News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

NSFCD Pokedex - Starter/Legendary Discussion

Started by The Riddler, April 08, 2011, 09:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 20, 2011, 05:31:14 PM
Shaymin doesn't float. It doesn't look like it fits so it doesn't.
Meloetta is considered in my book due to the fact that it floats like the rest do, but many consider Victini one so I considered it as well.
Victini doesn't float. Logic flaw, sir.

Don't even say it can fly with its tail-wing-things (I don't know if it can or not, actually) because Shaymin has an alt form that's a Flying-TYPE. Point is, judging not on appearance alone, it's an event-only legendary Pokémon of a very small size with base 100 stats across the board. It fits.
Quote from: Riddler_Robin on April 20, 2011, 05:35:47 PM
I wouldn't consider Maeoletta (however you spell it) one of the secret cute ones. If you do that, you gotta consider Shaymin one. I'd say Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, Victini.

For some reason, I'm thinking some kind of dog. Mew is a cat. It's intercourse ing adorable. Why not a Chihuahua or something? :3
While Mew is apparently a cat, it's also resembles a baby or a fetus. We definitely need to mix a dog with something else if we do that.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: Kondor on April 20, 2011, 06:19:22 PM
While Mew is apparently a cat, it's also resembles a baby or a fetus.
You only get your information from Bulbapedia, don't you?

Kayo

Quote from: Riddler_Robin on April 20, 2011, 07:35:46 PM
You only get your information from Bulbapedia, don't you?
Scratch this, look at its emerald sprite (took me some digging with google to find an animated one)

It can't be just me, this thing screamed BABY. No way it's 100% cat.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: Kondor on April 20, 2011, 07:40:03 PM
No, I looked at its Gen 3 sprites and the fact that it sort of lied in the fetal position. It's clearly not all cat, and it just screamed BABY to me.
It's got cat and rabbit features. To think it looks like a baby is ridiculous imo. You better think the Duosion line looks like a baby.

Kayo

Quote from: Riddler_Robin on April 20, 2011, 07:42:13 PM
It's got cat and rabbit features. To think it looks like a baby is ridiculous imo. You better think the Duosion line looks like a baby.
Fixed my post. Duosion, etc is a fetus. It legitimately played out the "fetus development" idea as much as possible, though Mew always looked like a baby. Whatever it is, it's not entirely a cat/rabbit.

There's no way I'm the only one that sees this.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Quote from: Kondor on April 20, 2011, 06:19:22 PM
Victini doesn't float. Logic flaw, sir.
Reading flaw sir.
I said many consider Victini one of them, which is why I included it. I don't really consider it one because it doesn't float, but since many do, I considered it in the post. Understand?

Also, I never considered Mew a baby. Just cute, and when it does baby things, it's just cute, since many people who see something cute treat is as a baby. When Mew does that rock back and fourth thing, it looks similar to my cat when I hold it like a baby.
Also, I don't even see the rabbit features. And I never see it as a Cat either to be honest. I just see it as a Mew. It was introduced to me at a young age, so I see it as it's own unique animal. A Mew.

And fine, let's just throw the dog idea away for now. It was an idea used for Rob's logic, let's discuss other things it could be, and maybe go back to Rob's dog idea after more ideas are discussed. This worked once, why isn't this strategy being used more?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 20, 2011, 09:33:47 PM
Reading flaw sir.
I said many consider Victini one of them, which is why I included it. I don't really consider it one because it doesn't float, but since many do, I considered it in the post. Understand?

Also, I never considered Mew a baby. Just cute, and when it does baby things, it's just cute, since many people who see something cute treat is as a baby. When Mew does that rock back and fourth thing, it looks similar to my cat when I hold it like a baby.
Also, I don't even see the rabbit features. And I never see it as a Cat either to be honest. I just see it as a Mew. It was introduced to me at a young age, so I see it as it's own unique animal. A Mew.

And fine, let's just throw the dog idea away for now. It was an idea used for Rob's logic, let's discuss other things it could be, and maybe go back to Rob's dog idea after more ideas are discussed. This worked once, why isn't this strategy being used more?
The ONLY rabbit feature is the long feet, I guess. But it still screams lil' pink fetus to me.

