News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

The Official SSBB Friend Code and Search/Challenge Discussion Thread.100+ Listed

Started by StarWindWizard7, January 21, 2008, 07:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Playat

Quote from: Ridley on August 02, 2008, 08:00:12 AM
Quote from: Dawei on August 01, 2008, 10:49:11 PM
Quote from: PLAYAT on August 01, 2008, 10:33:14 PM
Quote from: Dawei on August 01, 2008, 10:20:23 PM
You guys treat Playat as if he was a god. He's an average player, nothing more. Get your heads out of your asses. No one on this site is anything above "decent".

For once...you're right. How can you say no one on this site is above decent?

Does a brawler HAVE TO play as the top-tier characters or something to go beyond "decent"?
Make up your mind. First you say I'm right, and then you say I'm wrong.
But even so, no one here is above decent because winning online matches means UTTER s***. The only thing that matters are tourney results. Let's look at this one player named Bardull. He was #1 on gamebattles for awhile until he stopped participating. And guess what happened when he went to an actual, offline tourney? He did average. He dominated online, but was just an OK player in reality. With online, all you have to do is learn to abuse button lag and lag in general to dominate. What normally would be relatively easy to get out of offline is impossible because of how poor online is. Even buying a lan adapter and doing the registry tweak still leaves bits of lag, not to mention good connection+bad connection=Bad connection. Plus, there is the truth that many of you will deny;
NSF sucks at smash
Don't deny it. Acceptance will save you time. Beating a bunch of scrubs here doesn't make you any decent. That's like me bragging about beating my 7 year old brother. Man, I'm so good beating up on someone who can hardly short hop.
Anyway, someone can be good with any character. What they can't be though is as successful as the person who uses the better character. Unless the person using the top tier one honest to god sucks balls, they are LESS LIKELY (not saying it's impossible) to win (this is excluding a match up in which the worse character still has a matchup advantage). Also Playat, you act like MK and snake aren't god tier, since I just called everyone here average. Yes, that does include you. And before anyone asks, that includes me too.
/rant

That is why I go to the smash boards. Also the s*** I do online is the same s*** Overswarm and numerous other smashboarders do at tournies. However they don't work as well online.

Really now? I bet they use the gyro slide tossing glitch + ROBs neutral aerial attack often, huh?

Ridley

Quote from: PLAYAT on August 02, 2008, 08:09:13 AM
Quote from: Ridley on August 02, 2008, 08:00:12 AM
Quote from: Dawei on August 01, 2008, 10:49:11 PM
Quote from: PLAYAT on August 01, 2008, 10:33:14 PM
Quote from: Dawei on August 01, 2008, 10:20:23 PM
You guys treat Playat as if he was a god. He's an average player, nothing more. Get your heads out of your asses. No one on this site is anything above "decent".

For once...you're right. How can you say no one on this site is above decent?

Does a brawler HAVE TO play as the top-tier characters or something to go beyond "decent"?
Make up your mind. First you say I'm right, and then you say I'm wrong.
But even so, no one here is above decent because winning online matches means UTTER s***. The only thing that matters are tourney results. Let's look at this one player named Bardull. He was #1 on gamebattles for awhile until he stopped participating. And guess what happened when he went to an actual, offline tourney? He did average. He dominated online, but was just an OK player in reality. With online, all you have to do is learn to abuse button lag and lag in general to dominate. What normally would be relatively easy to get out of offline is impossible because of how poor online is. Even buying a lan adapter and doing the registry tweak still leaves bits of lag, not to mention good connection+bad connection=Bad connection. Plus, there is the truth that many of you will deny;
NSF sucks at smash
Don't deny it. Acceptance will save you time. Beating a bunch of scrubs here doesn't make you any decent. That's like me bragging about beating my 7 year old brother. Man, I'm so good beating up on someone who can hardly short hop.
Anyway, someone can be good with any character. What they can't be though is as successful as the person who uses the better character. Unless the person using the top tier one honest to god sucks balls, they are LESS LIKELY (not saying it's impossible) to win (this is excluding a match up in which the worse character still has a matchup advantage). Also Playat, you act like MK and snake aren't god tier, since I just called everyone here average. Yes, that does include you. And before anyone asks, that includes me too.
/rant

That is why I go to the smash boards. Also the s*** I do online is the same s*** Overswarm and numerous other smashboarders do at tournies. However they don't work as well online.

Really now? I bet they use the gyro slide tossing glitch + ROBs neutral aerial attack often, huh?

