Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 14, 2011, 11:06:18 PM
Look at one of the latest Trios.
Electric/Flying
Flying
Ground/Flying.
So Water seems fitting to be alone.
I still want darkness to be part of the Hades horse though, even with Rob's working idea. Though we don't have to have it have Dark. Though I think it still should look dark (black), especially since we already have a fire horse (Ponyta/Rapidash)
Black horse, fire spewing everywhere, evil eyes, no horn.

FruitFlow

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 14, 2011, 11:15:41 PM
They look 95% the same, I consider them a trio.
(Though I guess trios never looked 95% the same, only duos, but regardless!)
The only difference to me with the 3 are the heads and tails. (Oh look a pun)
But other than that they do look pretty identical.
The colors are different too, but that's fairly obvious, lol.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

FruitFlow

Quote from: Cecil Harvey on April 14, 2011, 10:57:15 PM
How about:
Hades, Poseidon, Demeter - Zeus
Fire, Water, Grass - Flying
Also, what's funny is that they all have a 4x weakness to different typings. All of which Flying alone is weak to:

Fire/Flying - 4x Rock
Water/Flying - 4x Electric
Grass/Flying - 4x Ice

Not that it's bad or anything, but it is very funny.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

JrDude

What are you talking about? These ones aren't all flying types.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Design ideas for the pokemon we have down:

Fire: Starts as a baby Peachick similar to what kockmongler drew, but with wings. Also, open the eyes up.
Fire2: Make it bigger, longer neck , and a larger set of tailfeathers.
Fire3/Psychic: Full sized peacock with a full set of firey tailfeathers, with the psychic eyes opened wide. Elegant and intimidating at the same time.

Name?
Peacocks are of the Pavo genus. I don't know how to work with it.

Water: Small, happy, blue frog with black spots.
Water2: Slightly larger blue frog with a mischevious grin. The black spots are growing larger, signifying the darkness is taking over.
Water3/Dark: Larger frog, heavier. Now it's got a distinct look of intimidation, and the black spots have mostly taken over, blending the blue into purple.

Name?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrobates_azureus Wat

Electric: Gerbil or Hamster, probably hamster. It's fur is puffed out from static. It has those Pikachu/Emolga/Pachirisu eyes and is a light orange. Stands on two feet.
Electric2: Larger Hamster/Guinea pig. Looks playful.

FruitFlow

Oh, nevermind.
I thought the ending with the dash meant they were all dual Flying.
But Rob was using that for Zeus. XD

JrDude

Indeed. So, kinda like the Cloud Triplets Gen5, shall the trio have genders? (All auto-male, except grass which would be auto-female) They don't need genders, just asking.

Also, for some of the main legendaries?

This should also be based on something, either myths or something like Yin/Yang (except not, since the idea is kinda taken?)

And for that random Legendary, I was thinking something based off of the Kraken maybe? (I like Greek history quite a bit, though not THAT much) Dark/Water?
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 15, 2011, 12:31:56 AM
Indeed. So, kinda like the Cloud Triplets Gen5, shall the trio have genders? (All auto-male, except grass which would be auto-female) They don't need genders, just asking.

Also, for some of the main legendaries?

This should also be based on something, either myths or something like Yin/Yang (except not, since the idea is kinda taken?)

And for that random Legendary, I was thinking something based off of the Kraken maybe? (I like Greek history quite a bit, though not THAT much) Dark/Water?
I'd say Genderless.
I really don't think we need 3* Version exclusives. Dialga/Palkia/Giratina was a one shot thing. So let's only have two, like Lugia/Ho-Oh, Latios/Latias, and Thundurus/Tornadus.

JrDude

It's not that they're version exclusive, it's just the cover of "the third game" and possibly a Pokémon that has 2 different forms (the second form being for "the third game," while the regular form looks barely related to the first 2). Because, Giratina was available in all 3 games, just got a new form for it's own game. It was basically Rayquaza. (Thus making it, so far, a 2 time thing)

Also, can you have a link to chat on the first post?
[move][/move]
Dude .

FruitFlow

Hey Rob.
I have 2 sketches of the gerbil, but I'm going to redo them since I just came up with a much better image.
I'll post the sample tomorrow after school, and you can give me your opinion on it.

The Riddler

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 15, 2011, 12:41:23 AM
It's not that they're version exclusive, it's just the cover of "the third game" and possibly a Pokémon that has 2 different forms (the second form being for "the third game," while the regular form looks barely related to the first 2). Because, Giratina was available in all 3 games, just got a new form for it's own game. It was basically Rayquaza. (Thus making it, so far, a 2 time thing)

Also, can you have a link to chat on the first post?
I still don't like it. 9 Legendarys is alot for me. Meh.

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 15, 2011, 12:56:11 AM
1 less is better?
Much.
Gen 1 had 5.
Gen 2 had 6.
Gen 3 had 10. Too many.
Gen 4 had 15. Way too many.
Gen 5 had 12.  Way too many.

9 is too many.
8 is borderline.
7 would be preferable.

Trio and Leader
Version Exclusive x2
Cute secret.

No more are needed.

JrDude

Speaking in odd language.

We still need the Mew of this gen (Cute secret), the Mewtwo, And the Ho-oh/Lugia (Version exclusive x2)
So 8 is my minimum. I still prefer 9, but 8 will work. The Pegasus can be the "Third game" cover guy.

Now that I think about it, since this is the "NSFCD Dex" We should have one of the main legendaries be based off the leader of NSF, and the leader of FCD.
So me Silverhawk, can be some epic hawk with moves that cause masive breakage, and some guy from FCD (Who owned that?)
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 15, 2011, 01:05:44 AM
Speaking in odd language.

We still need the Mew of this gen (Cute secret), the Mewtwo, And the Ho-oh/Lugia (Version exclusive x2)
So 8 is my minimum. I still prefer 9, but 8 will work. The Pegasus can be the "Third game" cover guy.

Now that I think about it, since this is the "NSFCD Dex" We should have one of the main legendaries be based off the leader of NSF, and the leader of FCD.
So me Silverhawk, can be some epic hawk with moves that cause masive breakage, and some guy from FCD (Who owned that?)
"The Mewtwo" is unnecessary with the version exclusives. Ho-Oh and Lugia WERE the Mewtwo of Gen2.