Also the Small, cute legendaries don't have to float. To be literal, none do (They all can be hit by ground attacks in-game), but really, the fact that some of them float was pure coincidence. And due to the fact that the majority have been Psychic, which are said to be able to float with Psychic powers or something. Plus, they've even shown Mew and Jirachi standing firmly on the ground, so yeah. We shouldn't do ANOTHER Psychic legendary, so probably no floating. Unless we want yet another psychic legend. But yeah, what I'm trying to say is floating = coincidence. When GameFreak had the legendary idea that gave them Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin, Manaphy I GUESS (though the method of obtaining is completely different), and Victini, the fact that the first three gens had them float was pure coincidence. I don't consider Manaphy when I think this, since the obtaining method is so different. I.e. it's easy to get provided you buy the spin-offs. The others have either been unobtainable or required an event.

But I digress.
[move][/move]

JrDude

You just don't understand MY views. Your views. Whoop. Congrats. You have them.
MY VIEWS.
It's small
It's cute
It's sprite floats/floats on 3D games (EX: Revolution)

That's the Pokémon I'm trying to think of. You can change it and think of anything else you want, but for my standards, all it has to do is meet the qualifications I just mentioned, and we got it.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 20, 2011, 11:02:45 PM
You just don't understand MY views. Your views. Whoop. Congrats. You have them.
MY VIEWS.
It's small
It's cute
It's sprite floats/floats on 3D games (EX: Revolution)

That's the Pokémon I'm trying to think of. You can change it and think of anything else you want, but for my standards, all it has to do is meet the qualifications I just mentioned, and we got it.
But what you're saying is it HAS to float. It really doesn't. It might, but it's not REQUIRED to do so in order to fit the pattern.

Also here's a suggestion on the evolutions: saying this now just so I don't forget.
How about a Qwilfish evolution? Here's why:
~Qwilfish has always been a version-exclusive counterpart to Remoraid.
~Remoraid evolves into Octillery, but Qwilfish has no evolution.
~It's stats are a bit low for a Pokémon that can't evolve.
~Look at it. It's tiny, and it really looks like it could use the ability to evolve into something bigger.

Just a suggestion. Don't know how we could do it, but I think the poor little ugly blowfish deserves an evolution.

Alright, just wanted to say that so I could get it down without forgetting, and be able to refer back to this post when the time comes.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Yo K. You've been saying you were gonna draw for a long ass time now, yet I've only seen those 2 drawing you did forever ago. When are we gonna see some more? or has "tomorrow" not come yet? (You've said "I'll draw some tomorrow" several times if I'm not mistaken)
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 22, 2011, 04:00:36 PM
Yo K. You've been saying you were gonna draw for a long ass time now, yet I've only seen those 2 drawing you did forever ago. When are we gonna see some more? or has "tomorrow" not come yet? (You've said "I'll draw some tomorrow" several times if I'm not mistaken)
If you don't mind, a few things have come up (unforeseen circumstances) and I'll get the drawings to you as soon as I can. Have patience, I've been going through something the past few days that I'd rather not get into.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Quote from: Kondor on April 22, 2011, 04:06:28 PM
If you don't mind, a few things have come up (unforeseen circumstances) and I'll get the drawings to you as soon as I can. Have patience, I've been going through something the past few days that I'd rather not get into.
I have patience, I just didn't know. If I didn't have patience, I would have called you out the second day from the first time you said it.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Let's get a pool of suggestions of past pokemon that need evos/prevos. We'll ultimately take two from each generation, not including Eevees.
I'm gonna list three suggestions myself, but only the top two are my real choices.

Mine are:
Gen 1:
Farfetch'd - WILL. NOT. BUDGE ON THIS ONE. - Evolution
Kangaskhan - Preevolution (my god that baby needs to come out of the pouch.)
Pinsir - Evolution

Gen 2:
Dunsparce - Evolution
Qwilfish - Evolution Like K said, it's a tad too weak.
Corsola - Evolution

Gen 3:
None. I don't really care here.

Gen 4:
There aren't any single-line worth it, and I'm too lazy to look up other Pokemon.

Gen 5:
Audino - Evolution - Let's get a Blissey-like Audino.
Basculin - Two evolutions, based on it's color.

That's all from me.

Kayo

Quote from: Riddler_Robin on April 23, 2011, 11:49:47 AM
Let's get a pool of suggestions of past pokemon that need evos/prevos. We'll ultimately take two from each generation, not including Eevees.
I'm gonna list three suggestions myself, but only the top two are my real choices.

Mine are:
Gen 1:
Farfetch'd - WILL. NOT. BUDGE ON THIS ONE. - Evolution
Kangaskhan - Preevolution (my god that baby needs to come out of the pouch.)
Pinsir - Evolution

Gen 2:
Dunsparce - Evolution
Qwilfish - Evolution Like K said, it's a tad too weak.
Corsola - Evolution

Gen 3:
None. I don't really care here.

