News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

NSFCD Pokedex - Starter/Legendary Discussion

Started by The Riddler, April 08, 2011, 09:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

We should talk about the starters and stuff there now so we can post more final results here without arguing.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

I just thought of an idea.
How about, if the trio is just regular Pokémon? Except ancient. You find them training on their own, and then they end up being like, a new evolution of a Pokémon, except not because it takes centuries to reach the evolution requirements or something. Like, Maybe a Machamp was training in the mountains centuries ago, and you find it still training, and when you see it, it's basically a brand new Pokémon. Difficult to explain my idea exactly.
IDK, just an idea.

My idea is, if this is a trio, it should be 1 is a Pokémon that evolved twice already, 1 only evolved once, and 1 didn't evolve at all, and the "master" is a Legendary that trained, thus not even supposed to be able to evolve.
The idea is, regular Pokémon that trained enough to be considered "legendary." And all from different generations.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 14, 2011, 05:04:41 PM
I just thought of an idea.
How about, if the trio is just regular Pokémon? Except ancient. You find them training on their own, and then they end up being like, a new evolution of a Pokémon, except not because it takes centuries to reach the evolution requirements or something. Like, Maybe a Machamp was training in the mountains centuries ago, and you find it still training, and when you see it, it's basically a brand new Pokémon. Difficult to explain my idea exactly.
IDK, just an idea.
Except then they wouldn't be that rare. Like Feebas. Rarest thing ever in Gen III, suddenly Wi-Fi trade means everyone can get one effortlessly.

Also Nayr, the quickest way to get into the room is to use NSFCD's IRC clien- hurk we don't have it.

Go to http://irc.chatspike.net/webchat/ and enter your screenname in the first box and #nsfdex in the second.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

Erm. Ok, I'm there.

Any thoughts on my ghost idea?

JrDude

Quote from: Chandelure on April 14, 2011, 05:08:18 PM
Except then they wouldn't be that rare. Like Feebas. Rarest thing ever in Gen III, suddenly Wi-Fi trade means everyone can get one effortlessly.
Pokémon Like Genesect and Mewtwo, there's only supposed to be 1 of them since they were man-made. Yet there are (or will be) hundreds due to video game logic.
[move][/move]
Dude .

JrDude

New idea sparked in Chat with Rob and Nayr. No one agreed on it, but what do you guys think?
Legendary horses.
Pegasus-based - Flying
Some water horse Rob mentioned - Water
Some demon horse Rob also mentioned - Dark

Also sort of based off of Zeus, Poseiden, and Hades.

I like the idea, what about you peeps?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Nayrman

In addition to Jr's idea, I had my ghost trio idea expanded.

Ghost/Flying Bat, Ghost Large Wolf, and Ghost/Water Phantom (Mist). Basically it's based on Dracula and the forms he can take (in various tales and media) The fourth could be a ghost/psychic witch, and be the cute legendary.

The Riddler

Pegasus is Zeus' horse.
Hippocamps are Poseidons horses.
Orphnaeus, Aethon, Nycteus, and Alastor are Hades' dark horses.

FruitFlow

Strange. I'm not sure why, but I always thought that Pegasus belonged to Heracles.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

JrDude

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 14, 2011, 09:41:10 PM
Strange. I'm not sure why, but I always thought that Pegasus belonged to Heracles.
I think that was just the cartoon version, though I could be wrong. He was created by Zeus though.

Now that I think about it Nayr, those don't seem like they would be "legendary" to me, but more like Throh and Sawk type Pokémon. Though that may just be me.

So, we all up for the Legendary horses?
If so, the order would probably be:
Dark Horse
Water Horse
Pegasus (Fly Horse)

Because Zeus is God of Gods, and Hades was tricked by Zeus, which leaves Poseidon's in the middle.
[move][/move]
Dude .

FruitFlow

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 14, 2011, 10:01:18 PM
I think that was just the cartoon version, though I could be wrong. He was created by Zeus though.
Yeah, from what I recall in the cartoon it was given to him as a gift when he was a baby.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

JrDude

I am in chat again if people want to brainstorm or anything.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

I feel that once we get the starters and legendaries down, all of the middle pokemon will be a breeze.

My only problem with the horses is that Flying/Water/Dark doesn't feel trio-y.

Maybe if it were Electric/Water/Fire
(Zeus, Poseidon, Hades).

Then it'd just be a rehash of Gen2 though.

Electric/Flying
Water/???
Fire/Dark

just for some variety?

JrDude

Quote from: Cecil Harvey on April 14, 2011, 10:27:15 PM
I feel that once we get the starters and legendaries down, all of the middle pokemon will be a breeze.

My only problem with the horses is that Flying/Water/Dark doesn't feel trio-y.

Maybe if it were Electric/Water/Fire
(Zeus, Poseidon, Hades).

Then it'd just be a rehash of Gen2 though.
They're all so different from each other type-wise, that they work awesomely in my brain.
And anyway, nothing about Pegasus says electric to me.
And there are already 2 legendaries that are Electric Flying, both part of a trio, we don't need a 3rd, even if this is all fake.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 14, 2011, 10:31:57 PM
They're all so different from each other type-wise, that they work awesomely in my brain.
And anyway, nothing about Pegasus says electric to me.
Zeus' horse. Electricity.

A direct copy of Pegasus may be lame anyway. If things are *based* then it's cool.