News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

NSFCD Pokedex - Starter/Legendary Discussion

Started by The Riddler, April 08, 2011, 09:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 16, 2011, 06:44:33 PM
I would show up to chat if I knew what the link was.
Ugh.

Just to to irc.chatspike.net and type #nsfdex as the room if you aspire to join so badly.

I'm surprised not everyone knows about IRC chat, honestly.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Kayo

Hey thanks a lot Nayr. Your ghost Eeveelution aggravated Rob so much he threw ME out of working on this.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Your stupidity got me to kick you out of the chat.

You seriously tried arguing that Shedinja is comparable to something evolving into a ghost, and that a Ghost type is BETTER than a Flying type Eevee.
You tried arguing that a Normal Type evolving into a Ghost, aka a living pokemon evolving into a dead pokemon, is comparable to a BYPRODUCT of another pokemon.

Your stupidity never ceases to amaze me yet it angers me to no end.

Nayr has nothing to do with this.
However, Nayr. What the hell is with your obsession with Ghosts?

LASTLY:
We're not talking about past evolutions til we're done with starters and legendaries. Got it?

Kayo

Quote from: Cecil Harvey on April 16, 2011, 10:50:06 PM
Your stupidity got me to kick you out of the chat.

You seriously tried arguing that Shedinja is comparable to something evolving into a ghost, and that a Ghost type is BETTER than a Flying type Eevee.
You tried arguing that a Normal Type evolving into a Ghost, aka a living pokemon evolving into a dead pokemon, is comparable to a BYPRODUCT of another pokemon.

Your stupidity never ceases to amaze me yet it angers me to no end.

Nayr has nothing to do with this.
However, Nayr. What the hell is with your obsession with Ghosts?

LASTLY:
We're not talking about past evolutions til we're done with starters and legendaries. Got it?
Hey I know but no one gave me anything to work with on the starters and legends, since there's only one shot at each and you're all up in the air. It's best to get some things done NOW and let them sit, so we can use them when the time comes. Once you all agree on something, let me know and I'll design it. Until then, I have some near-complete ideas that only need to be physically sketched. And I'm not intercourse ing hurting anyone.

You have NO defense against a Ghost Eeveelution. What's your defense, maybe? Doesn't make sense? You're the one that ninnyed and whined that nothing had to make sense. That's why I brought up Shedinja. Suddenly a second life form splits from Nincada's DEAD exoskeleton? Now from this one pokemon, you have two. It doesn't make sense. I never said Nincada evolves into Shedinja. That wasn't my argument at all. Learn to figure out what I'm actually saying before you make a fool out of yourself. Kthx.
[move][/move]

JrDude

It's weird, you always insult someone to defend yourself, yet I never see it work. You always look like an idiot.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 16, 2011, 11:07:11 PM
It's weird, you always insult someone to defend yourself, yet I never see it work. You always look like an idiot.
I never insulted anyone there.
[move][/move]

JrDude

You call me an idiot
You say Rob's a fool

Find the insults win a $100 from Kaos!
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 16, 2011, 11:09:34 PM
You call me an idiot
You say Rob's a fool

Find the insults win a $100 from Kaos!
To be fair, I DID say "make a fool out of himself," which is not so much of an insult as a saying meaning he made an error in conversation. Got a problem with my word choice? I hate using the same cliches in my writing, so I like to change things around a bit. However, things can be misinterpreted. That has got to be the biggest flaw in my writing I'm unable to control. If only the English language was broad enough to handle what I couldn't put into words, I'd have a much easier time.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

I actually had a ground and flying type Eeveelution planned out, but we came up with Poison and Ghost instead.

And the ghost one makes sense, we're going for a pure ghost, it'll be white and called Wispeon. Secondly, what's WRONG with some ghosts? We have 150 spots or so left to come up with ideas. Besides, the last couple of pages I only see talk about what abilities Silver and Mack would have. At least I'm staying on topic and coming up with legitimate ideas.

The Riddler

Quote from: Nayrman on April 17, 2011, 06:52:22 AM
I actually had a ground and flying type Eeveelution planned out, but we came up with Poison and Ghost instead.

And the ghost one makes sense, we're going for a pure ghost, it'll be white and called Wispeon. Secondly, what's WRONG with some ghosts? We have 150 spots or so left to come up with ideas. Besides, the last couple of pages I only see talk about what abilities Silver and Mack would have. At least I'm staying on topic and coming up with legitimate ideas.
We're only working on Starters and Legendaries. Until they're done I'm uninterested in what comes between.

Furthermore, Flying/Rock/Ground Eevees would come before anything. Hell, I'd take Fighting , Bug, and Poison before Ghost.

JrDude

Note for the future: If a stone didn't work on a Pokémon before, it isn't going to work ever, even in this dex. So no suggestions for "DUSK STONE TURNS EEVEE GHOST" or something. (That was just an example)
Also, I've got a bunch of creative ideas for Eeveelutions, so don't end up discussing that without me.

Another thing, anyone else like that Mr. T idea for the grass lizard starter? No one really said anything about it, and we're not moving on to Eeveelutions or any other creative ideas without these starters and all these legendaries, as discussion on those can and most likely will take a while since legendaries are so important.

Though, I almost suggest we completely ignore Eeveelutions. I like them and want to work on them, but GameFreak is basically doing them every other gen. And though I like this, eventually GF is gonna show us more Eeveelutions (I assume) and I don't want our ideas overlaped by theirs (Like, maybe we make a ghost one, and they ALSO make a ghost one?) By then our Dex will probably be dead for whatever reason (since there's still a fresh gen out there), but still.

