News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

NSFCD Pokedex - Starter/Legendary Discussion

Started by The Riddler, April 08, 2011, 09:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Ghost/Flying Bat, Ghost Wolf, and Ghost/Water Phantom Mist thing...

Kayo

Quote from: Cecil Harvey on April 15, 2011, 02:58:49 PM
No minor trio no minor trio no minor trio no minor trio no minor trio no minor trio no minor trio no minor trio no minor trio no minor trio no minor trio no minor trio

Cap the legendarys at 8, PLEASE.
We can still make your ghosts, just not legendarys.

PLEASE.
Trio+Leader
Cute Secret One
Version Exclusive x2
AND IF YOU MUST
One extra.
No minor trio? No, we ONLY need a minor trio. How many times do I- actually, let me explain better.

"Minor trios" are slightly less powerful than all other legendaries. They are often (Actually always) available before battling the Elite Four: All three of them. I'm talking about the birds, the Burned Tower beasts, the golems, the Lake Guardians, as well as the Fighting trio. That's what we're doing: no godlike appearances like Groudon or whatever.

Okay maybe Minor Trio is a weird name for it but this is what I mean.
OTHER trios include the cover legendary trios, like Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza or Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, as well as what-the-intercourse -are-they-doing trios like Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus.

Here's my idea for legendaries:
A "minor trio" i.e. what would be pre-Elite Four trio if this were a game.
A "cover legendary trio," in which two of them would be your "Version Exclusives" and the third would be like Rayquaza was.
Then:
A Minor Trio Master, MAYBE. This hasn't happened in the past, Trio Masters usually either come a generation or two later or have another role, wither by being one of the Cover Legends (Ho-Oh) or part of a trio itself (these trios being like the RSE trio, in which Rayquaza was internally the "master"). But if we want something leading the "Pre-E4 Trio" than maybe.
OR
An unobtainable event Pokemon: Like Mew, Celebi, Victini, etc. I wouldn't worry too much about this, but if we want to make one for fun then why not.
OR
Something extra, maybe having a completely separate backstory. I'd be partially against this idea. Mentioning it for the sake of arguments and having a third option just because, but I wouldn't go with this idea.

This would cap us at 7 legendaries, or 8 including the "event Pokemon" in addition to a Trio Master. I don't think we should make the Trio Master a member of the Cover Legend trio... it should be something separate. To me 7-8 is a comfortable amount. What do you guys think?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

The horse trio is the minor trio. These are basically the legendary birds/beasts/golems/fairythings/fighters of this dex.
The Silverhawk is part of the "Major trio" except without the trio part. It is the "cover Pokémon." Basically Ho-oh.
We still need the second "cover Pokémon," or Lugia, and since the first one was based off the leader of NSF, I was thinking the second should be based off the leader of FCD, whoever that was. Was it Vaatix?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

If our cover legendary is going to be a hawk it better be one fancy-ass hawk.

All I'm picturing is Skarmory which is technically neither silver nor a hawk (okay silver-COLORED but bleh)
...mixed with Braviary which is still not a hawk, it's an eagle.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Nothing has really been confirmed, mostly jokes to insult Silver has been discussed. They can all be implemented, sure, but an actual look hasn't been said.
It doesn't even have to be steel, it can be a giant hawk that's silver, but is Grass type. (Probably not, but I'm just saying). Rob just thought "Silver? STEEL IS SILVER LET'S MAKE HIM STEEL TYPE!" Which is an easy thing to do, but actually doesn't seem very "legendary-ish" to me.
Maybe Silver could decide his type?

After we discuss the second main legendary, we should get on chat and discuss the Grass starter animal, as there's 3 different things people want, and us arguing over it through slow pased posts was getting us nowhere. So was arguing over the 3 animal thing, and after it was discussed in chat a bit, we got a new good idea that works for everyone.

Also, link to chat in first post please.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

When I freaked about him saying Minor Trio, it was because I thought he was saying "Horse trio AND Ghost trio"
Also we should call them something more fancy. The Steed Trio? :3

As for Silverhawk: Steel makes the most sense personally, and it'd be nice. The hard part is figuring out the counter. A Silverhawk and... what? A Mackerel? (dohohoho)

JrDude

The jack-ass trio? Makes sense forum-wise.

3 jackasses were discussing trios, it got to 3, then a fourth girlier jackass got in the mix, and then one of the original 3 came to a good conclusion with a fourth.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: Cecil Harvey on April 15, 2011, 04:06:20 PM
When I freaked about him saying Minor Trio, it was because I thought he was saying "Horse trio AND Ghost trio"
Also we should call them something more fancy. The Steed Trio? :3

As for Silverhawk: Steel makes the most sense personally, and it'd be nice. The hard part is figuring out the counter. A Silverhawk and... what? A Mackerel? (dohohoho)
You know what? For God's sake

Let's make Mack into a Water/Fire mackerel thing. I'm a little more okay with the type since it's a "Cover Legendary" and well, Fire is strong against Steel so it counters.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Quote from: Chandelure on April 15, 2011, 04:11:39 PM

Let's make Mack into a Water/Fire mackerel thing. I'm a little more okay with the type since it's a "Cover Legendary" and well, Fire is strong against Steel so it counters.
Was he leader of FCD? 'Cause like I said, that's what I was going for when I thought of Silver being a legendary.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 15, 2011, 04:09:12 PM
The jack-ass trio? Makes sense forum-wise.

3 jackasses were discussing trios, it got to 3, then a fourth girlier jackass got in the mix, and then one of the original 3 came to a good conclusion with a fourth.
Jackasses are Donkeys. These are horses.

The Riddler

Quote from: Chandelure on April 15, 2011, 04:11:39 PM

BUT FIRE/WATER DOESN'T MAKE SENSE HURRDURRDURR

JrDude

True, but the legendary beasts are often called legendary dogs, even though 2 are cats (lion, sabre tooth tiger, and some blue thing)
Soooooooo...

Anyway, it was a joke. For some reason Legendary Steeds doesn't sound awesome enough (Neither does horses, but yeah). Is there another word for horse?

LEGENDARY STALLIONS?!
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 15, 2011, 04:15:12 PM
True, but the legendary beasts are often called legendary dogs, even though 2 are cats (lion, sabre tooth tiger, and some blue thing)
Soooooooo...

Anyway, it was a joke. For some reason Legendary Steeds doesn't sound awesome enough (Neither does horses, but yeah). Is there another word for horse?

LEGENDARY STALLIONS?!
Stallions works.

Someone suggested a moose for mack.

JrDude

Wait. The joke is Silver breaks things, and the continuation is Mack (or Vaatix in the past) fixes them.

What fixes things Hawks break? or ruin? or fight with + lose to?

Now that I think more of it, even though I'm not a Vaatix fanboy like a bit number of the forum, many people consider Vaatix to be a "legend" here, so should he be it instead?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Except no animal fits Vaatix in any way that will allow us to accurately represent him while making sure it actually can be recognized as Vaatix.
[move][/move]