While we're at it, let's relate Regigigas and Dunsparce since they're both in the same creature category, Normal type. Or let's limit it to body type... Solrock and Starmie are both in the same Body Shape category, so they can be related! As a bonus, they're both Psychic type!

...No. Magikarp and Gyarados look radically different, yet they're related. Already used in this thread, Psyduck and Golduck. A lot of discussion considered Cubone's skull; ignoring the relative size of Kangaskan's head to Cubone, the heads of Kangaskhan and Cubone look nothing alike. Which kind of makes sense, considering it's supposed to be Marowak's skull. The skull Marowak wears looks a bit different from Cubone's, sure; it is not, however, radically different in shape in size, as opposed to Kangaskhan's. Furthermore, the skull we see on Marowak is the same skull it wore as Cubone, weathered over time and fused to Cubone's head... it's more like an external skull, so we have no idea what Marowak's internal skull looks like. Unless you look at Cubone, of course. Seriously, appearance wise, Charmander and Cubone are more likely to be related, and at least Charizard's skull barely looks like Cubone's.

Cubone is obviously reptilian (Marowak even has tummy scales), as to be expected since they're Ground-type bone Pokemon. Hm... what bones do we find in the ground... well, the answer depends on whether you're a tomb raider or a paleontologist, but I was going for fossils. Cubone and Marowak are fossil-based Pokemon (as opposed to Fossil Pokemon, courtesy of Pokemon science). Kangaskhan is a really violent kangaroo. Totally the same thing.

Getting away from appearance, with the exception of one pair of Pokemon, Game Freak has never retroactively connected to Pokemon species with an evolution.  That one exception happens to be Hitmonchan and Hitmonchan, Pokemon that were intentionally and obviously counterparts to one another. And that happened as soon as Baby Pokemon hit the scene. So if Game Freak were to retroactively connect Pokemon families, it would be ones that actually have in-game connections, such as the Nidoran or Plusle/Minun, etc. I would say the biggest stretch that rule could possibly be extended to is Gyarados and Milotic, Pokemon that aren't even in that same breeding group but have way more similarities than Cubone and Kangaskhan. I mean, if the two were right next to each other in the Pokedex, then maybe... but they don't even have that. There is absolutely no in-game connection between the two.

Just pointing out my observations, since the topic dominated the thread. Back to the main point...
I would like to see all of those paired Gen III Pokemon share an evolution somehow; for example, you breed Plusle and Minun together while they hold a battery or soemthing, and you get some kind of neutral Pokemon or something.
I would like to see Jynx and Wobbuffet get evolved forms, as well; with the exception of the Hitmons, those two Pokemon are the only ones with pre-Gen IV Baby forms that do not have a third form. Also, the analogues between Jynx and Electabuzz/Magmar are so apparent, it deserves one.
I think Eevee needs a Dragon evolution. All the Eeveelutions are former special types; Dragon is the only special type Eevee doesn't have an evolved form for.
I would like to see a male counterpart to Kangaskan and the (I like the name) Kangachan pre-evo. It's not absurd, unlike the Cubone idea. Also, Miltank should be able to produce Tauros eggs. And Nidoqueen should be able to breed period.
Stealing from the evil Pokemon thread, I would like to see a Cerebus evolution for Houndoom. It would be amaaaaaazing.

And that's it. Sorry if I was a little touchy. ^_^

Quote from: Riddler on June 08, 2010, 05:21:38 PM
I still disagree that they look different. Their bodies are near identical in color and shape. Your only true argument is that they've never been linked and that the skull is a little different. I debunked the skull thing by suspending disbelief.

Like I've said a thousand times before. It's a fun way to look at it, it makes the whole thing more interesting. With all the signs pointing to it, even if it isn't canon, it's still cool to think of it that way.

So, intercourse  you, I'm a believer.
If it's just for fun, then sure. I mean, when I saw that pic I was like: "Oh my god, it's so obvious." But then it became serious business. :|

Neerb

I'm almost 100% sure someone already mentioned this before, but I'm too lazy to check, so... maybe we could do some DNA-Digivolving stuff. Like, have Plusle and Minun in your team at the same time, and when the both reach a certain level, they combine into some better, awesomer pokemon. The explanation for why it didn't happen in old games could be, as per usual, a hold item... although only one has to be holding it. Of course, we should have been able to do this back in first and second gen, since Slowpoke+Shellder=Slowbro/SlowKing, and I guess it would be awkward if they couldn't evolve the same way anymore or if they were suddenly the only ones unable to do it despite their entries.

