News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

NSFCD Pokedex - Starter/Legendary Discussion

Started by The Riddler, April 08, 2011, 09:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

We'll see with other opinions other than our own.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Overdoing Legendaries is just killing the whole thing. Gens 3.4.5 were overkill.

I'm not opposed to a Steel/Flying Silverhawk.

JrDude

Not really, overdoing it is just overdoing it, it doesn't really change the epicness except there's just 1 or 12 more.
Like I said though, group effort, neither you nor me shall decide, but people will just say some things and others have to agree or disagree.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Steel/Flying Silverhawk
Description: A shiny silver hawk, with some spots on it's beak.
Movepool:
Take Down
Disable
Rage
Self-Destruct
Amnesia
Explosion
Scary Face
Outrage
Brick Break
Shadow Break
Slack Off
Iron Head
Techno Blast

...I can't think of any others.

JrDude

Frustration
Pay Day
Present
Confusion
Snarl
Perish Song
Substitute

Ability: IDK
DW Ability: Clear Body
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Okay, Gen III was not quite overdoing it -- it was borderline. A minor trio, as is tradition, a cover legendary trio, as what became tradition, and a duo, not counting the event exclusives. And you could only get 6 of them on one game: The three Golems, One of the Eon duo, Rayquaza, and the cover legendary from your game (unless you're playing Emerald)

It wasn't overdone until Gen IV when they threw in a bunch of extras you get after the Elite Four, like a second roamer (Cresselia), something that has no backstory whatsoever (Heatran), etc.

Also to clarify about Gen V... The genies are not the trio. They are A trio, but their meeting conditions are entirely different. The minor trio, what's in question here, is Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion. All three are found in three different places on three corners of the region, and are all caught at fairly low levels (below 50).

The genies work different. One per game, it roams, and there's a third that's more of a Trio master like Lugia but internally.

Also, why give the silver hawk Techo Blaster? It's already a signature move on something than can make use if it, if we gave it that move we'd imply that it has at least a few different forms.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: Chandelure on April 15, 2011, 03:48:05 AM
Okay, Gen III was not quite overdoing it -- it was borderline. A minor trio, as is tradition, a cover legendary trio, as what became tradition, and a duo, not counting the event exclusives. And you could only get 6 of them on one game: The three Golems, One of the Eon duo, Rayquaza, and the cover legendary from your game (unless you're playing Emerald)

It wasn't overdone until Gen IV when they threw in a bunch of extras you get after the Elite Four, like a second roamer (Cresselia), something that has no backstory whatsoever (Heatran), etc.

Also to clarify about Gen V... The genies are not the trio. They are A trio, but their meeting conditions are entirely different. The minor trio, what's in question here, is Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion. All three are found in three different places on three corners of the region, and are all caught at fairly low levels (below 50).

The genies work different. One per game, it roams, and there's a third that's more of a Trio master like Lugia but internally.

Also, why give the silver hawk Techo Blaster? It's already a signature move on something than can make use if it, if we gave it that move we'd imply that it has at least a few different forms.
I gave it to him because he likes Techno music?

FruitFlow

I'm still in school right now, but I just wanted to make a suggestion on Silver's ability.
If we're basing this off of his personality shouldn't one of his abilities be either Broken Armor or Klutz?
Everyone should know why.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

JrDude

I thought of things like that, but as a legendary I thought he should either get his own unique ability, or a more "I'm legendary" ability.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Ability: Super-Break
Description: Upon entering the battle, all of the opposing Pokemon's moves PP are reduced by 75%.

Nayrman

Ok, from what I gather we seem pretty good on the horse legendary trio? While I prefer my ghost idea, perhaps they could be the minor trio. Since we just got an America inspired region, perhaps our region could be European inspired, since we have the Greek horses and the European horror in the minor trio. I think that'll work nicely.

Kayo

You forgot Teeter Dance.

Also an ability could be Simple :3
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: Nayrman on April 15, 2011, 01:53:50 PM
Ok, from what I gather we seem pretty good on the horse legendary trio? While I prefer my ghost idea, perhaps they could be the minor trio. Since we just got an America inspired region, perhaps our region could be European inspired, since we have the Greek horses and the European horror in the minor trio. I think that'll work nicely.
No minor trio no minor trio no minor trio no minor trio no minor trio no minor trio no minor trio no minor trio no minor trio no minor trio no minor trio no minor trio

Cap the legendarys at 8, PLEASE.
We can still make your ghosts, just not legendarys.

PLEASE.
Trio+Leader
Cute Secret One
Version Exclusive x2
AND IF YOU MUST
One extra.

JrDude

Nayr, your trio can be similar to the monkeys? You know, they were basically a trio.

For all your other "legendary" ideas, we should just keep it for regular Pokémon. Kinda maybe like a Seviper vs. Zangoose type of thing?
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 15, 2011, 03:03:40 PM
Nayr, your trio can be similar to the monkeys? You know, they were basically a trio.

For all your other "legendary" ideas, we should just keep it for regular Pokémon. Kinda maybe like a Seviper vs. Zangoose type of thing?
YES. I LIKE THIS THOUGHT PROCESS.

Say #'s 67-69 are your Ghost Trio.
Ghost/Water, Ghost/Fire, Ghost/Flying, was it?