Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

NSFCD Pokedex - Starter/Legendary Discussion

Started by The Riddler, April 08, 2011, 09:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: Riddler_Robin on April 24, 2011, 04:19:50 PM
Too complex?
Evolves while holding item and having an empty space in the party.

OH SO COMPLEX.

>We shouldn't throw stupd items and such in - - - Stupid 10 year old fandex

Every generation introduces new methods of evolving and items to evolve with.

Gen1 - All of the evolution stones.
Gen2 - Dragon Scale, Kings Rock, Metal Coat, Up-Grade
Gen 3 - DeepSeaScale/Tooth
Gen 4 - Dubious Disc, Electrizer, Magmarizer, Protector, Reaper Cloth, Razor Claw, Oval Stone, Razor Fang
Gen 5 - Prism Scale

Sure, most of these are trade items, but that's irrelevant. They're different evolution methods all relating to items.

One item-based idea to make something that needs to be done isn't stupid.

The idea of Kangaskhan of a mother letting her child go is ace, none of you can deny that.

Kangaskhan
>Evolves into Babyless Kangaskhan when leveling up while holding an item.
>Baby Kangaskhan is produced in empty party slot.

It's not complex at all. It's not even new. It just combines two previous Pokemon methods. RazorClaw/Fang/Oval Stone + Level-Up and Nincada.

Ideas for names would also work around these:
Kangaskhan = Genghis Kahn
Other important Kahns:
Ogedei
Guyuk
Mongke

Complex? I'm talking about Jr's "Leave it ALONE in the daycare and you get alternate forms and poop" thing. THAT's complex. Never said anything about the items being too complex. Just don't make the items... stupid. I've seen some fandexes where they throw 30 items in like "Kanga Stone" or something dumb like that. I'm just saying, be careful. Make sure the item makes sense, and has an in-game effect other than evolution (Everything so far as an effect other than the trade item Dragon Scale.)

The only thing I'm saying is, when people make fandexes, all the items sound plain stupid. Ever seen some? Doesn't look like you've seen one's I've seen. Just don't add an item called " Ultra Matrix Claw of the Beyondness" and we'll be alright. Okay I'm exaggerating. I just don't like the idea of adding too many items. Maybe an incense would be the way to go here. Easy to do, and if we make an Incense it can't POSSIBLY be dumber than the existing incenses. That is all.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

In fact, to clarify:

This will be exactly like how Nincada evolves, except Kangaskhan will be holding an item.

Kayo

Quote from: Riddler_Robin on April 24, 2011, 04:57:51 PM
In fact, to clarify:

This will be exactly like how Nincada evolves, except Kangaskhan will be holding an item.
Except Kangaskhan needs to evolve as much as Rhydon did.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: Kondor on April 24, 2011, 05:01:10 PM
But Rhydon did, so your argument is irrelevant.

Other idea: Alt-Forme, but it'd have to be a permanent Alt-Forme.

Kayo

Quote from: Riddler_Robin on April 24, 2011, 05:10:37 PM
But Rhydon did, so your argument is irrelevant.

Other idea: Alt-Forme, but it'd have to be a permanent Alt-Forme.
But Rhydon didn't NEED to. That's. What. I'm. Saying.

Quote from: Kondor on April 24, 2011, 05:01:10 PM
I'll break this down so you can understand.
Kangaskhan doesn't need an evolution, and Rhydon didn't either. So what if it got one? It was the most unneeded evolution of the 4th gen, perhaps tying with Dusclops. Why evolve something that DOESN'T. NEED. TO. EVOLVE? Answer this. Also:

(8:08:32 PM) Kianglo: WHY do we need to take her and her baby apart?

Why?
[move][/move]

JrDude

You basically read every other word I wrote. If you're going to argue, don't skim (or skin as you call it), as your point won't always make sense.
I thought Dark because it was evil, did evil things, and was created for evil purposes. Justice Heart also implies Dark is evil. I got FIRE because it is from Hell, and knew Octillery could learn Fire moves. Dark had nothing to do with Hell for the case of Octillery's Kraken evolution.

And also, not Water/Dragon. Hell, don't even try drawing it yet since no one agreed on anything. But I guess I don't have to say that since you haven't drawn anything since the Chick and Frog.
Why not Water/Dragon? Well, if you look into the Kraken, it has nothing to do with dragons. It took down boats. It almost destroyed an entire city after it was released if it didn't get a sacrifice (and was then destroyed by the head of a snake woman). It came from Hell. If we're basing this off of the Kraken, then base it off the Kraken, not what the octodragonpus your mind is creating.

