News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

NSFCD Pokedex - Starter/Legendary Discussion

Started by The Riddler, April 08, 2011, 09:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Ok, forget this project then. This is getting more annoying than it's worth. Have fun guys.

Kayo

Quote from: Cecil Harvey on April 17, 2011, 04:07:07 PM
Gerbil is the "New Pikachu" and thus is just as important as the others so as far as I'm concerned it's ok to work on it.
I didn't read the Eevee stuff because I told you, I'm uninterested in it right now.
I also edited that post you quoted with an extra point on the Grass legendary, and you don't appear to have seen it since you posted right as I finished the edit.

Also if you won't look at my post, others will. But here's a tl;dr you should read.
Ghost Eeveelution is cancelled.
Sticking with Poison.
Working on prototypes for Bug, Steel, Rock, and Ground.
I don't expect all four of those to succeed.

With that, you can put Eeveelutions at the back of your mind, but just so you know, they're there.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Kayo

Quote from: Nayrman on April 17, 2011, 04:09:28 PM
Ok, forget this project then. This is getting more annoying than it's worth. Have fun guys.
Just because we can't find a place for all your Ghosts, you're leaving. Your choice.

In Nayr's defense though, Ghost is the least common of all 17 Pokémon types, with fewer Ghosts than any other type. So this may be why he wanted more, though where he was putting them wasn't the best possible place for them.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

It's not the ghost thing, it's that this is nothing more than a bunch of people bickering, and nothing is getting done. I don't feel like wasting my time with this anymore. I thought it was a interesting idea at first if we could do this like GF does it, come up with ideas, pokemon and types and whittle it down and such. But no, it's a ninny-fest most of the time and we can't agree on anything. Sorry, but this is just getting frustrating.

Kayo

Quote from: Nayrman on April 17, 2011, 04:15:09 PM
It's not the ghost thing, it's that this is nothing more than a bunch of people bickering, and nothing is getting done. I don't feel like wasting my time with this anymore. I thought it was a interesting idea at first if we could do this like GF does it, come up with ideas, pokemon and types and whittle it down and such. But no, it's a ninny-fest most of the time and we can't agree on anything. Sorry, but this is just getting frustrating.
Well, as you know, I'm incredibly passionate about doing this, so I'm going to have to agree with you. I wish Rob wasn't treating me the way he is, because all he's doing is blocking the ever-important flow of ideas and slowing production. I'm not even allowed in the chatroom on this thing.

So if you guys want to exchange ideas with me so I can draw them, hit me up in #LavenderTown.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

Perhaps we should make a dex without Rob...

Kayo

Quote from: Nayrman on April 17, 2011, 04:20:19 PM
Perhaps we should make a dex without Rob...
I'd gladly take over the responsibility, and allow all ideas to be considered. However, if I did, I'd be afraid of Rob just taking all our ideas for himself or something stupid like that. I just wish he wouldn't be so hard about this.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

Doesn't matter what Rob does if we start our own. We'd be doing it for our own project, amusement, creative exercise, etc. If we do I'm taking my frog and Peacock ideas with me.

Kayo

Quote from: Nayrman on April 17, 2011, 04:25:35 PM
Doesn't matter what Rob does if we start our own. We'd be doing it for our own project, amusement, creative exercise, etc. If we do I'm taking my frog and Peacock ideas with me.
I'm taking my drawings.

But really I don't want to start a Battle of the Dexes or anything. It's a cool project, just I wish it could have been under a more impartial host. I hope Rob lightens up a little. This is supposed to be fun,
[move][/move]

Nayrman

I know it's supposed to be fun. if my ghost trio doesn't get used, no big deal. It's not like we're making a real pokemon game. I just like my ideas best. I just like coming up with my own pokemon ideas. geh...