Oh, and a final note on Marokhan: if you look back at my little Kangaskhan measurement picture, you'll notice that the baby Kangaskhan in the pouch has a head 1' tall. Now, how tall was Cubone again? That's right, 1'04". So, even if the skull that's twice as tall as Cubone magically shrunk, there's still the fact that even the oldest Cubones will only be about the size of a newborn Kangaskhan's head. So, in addition to the adult skull shrinking to about 1/4 it's size and growing horns, does this evolution to Cubone also cause the babykhan to shrink to half it's size?

Cornwad

All Pokemon including the likes of Groudon and Wailord fit into balls that easily fit in your pockets, and you're worried about measurements. Somebody's being dumb. That Diglett thing is pretty amazing too. Diglett is forever ruined for me.

The Riddler

Rius, For the image, it was a quick google image search. Search it and you'll find a thousand or more sources.

You're using Body Shape based on the category. That is NOT what I'm getting at. I mean physically they're the same shape. Biped, big intercourse ing tail (with the bonus of the spike on Marowaks that Kangaskhan shares), spikes on the back (Cubone and Kangaskhan share this), toe claws, big yellow belly, etc. They're actually the same shape. I didn't mean the group. You could cut off Cubones head and replace it with Kangaskhans and it'd still be a close match, minus all the scales. Charmander has different arms, legs, and tail compared to Cubone. Cubones full body is a close match to Kangaskhans.

Yes, Kangaskhan is a Kangaroo. But it has spikes and scales. Hardly a sound argument there, especially since they're Pokemon. Cubone and Marowak have no definitive base. They're the "Lonely Pokemon" and "Bone Keeper Pokemon". You can't say what they are at all.

The skull Cubone wears does not look like a weathered version of Marowaks. It's a different shape, it has different eye and nose holes, Marowaks doesn't even have teeth. Marowak's head is three times the size of Cubones, as well. I know they're similar, but if the argument is that "Kangaskhans head is a different shape", then by that logic Marowaks is off too. Kangaskhans head IS similar enough to be plausible.

And for the last time, I know there is no in-game or canon connection. That's why this is all fan-belief, and it's something I'll be stubborn on. No sense in arguing that point.

Neerb

Quote from: Cornwad on June 08, 2010, 06:27:14 PM
All Pokemon including the likes of Groudon and Wailord fit into balls that easily fit in your pockets, and you're worried about measurements. Somebody's being dumb. That Diglett thing is pretty amazing too. Diglett is forever ruined for me.

I'm pretty sure that has something to do with the pokeball tech, not all pokemons' magic abilities to shrink whenever the heck they want.  :|

The Riddler

Quote from: Mewtwo on June 08, 2010, 06:46:50 PM
I'm pretty sure that has something to do with the pokeball tech, not all pokemons' magic abilities to shrink whenever the heck they want.  :|
Might I remind you that not every single Pokemon of a species is the same size.

DededeCloneChris

This conversation is as crazy as to believe why the heck Digglet can use Scratch and Slash.

Cornwad

Neerb

Quote from: Cornwad on June 08, 2010, 07:43:21 PM
And Pikachu can learn Fly

Doesn't the sprite of that have balloons? Or was that just a fan-made thing?

Cornwad

Nope, it's just Pikachu. I think the lesson her is that if the baby Kangaskhan did evolve, it would evolve into Cubone.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Cornwad on June 08, 2010, 08:22:48 PM
Nope, it's just Pikachu. I think the lesson her is that if the baby Kangaskhan did evolve, it would evolve into Cubone.
It just changed colors, grew 7 inches, and got a skull out of nowhere, then?

The Riddler

Quote from: TheAuraWielder on June 08, 2010, 08:23:54 PM
It just changed colors, grew 7 inches, and got a skull out of nowhere, then?
Skull is a hold item. The rest is evolution, mang.

Neerb

Quote from: Cornwad on June 08, 2010, 08:22:48 PM
:| Um... I don't think that's the lesson here... I think the lesson is simply that regardless of whether or not Cubone is related to Kangaskhan, questioning fiction will generally get you no where.

I still don't believe it though.  >:(