News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

NSFCD Pokedex - Starter/Legendary Discussion

Started by The Riddler, April 08, 2011, 09:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

And this is what I think they should look like, you can expand on my ideas or fix them or whatever, or even completely ignore them.

[spoiler=Water:]
Youngest version:
A little frog with small black dots on it's back and a tail of a tadpole.

1st Evolution:
Basically the frog picture I provided with evil looking expression, (angry eyes, mischievous smile). And have the tail from the prevo be there but barely noticeable.

Final Evolution:
It's bigger, the dots on the back are black fading into purple (or vice versa), standing on it's 2 squating legs and it's expression looks eviler. and it's tail is non-existent.
(Someone expand on this please)
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Grass:]
Youngest version.
Basically this except green [spoiler][/spoiler]

1st Evolution:
Basically the other pic I provided, except the mohawk thingy is smaller, it is standing on 2 feet. Spiky little things along it's chin and below are not there.

Final Evolution:
Bigger, mohawk thingy is bigger, the thing that is like the mohawk type things are also on the arms (Kinda like Gallade, except not). Spiky thing from the pic is there, kinda looking like a little goatee. Fighting stance of some kind.
[/spoiler]

Also, are we confirming the Peacock idea for the fire starter?
[move][/move]
Dude .

FruitFlow

I like the Peacock Fire/Psychic idea.
The tail feathers are a perfect example.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

JrDude, I think many of us want to do a FRILLED LIZARD.

Also here are some doodles I made. Bear with me because I made them in like a minute and had no idea what the intercourse  I was drawing, so they look like complete poop. If I put more time and thought into my drawings they look 1,000,000 times better.

[spoiler=baby fire/psychic peacock][/spoiler]
Fire: Okay so while doodling intuitively I came up with this. A baby peacock chick... thing. It meditates on its one sturdy leg (rather than two frail legs) and uses the feather on its head to amplify its psychic power. The feather contains a single "eye" that I didn't know how to draw so I made a little smudge there. It keeps its two real eyes closed, and the top of its body is separated from the bottom by a line vaguely shaped like the tips of flames. Assume the top half of its body is a lighter color or something. Its "tail-feather-thing" right now is shaped like a single flame, like the flame on a candle. Assume this will expand into a huge inferno shape with evolution. Nothing on its body is on fire.
I scribbled this with the Fire/Psychic idea playing in my mind, but if we want we can just say that its Psychic powers haven't developed yet, so it hasn't gained the second type. It excels at Special attacks, is moderately bulky but not very fast. Also this is like a pre-pre-pre-alpha sketch so many things can potentially be changed.

I really couldn't think of anything specific for a Water/Dark frog thing, so I drew a colorless, featureless basic cartoony frog that I can add to. Trying to make it look better and less generic, I got frustrated and gave up. I need more ideas to work with. Oh, and we need to form its spots into some sort of pattern, even if it's stripes or something. I just don't know what. Again this base form is most likely just pure water so it shouldn't look too evil. It's horrid though.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

I tried, but I can't quite draw a frilled lizard without any sort of reference (Yes, I did those two off the top of my head so I probably was off on my bird and frog biology) so I got nothing for Grass yet.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

...they're actually not bad.
But the bird: I don't like the U shaped eyes, and where are it's wings? If it's only got one leg, what's it gonna fight with if no wings?
The one leg is reminiscent of hoothoot, but hoothooot actually has two legs. One is just tucked up. I'd say give it two legs so it can at least run.

Also: For the water type, I don't think we should make him evil, just mischievous. Why would any trainer want an evil starter?

Kayo

Quote from: Cecil Harvey on April 14, 2011, 03:37:20 PM
...they're actually not bad.
But the bird: I don't like the U shaped eyes, and where are it's wings? If it's only got one leg, what's it gonna fight with if no wings?
The one leg is reminiscent of hoothoot, but hoothooot actually has two legs. One is just tucked up. I'd say give it two legs so it can at least run.
1. the eyes are closed. It's concentrating. Also I didn't want to mess with eye styles at the moment.
2. It used to have wings that tucked back by its tail. I erased them when dividing the body in half and forgot to draw them back in.
3. I said, it excels in Special attacks more. I guess early on it can fly toward things and/or Tackle into them.
4. If I give it two legs it will either be too generic, or too similar in leg style to Torchic, who is often depicted with one leg up. But I just got an idea. Maybe if I give it two V-shaped toes on its feet, pointed outward like > < or something. That way when it meditates or whatever, it can put its legs together to form a stable X shape. And the leg parts can be flat on one side, so when it puts its legs together it forms a circle. I don't know how to explain, but the cross-section of the leg would look like a half-circle.

Just a thought.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Evil looking was the idea, but not evil itself. Looks like he wants to do evil things, but not take over the world. If that makes any sense in the way I want it to.
The frog you drew looks good for the second line in the water family IMO.

Also, I really like the bird thing you drew, but again, doesn't look starter-ish. Though, the only reason is because it doesn't have an innocent looking face, it looks too concentrated. The second form can look that concentrated, but not the very first one. So far, all the starters lowest form looked cute an innocent.
Just make it look like a little cute bird, there is no psychicness implemented yet as it's first form is just pure Fire.