And about Girafarig. You read way too far into what I said. I didn't want the ass-head to be equal to the front-head. I just thought it would get a cool looking evolution. Basically a bigger Girafarig with a few different Features. Basically Lickilicky Girafarig-style. And I would want it's name to be like Girafarig (spelled the same backwards)

Aaand the Kangababy. I mentioned this earlier as a double-post that was irrelevant to what we were discussing, so it got ignored, and K now agrees. Let's do nothing with Kangaskhan's Baby. Leave it alone.
If this baby wants to live with it's mom forever, let it. If the newborn Kangaskhan wants to have a baby while still young, let it.
We don't need to make the baby obey any logic our minds want. If we do, we might as well create an evo for Diglett  AND Dugtrio that makes them come out of their holes. Also, make an evolution that makes Cubone and Marrowak to take off their bony helmets so we can see what's under it.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 25, 2011, 01:20:49 AM
You basically read every other word I wrote. If you're going to argue, don't skim (or skin as you call it), as your point won't always make sense.
I thought Dark because it was evil, did evil things, and was created for evil purposes. Justice Heart also implies Dark is evil. I got FIRE because it is from Hell, and knew Octillery could learn Fire moves. Dark had nothing to do with Hell for the case of Octillery's Kraken evolution.

And also, not Water/Dragon. Hell, don't even try drawing it yet since no one agreed on anything. But I guess I don't have to say that since you haven't drawn anything since the Chick and Frog.
Why not Water/Dragon? Well, if you look into the Kraken, it has nothing to do with dragons. It took down boats. It almost destroyed an entire city after it was released if it didn't get a sacrifice (and was then destroyed by the head of a snake woman). It came from Hell. If we're basing this off of the Kraken, then base it off the Kraken, not what the octodragonpus your mind is creating.

And about Girafarig. You read way too far into what I said. I didn't want the ass-head to be equal to the front-head. I just thought it would get a cool looking evolution. Basically a bigger Girafarig with a few different Features. Basically Lickilicky Girafarig-style. And I would want it's name to be like Girafarig (spelled the same backwards)

Aaand the Kangababy. I mentioned this earlier as a double-post that was irrelevant to what we were discussing, so it got ignored, and K now agrees. Let's do nothing with Kangaskhan's Baby. Leave it alone.
If this baby wants to live with it's mom forever, let it. If the newborn Kangaskhan wants to have a baby while still young, let it.
We don't need to make the baby obey any logic our minds want. If we do, we might as well create an evo for Diglett  AND Dugtrio that makes them come out of their holes. Also, make an evolution that makes Cubone and Marrowak to take off their bony helmets so we can see what's under it.
What the intercourse ? Justice Heart doesn't even fit into this. Oh, and Gyarados is a monster from hell, why isn't IT a Dark type? ANSWER THIS. Yeah. They gave it Water/Flying... and it doesn't really fly. A lot of Pokemon are evil. Mewtwo was pretty evil, and it wasn't Dark. THe point is, NO.

And no, you can't just say "No Water/Dragon" without giving me a reason. You have no reason against it. Because we're not basing this 100% off the Kraken. It's intercourse ing Octillery, we're NOT evolving it into a carbon-copy of an ancient legend. I don't know who you think we are, but we're not going to plagiarize mythology, we're going to base things on MORE THAN ONE source combined. You're closed-minded.

Lickilicky was terrible. And no we're not making a bigger Girafarig. It's perfectly fine as it is, what the intercourse  are you going to change about it? Answer me this and I'll consider. Just "Making it bigger with a few changes" isn't going to cut it.

[move][/move]

JrDude

You're the closed minded one.

Justice Heart is just a partial source that Dark is signified as evil.
And Gyarados is NOT a monster from hell. It based on a myth that, if a carp can leap over a magical gate (Magikarp are known to Splash over mountains), then it will become a dragon. The fact that it flew so high gave them the idea of fly type.
Regardless, it isn't from hell. At all. And nothing says it is. Except you. Hell also has NOTHING to do with my suggestion of Dark type. Get that through you're tiny mind.
And the reason Gyarados wasn't a dragon type is because there would have been no point as the only dragon move originally was Dragon Rage, which had a set amount of power so couldn't get a STAB from it anyway. It would also be near impossible to get a strong move against it since Dragon is immune to what water is weak to.
Also Dark didn't exist in gen 1 at all. You won't find a Dark Pokémon in Gen 1 no matter how evil. The only added on type was Magnemite/ton's steel.