Was that sarcasm? >_>
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Dawei

Things like that can often work better online because a) people can't do poop against it in lag, and b) people online are poop, so they don't know how stop it. Doing the technique is one thing. Doing it on good players is completely different.

QingXin

Everyone always does worse online... I know I do. A button lag always exists, which hinders gameplay more than you think. Plus it's unrealistically harder to perform Marth's Dancing Blade (at least, for me).

Quote from: Ridley on August 02, 2008, 08:22:10 AM
Quote from: TamJammerz on August 02, 2008, 08:07:14 AM
Ever visit --------? They're some pretty good Brawlers there... Best matchmaking for Brawl imo.
Websites like those tend to have good players.
I enjoy playing against people on ---------. Also, they're not all hardcore. In fact, I'd say most of them like to play for fun (as in, FFA with items). Isn't that what Smash is all about.

This is the line that seperates American Smashers (I'm generalizing, here) to Japanese Smashers. Americans are all "NUN ITMEZ ON FINEIL DESTINATESHUN" (no items on Final Destination), whereas you look at a Japanese tournament, and they're using 75m as a stage with items on high. They don't play to compete (most of the time), they play to have fun.

It's not fun if you're competing all the time. Some people find this fun, but others just like to enjoy the game without having to prove their skill to anyone.

I totally went off on a tangent.

Cornwad

I never get a chance to play against somewhat decent people offline, so I wouldn't know how much easier it is :P

Dawei

Tam, as things are, you are completely wrong. Japanese is even more strict then us. Back in melee in America, you could use any stage except;
Brinstar Depths
FlatZone
Great Bay
Icicle Mountain
Hyrule Temple
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Yoshi's Island (N64)
Venom
Fourside
Mushroom Kingdom I
Big Blue
Mushroom Kingdom II

In Japan, only TWO stages were aloud. FD and Dream land 64. Not to mention in either brawl or melee no country would play on a stage like that, or with items on. It wasn't a pro tourney if those were legal.

QingXin

Quote from: Dawei on August 02, 2008, 12:26:15 PM
Tam, as things are, you are completely wrong. Japanese is even more strict then us. Back in melee in America, you could use any stage except;
Brinstar Depths
FlatZone
Great Bay
Icicle Mountain
Hyrule Temple
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Yoshi's Island (N64)
Venom
Fourside
Mushroom Kingdom I
Big Blue
Mushroom Kingdom II

In Japan, only TWO stages were aloud. FD and Dream land 64. Not to mention in either brawl or melee no country would play on a stage like that, or with items on. It wasn't a pro tourney if those were legal.
I never once mentioned the word pro. I mentioned Japanese tournaments in general. I was doing independant studies over at the Rising Sun, and my friend signed me up for a few tournaments being hosted by electronic stores and such. Most of the used items, and some of them were strict (as you mentioned).

But I don't know, you may be right. You really can't blame me for making a judgement based on my own personal experience  :|

*Edit*
Oh, and pro means money, right? Cause I had to pay some money (like, 1000 yen which is about 10$, I guess) to enter some of the tournaments, and the winner won some moola. So pro, I guess?  :O Some of those players were freaking amazing (they use Dragonic Reverse like it's nothing).

Dawei

At electronic stores? The ones in America are like those too. Anything hosted by gamestop or what not is almost always items on and other poorly thought out rules.
Pro usually means it's hosted by the Japanese equivalent of smash boards (I lost the link to it :(). I know that doesn't instantly make it pro but being hosted there usually informs the better players and they come to it, whereas at gamestop none of the real good players would look into it, unless they are really desperate to win some quick cash.

QingXin

Quote from: Dawei on August 02, 2008, 12:53:38 PM
At electronic stores? The ones in America are like those too. Anything hosted by gamestop or what not is almost always items on and other poorly thought out rules.
Pro usually means it's hosted by the Japanese equivalent of smash boards (I lost the link to it :(). I know that doesn't instantly make it pro but being hosted there usually informs the better players and they come to it, whereas at gamestop none of the real good players would look into it, unless they are really desperate to win some quick cash.
I guess that makes sense.

But lots of the players seemed pretty pro to me (in Japan, anyway) :|

Macawmoses

Feel free to make an on/offline comparison thread, and leave this one be. Star, pm me.

SkyMyl

StarWindWizard7

SkyMyl

StarWindWizard7

I think I might of taught MYL a new set of attacks. :P

It's hard communicating through actions of actual Fighting! :D

MYL, I hope you use the game cube controller.

Combine normal controls with that "other analog" stick, and your golden, especially when dealing in Combos. ;)

Great Games too!
^_^

*Oh, and hows my Olimar?