News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

NSFCD Pokedex - Starter/Legendary Discussion

Started by The Riddler, April 08, 2011, 09:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

I don't really like it, unless you put Moose antlers on the humanpart, which still would look weird opposing a hawk. I think a straight up moose would be fine.

We have four fighting Quadrupeds in Gen5. We can keep him a moose and make him fighting. I'm just not really big on him being a fighting anything.

The Riddler

Dead discussion?

We still need ideas for Mack.

We also need the Secret Legendary.
I'm not even sure where to begin on this one.

Kayo

Quote from: Riddler_Robin on April 20, 2011, 03:47:16 PM
Dead discussion?

We still need ideas for Mack.

We also need the Secret Legendary.
I'm not even sure where to begin on this one.
Honestly? I don't think we should work on the secret legendary just yet. Working on them all at once makes it feel like we're rushing them.

I think we should get at least basic forms for a generic bird, a generic normal type, and maybe a generic water-type (a fish or something) before we do the "secret" legendary. Working on just legendaries is getting a little boring.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: Kondor on April 20, 2011, 03:50:05 PM
Honestly? I don't think we should work on the secret legendary just yet. Working on them all at once makes it feel like we're rushing them.

I think we should get at least basic forms for a generic bird, a generic normal type, and maybe a generic water-type (a fish or something) before we do the "secret" legendary. Working on just legendaries is getting a little boring.
Work on the starters then. I want a solid idea down for the legendaries before we move on.

Then the next subject will be past evos/prevos.

Kayo

Quote from: Riddler_Robin on April 20, 2011, 03:52:26 PM
Work on the starters then. I want a solid idea down for the legendaries before we move on.

Then the next subject will be past evos/prevos.
....okay why? We REALLY should get more original ideas going before we do those. And let's not overdo it like GF did with Gen IV. Those were WAY TOO MANY evos.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: Kondor on April 20, 2011, 04:00:26 PM
....okay why? We REALLY should get more original ideas going before we do those. And let's not overdo it like GF did with Gen IV. Those were WAY TOO MANY evos.
Why not? I wanna get the tough stuff out of the way before we move to the easy stuff. Starters, Legendaries, Past Prevos/Evos.  And the latter will be tough cause there are so many to choose from.

I think 2 from each generation for a total of 10.
And I will not budge on Farfetch'd. :3

Kayo

Quote from: Riddler_Robin on April 20, 2011, 04:02:21 PM
Why not? I wanna get the tough stuff out of the way before we move to the easy stuff. Starters, Legendaries, Past Prevos/Evos.  And the latter will be tough cause there are so many to choose from.

I think 2 from each generation for a total of 10.
And I will not budge on Farfetch'd. :3
TEN evos? Fuck? No. We don't need to do a by-generation basis. Gen I's been evolved to death by Gen IV, Gen II we should hit at least a few things from there, Gen III needs help, and Gen IV sucked so much I don't think we should even touch it.

We don't need ten. Maybe 4-6, not counting Eeveelutions, but even that's a stretch.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: Kondor on April 20, 2011, 04:04:37 PM
TEN evos? Fuck? No. We don't need to do a by-generation basis. Gen I's been evolved to death by Gen IV, Gen II we should hit at least a few things from there, Gen III needs help, and Gen IV sucked so much I don't think we should even touch it.

We don't need ten. Maybe 4-6, not counting Eeveelutions, but even that's a stretch.
Eevee definitely doesn't count.

Let's do the math.

We've got 3 starters x 3 = 9.
New Pikachu and evo = 11
Trio = 14
Trio Lead = 15
Silver/Mack = 17
Supersecretcutie = 18

How many do you think we should cap at? If we do 150, we still need 132 ideas. 10 of those won't kill it. Plenty of room for originals.

Kayo

Quote from: Riddler_Robin on April 20, 2011, 04:06:51 PM
Eevee definitely doesn't count.

Let's do the math.

We've got 3 starters x 3 = 9.
New Pikachu and evo = 11
Trio = 14
Trio Lead = 15
Silver/Mack = 17
Supersecretcutie = 18

How many do you think we should cap at? If we do 150, we still need 132 ideas. 10 of those won't kill it. Plenty of room for originals.
If you want to rape them like Gen IV did, okay, but let's only start with one or two (besides Eeveelutions).. i want to get to the original ideas.
[move][/move]

JrDude

I'm fine with 2 evos/prevos from each gen.

But it is a good idea to get general ideas down for all the legendaries. Because if we want a specific animal, and the animal has already been used on a non-legendary, it looks weird.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 20, 2011, 05:13:14 PM
I'm fine with 2 evos/prevos from each gen.

But it is a good idea to get general ideas down for all the legendaries. Because if we want a specific animal, and the animal has already been used on a non-legendary, it looks weird.
General ideas? Sure. No major focus on details or anything, though. That way we can come back later with better ideas. If we finish them early, people have a tendency to consider them "done" and not think of any way to improve them, but if we leave them as mostly-clean slates for now people will be constantly thinking in the back of their mind ways to make them as good as possible.

That was quite the run-on, but you get my point hopefully.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Let's see... for the cutie floatie legendary.
We've had:
Ancestor of all Poké (Mew)
Time traveler (Celebi)
Wish Maker (Jirachi)
"Prince" of the sea (Manaphy)
And pop singer that controls feelings (Meloetta) and/or Lucky charm, always win with this Pokémon in hand (Victini)

All of them have a special role or can do something no other Pokémon can do.
Though a lot of other legendaries share this characteristic, we haven't really been thinking about that for any legendary yet. This would be a good first. Then the second can be the "Mewtwo" which can have the characteristic, just a different one than our cutie floatie.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 20, 2011, 05:26:14 PM
We've had:
Time traveler (Celebi)
Wish Maker (Jirachi)
And pop singer that controls feelings (Meloetta) and/or Lucky charm, always win with this Pokémon in hand (Victini)

Though a lot of other legendaries share this characteristic, we haven't really been thinking about that for any legendary yet. This would be a good first. Then the second can be the "Mewtwo" which can have the characteristic, just a different one than our cutie floatie.
Meloetta isn't considered one since well, for one it doesn't share the trademark base 100 stats.

But you all seem to have forgotten to mention Shaymin.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Quote from: Kondor on April 20, 2011, 05:29:28 PM
Meloetta isn't considered one since well, for one it doesn't share the trademark base 100 stats.

But you all seem to have forgotten to mention Shaymin.
Shaymin doesn't float. It doesn't look like it fits so it doesn't.
Meloetta is considered in my book due to the fact that it floats like the rest do, but many consider Victini one so I considered it as well.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 20, 2011, 05:26:14 PM
We've had:
Time traveler (Celebi)
Wish Maker (Jirachi)

I wouldn't consider Maeoletta (however you spell it) one of the secret cute ones. If you do that, you gotta consider Shaymin one. I'd say Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, Victini.

For some reason, I'm thinking some kind of dog. Mew is a cat. It's intercourse ing adorable. Why not a Chihuahua or something? :3