Gen 4:
There aren't any single-line worth it, and I'm too lazy to look up other Pokemon.

Gen 5:
Audino - Evolution - Let's get a Blissey-like Audino.
Basculin - Two evolutions, based on it's color.

That's all from me.

My opinions?
[spoiler=Some agreement here]Farfetch'd - Yeah okay, I'll bite. What should it be holding, a tree? I think we should be keeping the stick concept, but have it hold something more intimidating.
Kangaskhan- My only objection to this is, the baby is present IN the mother. My suggestion now is this: The prevo should be BIGGER than the baby in the pouch. like, in between the baby and the mother. This way it doesn't seem like it just spawns a huge kangaroo upon evolution. Does anyone else know what I'm saying here?

Dunsparce- Yes please, I've seen people supporting this since Oldsider.
Qwilfish- Can we get more people on this? I'd say one more agreement and it's decided here.
Corsola- Ehh, it IS weak, but I'm not so sure. A ton of things in Gen II need evolutions, but I'm not sure this one screams out above the re- wait no, everything else (Murkrow, etc) GOT evolutions already, which I forgot about. I'm okay with this.

Gen 3- Tons of things here need them, but I really don't want to mess with the designs here. I loved Gen III's designs, and I don't think we should try to play around with them too much. BUT, Gen III had more non-evolving Pokemon than ANY other generation, when you remove everything that got an evolution in a later Gen. A lot of gimmicks, but I strongly suggest we do an evolution of TORKOAL.

Gen 4- I hoped to avoid this generation also. What didn't evolve? Pachirisu, Chatot, Spiritomb, Carnivine, Rotom, and I guess you can include Phione. None of these should get an evolution, unless we want to do Pachirisu. :/

Audino- Eh, it'll take some work, but we can do it.
Basculin- No thanks. Basculin was made to be a gimmick, taking advantage of a new feature. Plusle and Minun were another. Therefore Basculin isn't something we should pick.
What do we do from here? Emolga? I'm still strongly against Basculin. Strongly. We shouldn't evolve gimmicks.[/spoiler]

When we look at it, there isn't much left that doesn't evolve. There's gimmicks, for one. But beyond them, we really don't need to make EVERY pokemon evolve.
Except I haven't looked at the things that only evolve once. And as such I didn't include them in the above. If anyone thinks of any of these, let me know.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Either replacing or adding on to the suggestions you guys already have. Could even be both.

[spoiler=My Ideas:]
Gen 1:
Baby Kanga - If Kangaskhan gets a prevo, I was thinking the prevo could evolve into a new Pokémon if it's male.

Gen 2:
Girafarig - It's a giraffe, but it's neck isn't tall. I also like the back end, which could be something epic.
Octillery - A Kraken type thing. Water/Dark

Gen 3:
Sableye - I think this thing could turn epic if done right. A bunch of gems in it's back, it's eyes bigger diamonds.
Mawile - The idea of Mawile is awesome, maybe make it even better with an evo? (When female) It looks like a beautiful woman. It lures men in, and walks away, then when they catch up it BITES THEIR FREAKIN' HEADS OFF WITH IT'S HAIR.

Gen 4:
Cherrim - It changes when there's sunshine. For some reason this makes me want to make an evo that does the same, except looks awesome in some way when in sunshine.

Gen 5:
Druddigon - Prevo? IDK, for some reason he looks like he would have a cool prevo.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=My thoughts on your ideas:]
Gen 1:
Farfetch'd - A long stick that looks similar to a spear? Actually. K's tree idea gave me an idea that probably won't be liked, but I kinda like. Fly/Fighting. (You know, like the Timburr family, if he's holding a tree, he must be strong)
Kangaskhan - FINE FINE. It should look a bit different than the one in the pouch though. Needs some weird incense to make it.
Pinsir - Some epic giant beetle that's part steel comes to mind. Bug/Steel?

Gen 2:
Dunsparce - It digs, so part ground? Normal/Ground? or stay pure Normal?
Qwilfish - ... Just a bigger puffer fish? Sure?
Corsola - ... A giant coral reef Pokémon? Why not?

Gen 3:
Torkal - This can turn into an epic fire turtle.

Gen 4:

Gen 5:
Audino - Works for me. Audino seemed too underused anyway.
Basculin - Could work. Blue one based on some type of stat while Red is based on another? Not too fond of the idea, but it could be something pretty cool.[/spoiler]
[move][/move]
Dude .