News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

NSFCD Pokedex - Starter/Legendary Discussion

Started by The Riddler, April 08, 2011, 09:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FruitFlow

IMO, I think Electric, Ice and Fire sound more suitable for the trios.
I mean think about it. These 3 elements are often in the same move branch alongside one another.
We have Thunder Fang, Ice Fang and Fire Fang.
And then there's ThunderPunch, Ice Punch and Fire Punch.
6 moves of different typings and names, but in the same branch.

The same could be said for the Metroid Prime games (minus 3)
Whereas there was Wave Beam (Electric), Ice Beam (Ice) and Plasma Beam (Fire)

I just wanted to throw my 2 cents on that.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

The Riddler

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 14, 2011, 10:35:32 PM
IMO, I think Electric, Ice and Fire sound more suitable for the trios.
I mean think about it. These 3 elements are often in the same move branch alongside one another.
We have Thunder Fang, Ice Fang and Fire Fang.
And then there's ThunderPunch, Ice Punch and Fire Punch.
6 moves of different typings and names, but in the same branch.

The same could be said for the Metroid Prime games (minus 3)
Whereas there was Wave Beam (Electric), Ice Beam (Ice) and Plasma Beam (Fire)

I just wanted to throw my 2 cents on that.
Flying///Electric/Ice/Fire
Electric/Water/Fire
Rock/Ice/Steel
Psychic/Psychic/Psychic
Fighting///Rock/Grass/something

I like Water/Fire/Electric personally. Feels right.
But Pegasus WOULD be an electric type. Zeus sent Pegasus to bring him lightning and thunder. Plus, if he's a representative of Zeus, he has to  have lightning.

JrDude

If we're gonna base it off of it, then why make it electric? Isn't that just making it more of a copy of it?
So, it can be Flying/Ice? I mean, it is blue and white, both relating to ice. Though, then it doesn't seem like Pegasus anymore, regardless.
Then Dark/Fire and Pure water?

I just don't want to do what GameFreak has done, and do 3 things that are the same. (3 Fire fighting starters, now 3 electric flying trio legendaries?)
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 14, 2011, 10:40:15 PM
If we're gonna base it off of it, then why make it electric? Isn't that just making it more of a copy of it?
So, it can be Flying/Ice? I mean, it is blue and white, both relating to ice. Though, then it doesn't seem like Pegasus anymore, regardless.
Then Dark/Fire and Pure water?
Ice makes no sense for Pegasus.
I know there are two Electric/Flyings already but who cares?
If we  base it on those horses it makes sense.
And it makes it more trio-y.

JrDude

Eh whatevs.
Grass/Rock/Steel don't seem very trio-y either, but everyone disagrees with me so we can go for it.
[move][/move]
Dude .

FruitFlow

I actually meant Ice typing for the Poseidon horse.
The more I think about "Tri Attack" the more I want them to be Electric, Ice and Fire.

Also, if we end up not giving them part Flying we could always give them the "Levitate" ability.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

JrDude

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 14, 2011, 10:48:25 PM
I actually meant Ice typing for the Poseidon horse.
The more I think about "Tri Attack" the more I want them to be Electric, Ice and Fire.

Also, if we end up not giving them part Flying we could always give them the "Levitate" ability.
Pegasus is a flying horse, there isn't much to him other than flying. He is getting that typing.
Also, Poseidon has nothing to do with Ice, just water.
And I'm pretty sure a Fishhorse and a demonic horse cannot fly/levitate, so it isn't needed.
[move][/move]
Dude .

FruitFlow

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 14, 2011, 10:50:39 PM
Pegasus is a flying horse, there isn't much to him other than flying. He is getting that typing.
Also, Poseidon has nothing to do with Ice, just water.
And I'm pretty sure a Fishhorse and a demonic horse cannot fly/levitate, so it isn't needed.
Well then, I guess Rob's would be a better choice then.

JrDude

So...
Dark/Fire
Water
Flying/Electric?
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno - Lugia
Suicune, Entei, Raikou - Ho-Oh
Regice, Regirock, Registeel - Regigigas
Dialga, Palkia, Giratina - Arceus
Keldeo, Virizion, Terrakion - Cobalion

How about:
Hades, Poseidon, Demeter - Zeus
Fire, Water, Grass - Flying

Would be the first Fire/Water/Grass legendary trio.
Would fit perfectly.

Zeus is God of Gods, after all.

FruitFlow

Flying/Electric
Water/???
Dark/Fire

The water feels somewhat incomplete having only one typing while the other two get 2.

FruitFlow

Quote from: Cecil Harvey on April 14, 2011, 10:57:15 PM
How about:
Hades, Poseidon, Demeter - Zeus
Fire, Water, Grass - Flying

Would be the first Fire/Water/Grass legendary trio.
Would fit perfectly.
LOL. We posted at the same time.
That actually could work out.

JrDude

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 14, 2011, 10:57:56 PM
Flying/Electric
Water/???
Dark/Fire

The water feels somewhat incomplete having only one typing while the other two get 2.
Look at one of the latest Trios.
Electric/Flying
Flying
Ground/Flying.
So Water seems fitting to be alone.
I still want darkness to be part of the Hades horse though, even with Rob's working idea. Though we don't have to have it have Dark. Though I think it still should look dark (black), especially since we already have a fire horse (Ponyta/Rapidash)
[move][/move]
Dude .

FruitFlow

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 14, 2011, 11:06:18 PM
Look at one of the latest Trios.
Electric/Flying
Flying
Ground/Flying.
So Water seems fitting to be alone.
I still want darkness to be part of the Hades horse though, even with Rob's working idea. Though we don't have to have it have Dark. Though I think it still should look dark (black), especially since we already have a fire horse (Ponyta/Rapidash)
I thought the Grass, Rock and Steel were the 5th Gen Trios, and Tornadus and Thundurus were just the roamers like Latios and Latias since they were version exclusive.

JrDude

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 14, 2011, 11:14:36 PM
I thought the Grass, Rock and Steel were the 5th Gen Trios, and Tornadus and Thundurus were just the roamers like Latios and Latias since they were version exclusive.
They look 95% the same, I consider them a trio.
(Though I guess trios never looked 95% the same, only duos, but regardless!)
[move][/move]
Dude .