And I wasn't saying "Dark or not at all," I was suggesting. Then you rage and rage, saying it makes no sense when it clearly does make sense. You just want to be right and can't stand it if I'm not wrong. It seems you want to prove you're smarter than me or some poop when it doesn't even matter.

And I did give you reason. Hell, you argue with my reason you stupid dumbass. Lrn2logic.
Another thing. Octillery can learn a move of any type, except Dragon (and ghost, but that's not part of the discussion). Dragon is probably the worst choice due to this fact. And we're not counting Hidden Power.
Also, I never said "MAKE IT 100% KRAKEN" I was saying, if we're basing it off the kraken, BASE IT OFF THE KRAKEN. Not a dragon-octopus you are imagining. Once you get it through your skull that there's nothing dragon about the Kraken, I can say other things that went through my mind. Like keep the fact that Octillery and his prevo are based off of some sort of weapon. Ramoraid a gun, Octillery a gun/cannon of some sort (he can learn almost every beam move, and a bunch of other gun/cannon based attacks). Do something like that with this Kraken evo. What exactly? Well IDK, haven't had much to think about it since I've been trying to get you to stop thinking like a dumbass.

Lrn2Suggestion
That makes little sense, but whatever.
It's a suggestion. It isn't something you need to rage about. I'll explain suggestions, sure, but don't rage over them JUST because you don't like the idea.
"Oh, I don't like this idea
SO HERE'S A BUNCH OF FAKE LOGIC ON WHY IT'S THE WORST IDEA KNOWN TO MAN AND WHY YOU'RE STUPID FOR EVEN THINKING OF IT AND FOR DISAGREEING WITH ME BECAUSE I'M ALWAYS RIGHT."
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Wow Junior, I love you. Not really; I love when you get so tense.

I hate the idea of making a Water/Dragon Octillery evo. I'm still for pure Water, Water/Electric, or even Water/Fire before Water/Dragon. I just love how worked up you got about the Dragon idea, tbh.

Also, just a bit of info: Dragon was a type added very late in the game development (of Red/Green). This may have been done to avoid giving Dragonite a Normal/Flying type as it was clearly a dragon, not a bird. Dratini and Dragonair could have been Normal with Dragonite a Normal/Flying, except as dragons the type made no sense. And thus, the Dragon type was born. GameFreak invented it solely for that evolutionary line (The only one that was Dragon-typed in Gen I), and just added more Dragon types every generation.

Unrelated: They wouldn't make it pure Flying because (in my view), the logical rule that nothing can fly forever. Pure flying type to some people that it just flies and flies and that's it. Pidgey fits in with Rattata as far as being a normal type. The new pure-flying Tornadus is a weird genie-thing that actually looks like it can fly forever without resting. So okay. I'm going way off here.

Alright Jr, thanks for the laughs. Just get this straight, I don't want to make Octillery a Dragon (why the intercourse  even, an octopus dragon? You thought I was serious?).

I still want it to exist though. But I'm not feelin' the Dark thing, really. It just seems too.. obvious. That's why I said Electric (electric kraken aaaahhhhhh) but in truth, I'd like it to remain pure Water.

That's all.

[move][/move]

