The Official SSBB Friend Code and Search/Challenge Discussion Thread.100+ Listed

Started by StarWindWizard7, January 21, 2008, 07:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Playat

Quote from: Dawei on August 06, 2008, 11:00:03 PM
Quote from: PLAYAT on August 06, 2008, 10:42:24 PM
Quote from: Dawei on August 06, 2008, 10:35:58 PM
Quote from: PLAYAT on August 06, 2008, 10:19:16 PM
ok Dawei. You're right. I'm just an average player. Its nearly impossible to win a tourney with these
bothersome advanced techs around here in the smash world. I wish there is somebody to train me to get better cause I'm not getting better by beating the same group of players everyday
Man up, no distance johns, and go to tournies. Then you'll get better.

I suppose online tourneis don't count?
They count as much as beating NSFers day after day counts.

ok well I attended like 3 online tournies
One I came in 3rd place.....in the loser bracket
Second tourney I lost in the 2nd round-stupid advanced techs >_<
Third tourney, which I attended just recently, lost in the first round

Its a pain in the *** when your opponent is using advanced techs for a specific character but its bull**** when you can't do nothing about it

Dawei

Quote from: PLAYAT on August 06, 2008, 11:13:57 PM
Quote from: Dawei on August 06, 2008, 11:00:03 PM
Quote from: PLAYAT on August 06, 2008, 10:42:24 PM
Quote from: Dawei on August 06, 2008, 10:35:58 PM
Quote from: PLAYAT on August 06, 2008, 10:19:16 PM
ok Dawei. You're right. I'm just an average player. Its nearly impossible to win a tourney with these
bothersome advanced techs around here in the smash world. I wish there is somebody to train me to get better cause I'm not getting better by beating the same group of players everyday
Man up, no distance johns, and go to tournies. Then you'll get better.

I suppose online tourneis don't count?
They count as much as beating NSFers day after day counts.

ok well I attended like 3 online tournies
One I came in 3rd place.....in the loser bracket
Second tourney I lost in the 2nd round-stupid advanced techs >_<
Third tourney, which I attended just recently, lost in the first round

Its a pain in the *** when your opponent is using advanced techs for a specific character but its bull**** when you can't do nothing about it
Incase you didn't get it, I meant that online tournies don't count at all. It's only the offline tournies. But anyway...
Kind of like you using D.I.C.K? Which, by the way, is completely illegal in any offline tourney.
Anyway, your downfall is one of mine. Using too many characters. Try to narrow it down to a select few. Your main should be who you are best with, but your alternates shouldn't just be who you are 2nd/3rd best with. Use someone that would be a good character in main's bad matchups.

QingXin

I'm working on my ZSS skillz, so anyone who wants to Brawl sometime today, just PM me :P

Nayrman

HTA!

Ill play a couple rounds with someone I suppose.

I think I'll take Dave's advice and narrow my scope down a bit...
Although I only focus on 5 or so as it is.

Nayrman

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on August 07, 2008, 09:41:09 AM
Ill play a couple rounds with someone I suppose.

I think I'll take Dave's advice and narrow my scope down a bit...
Although I only focus on 5 or so as it is.
Okay, make a room Hector, I'm about to do a random match

Nayrman

or you can completely ignore me and go into a room I can't get into X_X;;

Edit: I have a room up now...if anyone wants to play...I'm sick of the horrible random matches...

QingXin

Quote from: Nayrman on August 07, 2008, 09:52:33 AM

Edit: I have a room up now...if anyone wants to play...I'm sick of the horrible random matches...
Awwww, poor Nayrman. I'll play you as Pit, since I'm trying him out right now :D

Nayrman

Quote from: TamJammerz on August 07, 2008, 10:19:15 AM
Quote from: Nayrman on August 07, 2008, 09:52:33 AM

Awwww, poor Nayrman. I'll play you as Pit, since I'm trying him out right now :D
Do you want to set up the room since I got rid of mine, or do you want me to start it?

StarWindWizard7

Pit Training?
Ooo ooo, I should be in that!

I can teach you how to Fly... Forever if need be...
Pit's Super Armor...

Arrow Loops etc...
^_^

Nayrman

Dear lord, Hector what was up with that lag between us? One of the many reasons I hate Gamespy...
Made a room...again... *sigh*

QingXin

Wow, sorry about leaving on you, Nayr. The lag was practically unbearable x_x I had so many stupid SD's because of that.

But I do have some tips for your Sonic (as I use Sonic, myself)... You come off as very predictable at times. I mean, I see you running at me, I know you're gonna do a dash attack, so vary it up a little. Maybe do a little roll-behind grab thing. Sonic is actually fast enough to pull this off without getting hit. I do it all the time.

Also, your Spring Jump into the Down Air becomes very punishable if the Down Air doesn't hit... I only use Spring Jump when I want to Star KO, or to recover/hider recoveries.

But that's just my ideas... Got any tips for my Pokemon Trainer or Pit?

Nayrman

Quote from: TamJammerz on August 07, 2008, 10:57:38 AM
Wow, sorry about leaving on you, Nayr. The lag was practically unbearable x_x I had so many stupid SD's because of that.

But I do have some tips for your Sonic (as I use Sonic, myself)... You come off as very predictable at times. I mean, I see you running at me, I know you're gonna do a dash attack, so vary it up a little. Maybe do a little roll-behind grab thing. Sonic is actually fast enough to pull this off without getting hit. I do it all the time.

Also, your Spring Jump into the Down Air becomes very punishable if the Down Air doesn't hit... I only use Spring Jump when I want to Star KO, or to recover/hider recoveries.

PKMN trainer sucks IMO...
I don't care for pit...I hate his guts.
The spring to down air works perfectly fine for me in non-lag matches because I get out of it quick enough to rarely ever get hit.
The dash attack is also fine as long as, again, there is no lag because I know how to use it to where I go behind the guy if they block it.
It's been really laggy today...for no apparent reason because my connection is fine X_X;;
That's what I was doing when we both got D/Ced Playat... this is getting pathetic.

Playat

Quote from: Nayrman on August 07, 2008, 11:09:56 AM

The spring to down air works perfectly fine for me in non-lag matches because I get out of it quick enough to rarely ever get hit.
The dash attack is also fine as long as, again, there is no lag because I know how to use it to where I go behind the guy if they block it.
It's been really laggy today...for no apparent reason because my connection is fine X_X;;
That's what I was doing when we both got D/Ced Playat... this is getting pathetic.

Nayrman try joining my room.

QingXin

Quote from: Nayrman on August 07, 2008, 11:09:56 AM

Very straight forward, nice!!

I guess I should go work on my PT skillz.