Lastly, I'm not gonna be on today for a while. May I ask you don't 100% confirm anything without me? =X
I know you can, I just don't want you to.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 17, 2011, 09:42:22 AM
Note for the future: If a stone didn't work on a Pokémon before, it isn't going to work ever, even in this dex. So no suggestions for "DUSK STONE TURNS EEVEE GHOST" or something. (That was just an example)
Also, I've got a bunch of creative ideas for Eeveelutions, so don't end up discussing that without me.
I'd like to invalidate that last point.

Mamoswine evolves from Piloswine if you level Piloswine up while it knows the move AncientPower.
Likewise, Lickilicky evolves from Lickitung when Lickitung levels up knowing Rollout.
Mamoswine and Lickilicky were introduced in the 4th gen, and the two moves have been available longer than that. Piloswine can learn AncientPower as early as Generation II, and Lickitung can learn Rollout that early as well. So what I'm saying is, the methods existed completely. So your saying "It isn't going to work ever" is wrong. It has happened before, twice. If you need me to elaborate on this I will, since I'm having a hard time explaining this the way I want to.

Quote from: Cecil Harvey on April 17, 2011, 08:38:39 AM
We're only working on Starters and Legendaries. Until they're done I'm uninterested in what comes between.

Furthermore, Flying/Rock/Ground Eevees would come before anything. Hell, I'd take Fighting , Bug, and Poison before Ghost.
First of all, you don't have to worry one bit about what I'm doing. I'm just using the Eeveelutions as a filler until I get a definite idea on what we want for the starters. When that happens, I'll shift my full attention to the starters.

Also, what's wrong with the Ghost eeveelution? YOU don't have to work on it at all. This is entirely my doing here, and if you need to put zero effort into it, you shouldn't be worried. It's an extra Pokémon, which we'll need a lot of to fill this Dex up.

That being said, I am cancelling all work on the Ghost Eeveelution. Frankly, I was a little shaky on the idea from the start. There was no way for Eevee to evolve into it at all. The only reason I thought about it was, well, as far as appearance I had a lot of ideas. I thought, "Why not make this into something for the time being? Maybe eventually once I complete it it will be accepted." Sadly though, I'm getting enough criticism on it, and even I myself wasn't fully supporting of the idea.

However, as it stands, I am continuing work on the Poison Eeveelution. I have so far named it Toxeon (From Toxic or Toxin and -eon). Mind you, this is a working title, just so I could refer to it as something other than "The Poison Eeveelution." The name can be changed in the future, since frankly it doesn't have as nice of a ring as some of the existing Eeveelutions' names.

Also, instead of the Ghost Eeveelution I will be designing prototype sketches for a Bug Eeveelution (Working title: Insecteon) and a Steel Eeveelution (Working title: Steeleon). The latter may be scrapped in favor of a Rock Eeveelution (Working title: Rockeon) or a Ground Eeveelution (Working title: Sandeon). I do not have a single idea for Sandeon, so suggestions are greatly appreciated. Rockeon I only have a few, so I could use those too. Hell, anything but Toxeon I need help on. Toxeon I'd like to present a sketch before you guys critique it, if you don't mind. Then I can tweak it.

Finally, I do hope you'll all use my working titles. I know they suck, but it's a much shorter way of referring to things, to be quite honest.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

For the last time: We don't give a intercourse  about Eevees right now.
We've given ideas for every Pokemon thus far.

Grass starter can be a combination of Frilled/Mohawk lizard that eventually becomes based on Mr. T.
Fire starter starts as a chick, grows larger and more Peacock like with a blazing tailfeather set and eyes in the feathers.
Water starter is a frog with black spots (maybe just a single black spot) that as it evolves, it grows larger and the black spots take over representing darkness.

The Electric Gerbil will be oragne, adorable, with Pikachu/Pachirisu/Emolga eyes, fur puffed out from static, and a long tail. Maybe whiskers shaped like lightning bolts.

Trio:
Fire Horse will be black with flames spewing from the body and evil/red eyes. Should look masculine.
Water horse will be based on the hippocamp, but instead of a tailfin I suggest putting a trident.
Grass horse will be more elegant, and will have flowers, vines, and/or fruits/veggies coming from it's body. Should look feminine.

Trio Leader:
Based on Pegasus. No real interest in it otherwise. White horse with wings.

Silverhawk:
If you can't figure this one out, you're retarded.

Kayo

We're going with a Trio Leader? Alright, I'm okay with this I guess.

Alright, the Electric Gerbil is getting no attention from me. You said not to focus on anything other than Starters and Legendaries, and this is neither. If you'd like me to put thought in it, I will. Just say so.

As far as Silverhawk, I'd like people to contribute more features other than the fact that it's silver.. and a hawk. It's gotta be more unique than that, so I'll lower its priority until I get a little more on it.

EDIT: One more thing. You want the grass horse to be flowery and feminine? That's exactly what the Grass deer-thing of the Musketeer Trio is like. It's the grass type, also it appears to be openly gay and feminine. I don't know if you've noticed the heavy similarity here, but I have. But you're also suggesting extras like vines, so if you're okay with this, I am. It just seems like a hint of unoriginality.

Also Rob, any comments on my last post, about the Eeveelutions?
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: Chandelure on April 17, 2011, 04:05:25 PM
We're going with a Trio Leader? Alright, I'm okay with this I guess.

Alright, the Electric Gerbil is getting no attention from me. You said not to focus on anything other than Starters and Legendaries, and this is neither. If you'd like me to put thought in it, I will. Just say so.

As far as Silverhawk, I'd like people to contribute more features other than the fact that it's silver.. and a hawk. It's gotta be more unique than that, so I'll lower its priority until I get a little more on it.

Also Rob, any comments on my last post, about the Eeveelutions?
Gerbil is the "New Pikachu" and thus is just as important as the others so as far as I'm concerned it's ok to work on it.
I didn't read the Eevee stuff because I told you, I'm uninterested in it right now.