NSFCD Pokedex - Starter/Legendary Discussion

Started by The Riddler, April 08, 2011, 09:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

As I said earlier:

Grass - fox-ish mammal
Fire - phoenix or peacock type bird
Water - Frog/Toad

There, one mammal, one bird, and one reptile/amphibian. Balanced. We can discuss second types though depending on what people want to put as ideas.

Kayo

Quote from: Nayrman on April 14, 2011, 09:52:23 AM
As I said earlier:

Grass - fox-ish mammal
Fire - phoenix or peacock type bird
Water - Frog/Toad

There, one mammal, one bird, and one reptile/amphibian. Balanced. We can discuss second types though depending on what people want to put as ideas.
I'm pretty sure we decided on Grass/Fighting, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Dark.

Also, I still want the Grass starter to be based on this:
[spoiler]][/spoiler]

For fire, I can see a Fire/Psychic kind of land-phoenix... thing. Somehow, I think we can do this. I can start drawing up concept sketches maybe.

For water, someone posted that picture of the blue frog with black spots. I think that looks pretty cool, if we can get that to evolve and not look ugly.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

I kind of like the one mammal, bird, and reptile thing I had going, but that could work too for grass I suppose. And that blue frog was kind of what I had planned but ok. I'll try to think of some evo's

Kayo

Quote from: Nayrman on April 14, 2011, 12:31:36 PM
I kind of like the one mammal, bird, and reptile thing I had going, but that could work too for grass I suppose. And that blue frog was kind of what I had planned but ok. I'll try to think of some evo's
Reptile, bird, amphibian. Technically, we still have three... phyla? If that's the correct biological level here. Maybe it's classes. But you know what I mean.

I think it is classes, and they're all part of whatever Phylum contains all vertebrates by definition. Feel free to correct my biology.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

My main problem with Phoenix is Moltres and Ho-oh.
We already have two Phoenix inspired Pokemon.

..but I do have a bit of an idea.
Fire Psychic.
I can see the final form being a Peacock.
Each of it's tailfeathers has "eyes".. the eyes are where the psychic poop comes from.
Picture it.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Kayo

Quote from: Cecil Harvey on April 14, 2011, 12:57:24 PM
My main problem with Phoenix is Moltres and Ho-oh.
We already have two Phoenix inspired Pokemon.

..but I do have a bit of an idea.
Fire Psychic.
I can see the final form being a Peacock.
Each of it's tailfeathers has "eyes".. the eyes are where the psychic poop comes from.
Picture it.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Why this just come to my mind:

It's wings are red on the outside, fading to yellow on the inside and shaped vaguely like, well, flames. Then the aforementioned "eyes" are contrasting colors, like maybe a blue or even teal.

Rob, do you want me to start sketching some ideas?
[move][/move]

Nayrman

I do like that idea for the fire/psychic bird. That works a-ok for me.

The Riddler

Quote from: Chandelure on April 14, 2011, 01:13:56 PM
Why this just come to my mind:

It's wings are red on the outside, fading to yellow on the inside and shaped vaguely like, well, flames. Then the aforementioned "eyes" are contrasting colors, like maybe a blue or even teal.

Rob, do you want me to start sketching some ideas?
I like it. Let's hope you can draw Sugimori style lol.

That's the final Evo though. What does it start as?

JrDude

I like this idea, but I don't like it for the starter. Peacock should be a Psychic/Flying non-starter. It can even be Fire/Psychic, but I still wouldn't want it for a starter.

Why? Well, there aren't many birds that look like they can be peacocks, without being peacocks (Pre-evos). Also, it's a bird, which is usually flying type. And another thing, Peacocks look different depending on their gender in reality, and the difference is pretty big, and I personally don't think a big change through genders should be implemented in a starter, and I also don't think both Male and Female versions of a Peacock should look like a male Peacock.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 14, 2011, 01:27:33 PM
I like this idea, but I don't like it for the starter. Peacock should be a Psychic/Flying non-starter. It can even be Fire/Psychic, but I still wouldn't want it for a starter.

Why? Well, there aren't many birds that look like they can be peacocks, without being peacocks (Pre-evos). Also, it's a bird, which is usually flying type. And another thing, Peacocks look different depending on their gender in reality, and the difference is pretty big, and I personally don't think a big change through genders should be implemented in a starter, and I also don't think both Male and Female versions of a Peacock should look like a male Peacock.
Torchic line and Piplup line. There goes the bird defense.

I'm not worried about Gender differences personally. That poop wasn't added until Gen4 and Gen5 barely had any differences.

JrDude

I knew the bird thing wasn't a big thing, but it's still a thing. I even said it can still be Fire/Psychic, but not a starter, there it wouldn't bother me.

Gender difference I personally like a lot for some reason, and a peacock should have big differences, but starters should not have big gender differences.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Nayrman

Can a Peacock even fly? Just curious. For some reason I think they're land based. If they can fly then I'm just being an idiot. :P

They don't have to be accurate to real life gender differences ya know, it IS pokemon we're talking about. XD
I like the Fire/Psychic for this starter.

JrDude

I was actually wondering the same thing, I don't remember if they can fly.

And the gender junk is just a personal issue of mine, we don't have to listen to me.
And I like Fire/Psychic too, it's just I didn't want it to be a peacock as the final evo starter.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

[move][/move]

JrDude

Quote from: Chandelure on April 14, 2011, 12:07:06 PM
Also, I still want the Grass starter to be based on this:
[spoiler]][/spoiler]
To me, that seems like a poison type, and shows nothing of a Fighting type, as that type of thing spits out poisonous stuff (I think). And isn't that a dinosaur? If it is, it can be one of our fossil Pokémon being Rock/Poison.
[move][/move]
Dude .