News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

TMs = HMs ?

Started by Neerb, June 08, 2010, 08:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RX-78-2

Quote from: Zero on June 12, 2010, 09:58:23 AM
Heart Scales are limited without hacking, not to mention you have to make the trip there and what not.

You guys are over-complicating this. 

And RX, thanks for pointing poop that WE ALREADY KNOW. We aren't disregarding how they work(at least I'm not), we're saying that the way they work has always been a nuisance and its time for change. Making them impermanent isn't something in the slightest that would be difficult to do, and even if you DID run into the problems that JrDude mentioned(which isn't likely seeing as they're intercourse ing infinite and you can just reteach it to your pokemon), it wouldn't be the first time a game forced you into a spot that you can't get out of without having to restart your last save.
Sarcasm is the refuge of a shallow mind.

Sure, at least you're not disregarding things, but what's with all of this "we" talk? Speak for yourself. You'll see that no one else made such a big deal out of it as you did, as I just happened to post some vital knowledge concerning the topic at hand. Of course it's commonly known, but is there a problem with my action? Please tell me if there is.

And personally, I've never had a problem with HM's that I can remember, so it doesn't really matter to me. The easiest way to solve this is to have two Pokémon--one for the HM and one for your ideal moveset. There's no rule that says that the player has to use their HM Pokémon for battling. Just deal with it; it's not much of a hassle at all.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

JrDude

I've only had one problem with HMs, wanting to learn a move but didn't want to delete the deletable moves. I then turned off my game without saving so I could delete the move before it leveled up.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Zero

Or hell maybe we can just have all water pokemon swim and all pokemon that can fly instead of having to know intercourse ing moves to get them to do it for you. Seriously that has never made any sense.

I just hate having to lug around an HM whore, because I refuse to plague my pokemon with terrible HM moves.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Zero on June 13, 2010, 12:37:28 AM
I just hate having to lug around an HM whore, because I refuse to plague my pokemon with terrible HM moves.
I consider Cut, Rock Smash, and Rock Climb useless in power. Other HM moves are actually powerful (but, thinking again, Rock Smash lowers Defense).

Neerb

Quote from: TheAuraWielder on June 13, 2010, 05:24:13 PM
I consider Cut, Rock Smash, and Rock Climb useless in power. Other HM moves are actually powerful (but, thinking again, Rock Smash lowers Defense).

Rock Climb's even stronger than Strength, and it may cause confusion... it's just not too accurate.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Mewtwo on June 13, 2010, 07:19:38 PM
Rock Climb's even stronger than Strength, and it may cause confusion... it's just not too accurate.
Scratch what I said about Rock Climb. Put Strength in my "useless" list.

Turok

Okay, just had an idea the other day. Our whole thing is that HM's are semi-useless in battle and we can't delete them, right?

My idea for how they would work: you can use the move automatically outside of battle without taking a move slot as long as you still have a pokemon that would feasibly be able to use the move

So we would still need an HM whore of sorts, but you could teach it all the moves you wanted & it could still smash the occasional rock when you need it to.

And as for the few HMs that are useful in battle? Secondary feature of each HM, be able to teach TM versions of the moves.

Less complicated than my other idea, & still satisfies everyone I think.

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

JrDude

Yeah, that's basically my idea except your version I don't really like.

Sad thing is, I'm almost positive they will forever keep HMs the way they are.
[move][/move]
Dude .

So_So_Man

Odds are they will keep HMs in the game in order to constrict the flow of the game.  After all, it wouldn't make much sense if you could just skip the S S Anne and Vermilion city after you beat Misty.