Kayo

Quote from: Nayrman on April 17, 2011, 04:29:54 PM
I know it's supposed to be fun. if my ghost trio doesn't get used, no big deal. It's not like we're making a real pokemon game. I just like my ideas best. I just like coming up with my own pokemon ideas. geh...
To be honest, I didn't like your idea of a shared-type trio. No one did. Cool, maybe. The single type though ruined it.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

Funny, Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres has a shared flying type. The not-mews were all psychic, and the beasts of Gen 5 all have fighting. :|

The Riddler

I'm trying to keep it organized and you g uys keep going off on tangents of other poop.

Starters and Legendarys first. That's all I'm asking.

Also, I liked the idea of a shared type trio, just not the Ghost trio. Didn't feel right. I wanted the Water trio, remember?

All of these other ideas can still be used. Just not now. We've got our starters and legendarys almost done, the others can be the Pokemon in the middle. Why is that a big deal?

The reason I'm nasty with Kock is because of the way he argues poop. The irrelevancy he adds into every argument annoys me to no end. I love debating poop, but I cannot stand stupidity.

Remember I wanted a Triceratops/Platypus/Frilled Lizard starter set and a Aquarian Trio? Hmm.. how many of those ideas are being used.... None. The Platypus will be put into the dex somewhere in the middle. I'm not whining and moaning about it like you guys are.

All I ask is to stick to the agenda: Starters and Legendarys. Once we get past that, it's basically open to anything.

Kayo

Quote from: Cecil Harvey on April 17, 2011, 04:59:05 PM
I'm trying to keep it organized and you g uys keep going off on tangents of other poop.

Starters and Legendarys first. That's all I'm asking.

Also, I liked the idea of a shared type trio, just not the Ghost trio. Didn't feel right. I wanted the Water trio, remember?

All of these other ideas can still be used. Just not now. We've got our starters and legendarys almost done, the others can be the Pokemon in the middle. Why is that a big deal?

The reason I'm nasty with Kock is because of the way he argues poop. The irrelevancy he adds into every argument annoys me to no end. I love debating poop, but I cannot stand stupidity.

Remember I wanted a Triceratops/Platypus/Frilled Lizard starter set and a Aquarian Trio? Hmm.. how many of those ideas are being used.... None. The Platypus will be put into the dex somewhere in the middle. I'm not whining and moaning about it like you guys are.

All I ask is to stick to the agenda: Starters and Legendarys. Once we get past that, it's basically open to anything.
No, you won't accept any idea I give you. Sure the Ghost Eeveelution was pushing it, but still, you haven't listen to anything I've said. And funny, all my points have been relevant, yet you just twisted them into something different. Never assume you know what I'm going to say, because you'll be wrong. That's my warning to you.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: Chandelure on April 17, 2011, 05:02:48 PM
No, you won't accept any idea I give you. Sure the Ghost Eeveelution was pushing it, but still, you haven't listen to anything I've said. And funny, all my points have been relevant, yet you just twisted them into something different. Never assume you know what I'm going to say, because you'll be wrong. That's my warning to you.
I don't give a intercourse  about your other ideas because all they are are non-starters/legendarys, and I'm not sure why what I'm asking is so impossible to grasp.

"Fire/Water makes no sense." - It's Pokemon, for starters. Remoraid and Octillery can use Fireblast and all fire Pokemon can fight in the Water, even Charmander who would die if his tail flame were to go out.

"A normal pokemon can't evolve into a Ghost pokemon? Well then how does Shedinja come from Nincada?" The stupidity in this statement literally makes me angry. Shedinja is not an evolution of Nincada, it's a byproduct. Anything beyond that, i.e. "HOW DOES A SHELL BECOME A GHOST" has nothing to do with the fact that it's not a Pokemon becoming a Ghost. I don't really care if an Eevee becomes a Ghost Eevee. However, a Flying/Rock/Ground Eevee should come before it.

Everything you say is irrelevant to the point being made. It annoys me that a person can be THAT stupid, whether it's in relation to this project or not.