News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

NSFCD Pokedex - Starter/Legendary Discussion

Started by The Riddler, April 08, 2011, 09:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Chatroom? Perhaps.

But with the fox I was talking about a big, bush-like tail as big as it's body. It would grow longer as it evolves. I even came up with some moves it could learn on top of some other fighting moves like Double Kick and Brick Break.

Whip Crack: Physical, Fighting, 75 Damage, 100 Accuracy, PP: 10  - The user uses it's tail as a whip and cracks at the foe. Critical hits land more easily (it's like a fighting type slash I suppose)

Heavy Slam: Physical, Fighting, 70 Damage, 80 Accuracy, PP: 20 - (It would be learned somewhat early, like middle form) The user swings slowly but forcefully with the heaviest part of it's body. (for example, with the grass fox it'd be it's tail, for something like Machamp, maybe it's huge arms, so other pokemon could learn it).

Kayo

Quote from: Nayrman on April 14, 2011, 04:15:30 PM
I like my fox with long tail idea. It can use the tail as a whip-like weapon and it can add a lot of other fighting type moves to the mix. In addition it can have a lot of the kicking moves fighting types get like double-kick. Not to mention lizards always seem to scream poison type for some reason.
Except lizards have tails too. And lizards always look more intimidating than foxes. And there so far isn't a single Frilled Lizard pokemon in existence.

But if we want a chatroom, there's always IRC. If we don't want to clog up #nsider, we can always use my test room. I don't mind. It's on irc.chatspike.net like #nsider. The room is called #LavenderTown

Quote from: Nayrman on April 14, 2011, 04:27:11 PM
Heavy Slam: Physical, Fighting, 70 Damage, 80 Accuracy, PP: 20 - (It would be learned somewhat early, like middle form) The user swings slowly but forcefully with the heaviest part of it's body. (for example, with the grass fox it'd be it's tail, for something like Machamp, maybe it's huge arms, so other pokemon could learn it).
A move with this exact name exists.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

Well, it's not like I could remember all the attack names. We could call it something else.

And who says it has to be intimidating? It's final form could be serious looking. But last I checked Meganium wasn't the least bit intimidating...

Kayo

Quote from: Nayrman on April 14, 2011, 04:32:25 PM
Well, it's not like I could remember all the attack names. We could call it something else.

And who says it has to be intimidating? It's final form could be serious looking. But last I checked Meganium wasn't the least bit intimidating...
It also wasn't Fighting type, and it wasn't supposed to be intimidating. Its movepool contained tons of support moves, and its stats were defensively based. It wasn't made to be intimidating at all.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

- explain to me how this is intimidating then? It's got a clown nose and looks stoned. And it'll only look fox-like in it's first form. It can look way more intimidating if we work on it's final form. *looks at Shinx to Luxray on how it went from cute to intimidating*

The Riddler

It seems as though the Water and Fire types are set in stone.

Before we move on to other pokemon, I want to discuss the legendaries. Legendaries can make or break the whole thing.

I don't wanna go overboard with them (see gen4 and 5).

I wanna have a trio, a "leader" of the trio, and a secret pokemon. Back to the roots.

We've had the bird trio, the beast trio, and the golem trio.

Food for thought:

Aquarian trio. Three massive water creatures. Whale, Shark, something. Maybe all whales. All Water/Something.
Moby Dick - Water/Ice - The White Whale.
Megalodon - Water/??? - Giant Shark
???

Nayrman

The legendaries sometimes have something to do with the theme of the story or at least with the bad guys' group. At least from Gen 3 onwards. Perhaps we should come up with the story before we come up with legendaries?

The Riddler

Quote from: Nayrman on April 14, 2011, 04:42:59 PM
The legendaries sometimes have something to do with the theme of the story or at least with the bad guys' group. At least from Gen 3 onwards. Perhaps we should come up with the story before we come up with legendaries?
Negative. We're making a Pokedex, not a game.

Whale, Shark, Dolphin. I like it alot.
Whale would be bulky, Shark would be offensive, Dolphin would be speedy.

JrDude

Legendaries:
3 big legendaries. 1 for each "Game." (EX: Dialga, Palkia, Giratina) (I know we're not making a game, but this should still be done)
1 Legendary that is small cute and flies (EX: Mew, Celebi, Manaphy)
3 for a trio, either sharing species or sharing types (or both)
Rob wants a leader of the trio, and I don't disagree so there's 1 more.
And then 1 more Legendary that is just there and has nothing to do with anything, but is still legendary (EX: Mewtwo, Deoxys, Darkrai)
9 Legendaries? Sound good?

Also, if there's ever a chat, someone who has nothing to do with this should be the head of chat so no one can just ban or silence because someone disagrees with what they said.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: Nayrman on April 14, 2011, 04:36:52 PM

- explain to me how this is intimidating then? It's got a clown nose and looks stoned. And it'll only look fox-like in it's first form. It can look way more intimidating if we work on it's final form. *looks at Shinx to Luxray on how it went from cute to intimidating*
Che cazzo, I didn't say ALL fighting-types have to look intimidating. I just thought that's what we were going for with the Grass starter.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Though I personally find 2 giant stones that he can easily pick up with one hand intimidating, especially when it has 2.

Regardless, I like the idea of an intimidating look.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

To me, most starters are intimidating in their final form anyway.
Charizard and Blastoise will intercourse  your poop up while Venusaur will crush you.
Feraligatr is a huge motherintercourse er and Typhlosion looks angry. Meganium isn't scary.
Blaziken will kick the poop out of you. Swampert and Sceptile aren't very scary though.
Infernape and Empoleon are a tad frightening, while Torterra is also a huge motherintercourse er.
I have no opinions on gen 5

Nayrman

Third stages are generally intimidating, so why couldn't a wolf/fox like pokemon with fighting type moves? I'm just saying the "intimidating" point can be contested. *looks at the Timburr line's clown nose*

As far as legendaries go, I'd like something along the lines of a legendary ghost trio. The legendary trio are mostly "good natured" pokemon like the beasts from gen 2 or the three musketeers from this past gen, or the three not-Mews from Gen 4. I think having a more devious trio would be good. They wouldn't be outright evil but they wouldn't be the cute little critter or the awe inspiring trio. I dunno. The whale, shark, and dolphin sound kind of boring to me. I'll think about some basic designs to get the point across.

Perhaps the final, cute legendary could be a ghost/psychic type. Or the nice ghost of the trio that acts as a fourth member of it, but isn't necessarily related. I'm not sure about the others though.

The Riddler

#nsfdex is the irc channel, but I'd like alot of discussion to be thread based so we can all follow it.

Nayrman