JrDude

Because JrDude can't prove anyone wrong, in fact he's always wrong. Losing an argument to JrDude? PFFFFFFFFFFF, nah, I was kidding. Everything he said is true and I knew, I just wanted to see JrDude get tense. There's no way I was wrong. No. Way.
I'll say I take this project seriously, then say I was trolling you to get you tense, because trolling you is taking this seriously. Oh no, I'm not actually gonna say the word troll, because I wasn't trolling, I was just doing something to make someone angry to get a laugh, and that isn't trolling. I do nothing wrong.
Oh I do make mistakes, but I made no mistakes here.
I'm still for pure water, because never even mentioning pure water means I've been up for it forever.
JrDude knew what he was talking about in some sense? Well I knew of all the things he said all along, in fact I knew more, so here's a bunch of facts I just read about the Dragon type because I'm so much smarter than you.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 25, 2011, 01:54:16 PM
Because JrDude can't prove anyone wrong, in fact he's always wrong. Losing an argument to JrDude? PFFFFFFFFFFF, nah, I was kidding. Everything he said is true and I knew, I just wanted to see JrDude get tense. There's no way I was wrong. No. Way.
I'll say I take this project seriously, then say I was trolling you to get you tense, because trolling you is taking this seriously. Oh no, I'm not actually gonna say the word troll, because I wasn't trolling, I was just doing something to make someone angry to get a laugh, and that isn't trolling. I do nothing wrong.
Oh I do make mistakes, but I made no mistakes here.
I'm still for pure water, because never even mentioning pure water means I've been up for it forever.
JrDude knew what he was talking about in some sense? Well I knew of all the things he said all along, in fact I knew more, so here's a bunch of facts I just read about the Dragon type because I'm so much smarter than you.
Eh, wha? More like I was also distracting from the fact I haven't finished the drawings yet. I've been busy. And I wanted to spark some other argument.

And the pure water thing? I'll admit, it was only in the back of my mind until now. I've always been thinking it but I was so quick to put forth the dual-typed idea just because of the ferocity of turning an octopus into a kraken, then I thought "Wait a minute, it doesn't even have to get a second type. Octillery kept the type of its base form... a fish."

Also about the Dragon type, I was adding to this thing you said:

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 25, 2011, 04:21:42 AM
And the reason Gyarados wasn't a dragon type is because there would have been no point as the only dragon move originally was Dragon Rage, which had a set amount of power so couldn't get a STAB from it anyway. It would also be near impossible to get a strong move against it since Dragon is immune to what water is weak to.
Also Dark didn't exist in gen 1 at all. You won't find a Dark Pokémon in Gen 1 no matter how evil. The only added on type was Magnemite/ton's steel.
This was actually in SUPPORT of what you said above. They obviously didn't give too much consideration into a Dragon type, because like I said they just made it so the Dratini line would have something that sets it apart from everything else: being the only Pokemon with that strange type that resisted all three starter types. Oh, Dragon isn't "Immune" to what Water's weak too. It takes half damage. I have no clue what you're trying to defend with that, but it seems unimportant so I'll leave it.

Junior, just drop it already. I got my laugh, and that's all, lol. Just looking for ways to cheer myself up after the terrible turn of events in my life that I won't go into. Let it go and move on. It's done.

AAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNYYYYWWAAYYYYYYY, We really should think of what to do for Qwilfish's evo. Obvioulsy we should do SOMETHING for it, but it's hard to think of what. Suggestions, guys.
[move][/move]

JrDude

If you're angry, take it somewhere else. You're causing unnecessary arguments that you basically claim you could have avoided. This is a thread where arguments are dangerous, and if you want an argument, start it in a thread that can be locked and not matter. If you wanna see me "get tense," do it in a different thread I post in. I don't want your bull poop to get this thread locked again.

I had problems recently too. Possibly worse, just as bad, or not as bad, doesn't matter because it is something I needed a distraction from too. This isn't the place to get an argument laugh distraction.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 25, 2011, 02:31:28 PM
If you're angry, take it somewhere else. You're causing unnecessary arguments that you basically claim you could have avoided. This is a thread where arguments are dangerous, and if you want an argument, start it in a thread that can be locked and not matter. If you wanna see me "get tense," do it in a different thread I post in. I don't want your bull poop to get this thread locked again.

I had problems recently too. Possibly worse, just as bad, or not as bad, doesn't matter because it is something I needed a distraction from too. This isn't the place to get an argument laugh distraction.
I'm not angry, lol. You're the one flipping poop over there. Now please shut the intercourse  up about that and focus on the topic at hand.

Which by the way, I think it needs more fins. Qwilfish doesn't even have fins. What a poor fish.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
See? Fins.
[move][/move]

JrDude

The only thing we can do to it is a Lickilicky type of thing, bigger version with some new features. And because you hate Lickilicky it means we can't do anything like with Girafarig.
And if we still can do the Qwilfish, we still can do Girafarig. Not having an idea of what the evolution doesn't mean it's a horrible idea to get one, unless you think your own idea is bad too.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Macawmoses

Can you kids remain civil for ten minutes?