And a frilled lizard? That doesn't look like something that wants to kick your ass (fighting), looks like something that will get mad and spit in your face (Thank Jurassic Park for that image in my head). I think a frilled lizardish Pokémon should be either a fossil Pokémon, or a Dragon/Poison Pokémon.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Quote from: Chandelure on April 14, 2011, 03:50:08 PM
1. the eyes are closed. It's concentrating. Also I didn't want to mess with eye styles at the moment.
2. It used to have wings that tucked back by its tail. I erased them when dividing the body in half and forgot to draw them back in.
3. I said, it excels in Special attacks more. I guess early on it can fly toward things and/or Tackle into them.
4. If I give it two legs it will either be too generic, or too similar in leg style to Torchic, who is often depicted with one leg up. But I just got an idea. Maybe if I give it two V-shaped toes on its feet, pointed outward like > < or something. That way when it meditates or whatever, it can put its legs together to form a stable X shape. And the leg parts can be flat on one side, so when it puts its legs together it forms a circle. I don't know how to explain, but the cross-section of the leg would look like a half-circle.

Just a thought.
Re-add the wings. No matter what type of attacks it's using it needs something to use them with. Also, low level moves are normal type moves, I.E. Tackle, Peck, etc.

I'd say two legs with two toes each would be fine, or two feet that actually have talons instead of toes like Torchic.

Nayrman

Hm. With regards to the bird, I would imagine it would have one slightly long eye-tail, like instead of a ton of feathers like an adult it has one. I do like the one foot idea. I can use both when it's running or something. As it's evolution into second stage, it could have three eye-tails, stand on both legs and it's neck grows a bit and such. Final stage it has tons of eye-tails and looks like a fire-red peacock.

And I like the Toad idea, however I don't like the tail part of it. If I imagine it that way it just looks kind of odd...

JrDude

Quote from: Nayrman on April 14, 2011, 03:56:49 PM
And I like the Toad idea, however I don't like the tail part of it. If I imagine it that way it just looks kind of odd...
Well, my idea was frog, which starts as a tadpole, but since all starters can walk on land, my mind combined frog and tadpole.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 14, 2011, 03:52:04 PM
Evil looking was the idea, but not evil itself. Looks like he wants to do evil things, but not take over the world. If that makes any sense in the way I want it to.
I said, and I quote: "It shouldn't look too evil." I just don't think it should look too.... dark just yet.

QuoteAlso, I really like the bird thing you drew, but again, doesn't look starter-ish. Though, the only reason is because it doesn't have an innocent looking face, it looks too concentrated. The second form can look that concentrated, but not the very first one. So far, all the starters lowest form looked cute an innocent.
Just make it look like a little cute bird, there is no psychicness implemented yet as it's first form is just pure Fire.
If I open the eyes it will look adorable. Especially because I was imagining big, sparkly eyes <3 I just couldn't figure out exactly how to draw them.

QuoteAnd a frilled lizard? That doesn't look like something that wants to kick your ass (fighting), looks like something that will get mad and spit in your face (Thank Jurassic Park for that image in my head). I think a frilled lizardish Pokémon should be either a fossil Pokémon, or a Dragon/Poison Pokémon.
They use the... frills for intimidation. You saw my picture, that doesn't look like it wants to kick your ass? Okay, wow. Aggressive Frilled Lizards definitely look like they want to hurt you.

Also, frilled lizard a fossil? Wow, you're an idiot. Frilled lizards are still around TODAY. They exist. Why would they be only available in a fossil?

Quote from: Nayrman on April 14, 2011, 03:56:49 PM
It's a baby frog/toad. Its tadpole tail is disappearing. I guess.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Quote from: Chandelure on April 14, 2011, 03:59:20 PM
Also, frilled lizard a fossil? Wow, you're an idiot. Frilled lizards are still around TODAY. They exist. Why would they be only available in a fossil?
Actually that was a brain fart. I meant the dinosaur thingy from Jurassic park that has the frillyness on the face like a frilled lizard.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

I said, and I quote: "It shouldn't look too evil." I just don't think it should look too.... dark just yet.
First form, no, look innocent, final form, yes, should look evil/mischievous.

They use the... frills for intimidation. You saw my picture, that doesn't look like it wants to kick your ass? Okay, wow. Aggressive Frilled Lizards definitely look like they want to hurt you.
To me, it looks like it wants to hurt you with spit.

It's a baby frog/toad. Its tadpole tail is disappearing. I guess.
This is basically the image in my head.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[move][/move]
Dude .

Nayrman

Hm. I just don't like the lizard idea for the grass starter. I think my fox with long tail would work better. It opens up for some more kicking and tail fighting moves instead of the usual "punch it" moves. It's really long tail could be use as a substitute for punching. That's just me though. :P

Oh, I see what you guys mean about the frog, but I want to see a drawing of it before I'm fully on board with the idea though.

JrDude

Quote from: Nayrman on April 14, 2011, 04:11:43 PM
Hm. I just don't like the lizard idea for the grass starter. I think my fox with long tail would work better. It opens up for some more kicking and tail fighting moves instead of the usual "punch it" moves. It's really long tail could be use as a substitute for punching. That's just me though. :P
I like the lizard, but not the frilled lizard. The image in my head looks awesome, but I can't draw well at all.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Nayrman

I like my fox with long tail idea. It can use the tail as a whip-like weapon and it can add a lot of other fighting type moves to the mix. In addition it can have a lot of the kicking moves fighting types get like double-kick. Not to mention lizards always seem to scream poison type for some reason.

JrDude

Quote from: Nayrman on April 14, 2011, 04:15:30 PM
I like my fox with long tail idea. It can use the tail as a whip-like weapon and it can add a lot of other fighting type moves to the mix. In addition it can have a lot of the kicking moves fighting types get like double-kick. Not to mention lizards always seem to scream poison type for some reason.
Lizards also have tails, and they aren't super fuzzy so it would seem more threatening.
Though, of course we all like our own ideas, we just have to choose the idea that everyone likes the best, and I only see one person talking about Frilled lizards for starters, and one talking about the mohawk lizard who's name I don't know and others who aren't really saying which they prefer.

This sounds like something that needs a chatroom or something.
[move][/move]
Dude .