News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

The Official SSBB Friend Code and Search/Challenge Discussion Thread.100+ Listed

Started by StarWindWizard7, January 21, 2008, 07:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FruitFlow

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on August 19, 2008, 06:01:08 PM
Sorry Brawlin, I was talking to my parents about school the whole time and letting you hit me. X_X
I was basically seeing how many times I could bait you into a SD...

Ill play some real matches tomorrow if your on...
That lag started getting bad at the end.. it seemed okay in the beginning... :(
No prob Hector.
Those matches were rediculously laggy.
GGs regardless. :)
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Cogs on August 19, 2008, 05:45:56 PM
Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on August 19, 2008, 05:41:56 PM
Quote from: Cogs on August 19, 2008, 05:39:52 PM
Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on August 19, 2008, 05:37:23 PM
Quote from: Cogs on August 19, 2008, 05:28:01 PM
Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on August 19, 2008, 05:24:46 PM
So is HTA's Pit harder then Daves Pit?
I'm not sure he would know since he never played mine. :P
I gotta see the Pit ditto in that...
I'll just kill myself and just watch you 2 go at it. :D

Maybe a holy war between Pits should happen between Someguy, Me, Dave and HTA.

Or better yet, Team Pit Dittos. :O
TEAM ATTACK ON SON
Wha... What? Why?!
Whats the point in having Team Attack on?
0_o

"It's shows that you aren't a dumbass who sits backtoback spaming downsmash"
Nobody here does that, from what I seen. We don't have enough Online Team battles for that. Maybe in your experience you have but atleast lets give it a try. All the team battles I been in, we both (my parter and I) work together.

"and that you can actually work as a team to not hurt your partner."
Hurting your parter is a bad thing no matter what. I find what your 1st comment said to be the opposite of what I feel. If Team attack Was on, I wouldn't Fight as I normally would for fear of KO'ing my partner...not to mentioning him getting in my way. Making the wrong result happen. I would just let my parter do all the work and wait for an opening for My attack, which............ Could probably lead to some spaming downsmash attacks or something.

"Plus, it can help in the fact that you can hit your partner if they can't make it back to the edge for whatever reason."
True, but the chances of that happening or... What slim to None?
If my parter tried to hit me to help me back on he could be attacked by the other person thus KO'ing both of us. A move entirely toooo risky. Not to mentoin you can make a mistake and KO your own parter into Oblivion. Yayyy for team work then... :|

Plus it's manly.

And if your a girl?

Dawei

Star, you don't play competitive smash like I do. Everything you said "doesn't happen often" would be exactly what would happen if team attack was off. Maybe you should stop being so clumsy and attacking your partner? If you really were a good team you would be able to win without killing them. If try to help your partner and fail, so what? They were going to die anyway.

And just to prove you wrong, I'll get a friend to team with me and we will sit back to back and sit their spamming Snake's ftilt/mk's dsmash and tornado. If we kick you and your partners ass by doing that, will you be willing to turn it off?

And don't take "it's manly" so literal.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Cogs on August 19, 2008, 06:41:36 PM
Star, you don't play competitive smash like I do. Everything you said "doesn't happen often" would be exactly what would happen if team attack was off. Maybe you should stop being so clumsy and attacking your partner? If you really were a good team you would be able to win without killing them. If try to help your partner and fail, so what? They were going to die anyway.

And just to prove you wrong, I'll get a friend to team with me and we will sit back to back and sit their spamming Snake's ftilt/mk's dsmash and tornado. If we kick you and your partners ass by doing that, will you be willing to turn it off?

Well, no not everybody plays competitive like you, thats a point I'm trying to make. (I think a solution to this would be if we all took a vote on it if we would want team attacks on or off, though if they are off I know whats gonna happen to a player).

And if you set it up just like you said Hypothetically speaking then whats the point in fighting if thats all your gonna do. Spamming moves is something people here really don't like to do Or look down upon those who Do do it. But as I said, you fight competitively..and if doing that is your way of winning then thats you.

It would Seem the people here don't play/fight competitively as you do, as we are all small community of friends. So it's just for fun, and shouldn't be taken so serious as a competitor such as yourself would.

Also, for team attacks to be "On", Atleast your parter would need to be there with you so you both can talk/communicate... that way you can More so easily Win a victory in team battles then trying to win with out communicating.
(I blame Nintendo on this part here though).

Your comments about your parter dieing and not caring, well I have no comment, it "for me" means that I probably shouldn't be on your team. Lol

I 100% prefer to play team attacks off, but I had them on while fighting you before Dave, and the experience was "meh" to say the least.
If you want to taste your parters blood on your own hands thats fine with me, but leave me out of that nonsense.

I'm willing to play team battles with team attack Off, but it would seem we won't be able to even to do that.
>_>

Cornwad

Whenever my friend and I are on a team with Team Attack off, the main strategy is to spam as much as possible... D:

FruitFlow

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on August 19, 2008, 06:56:14 PM
Quote from: Cogs on August 19, 2008, 06:41:36 PM

Well, no not everybody plays competitive like you, thats a point I'm trying to make. (I think a solution to this would be if we all took a vote on it if we would want team attacks on or off, though if they are off I know whats gonna happen to a player).

And if you set it up just like you said Hypothetically speaking then whats the point in fighting if thats all your gonna do. Spamming moves is something people here really don't like to do Or look down upon those who Do do it. But as I said, you fight competitively..and if doing that is your way of winning then thats you.

It would Seem the people here don't play/fight competitively as you do, as we are all small community of friends. So it's just for fun, and shouldn't be taken so serious as a competitor such as yourself would.

Also, for team attacks to be "On", Atleast your parter would need to be there with you so you both can talk/communicate... that way you can More so easily Win a victory in team battles then trying to win with out communicating.
(I blame Nintendo on this part here though).

Your comments about your parter dieing and not caring, well I have no comment, it "for me" means that I probably shouldn't be on your team. Lol

I 100% prefer to play team attacks off, but I had them on while fighting you before Dave, and the experience was "meh" to say the least.
If you want to taste your parters blood on your own hands thats fine with me, but leave me out of that nonsense.

I'm willing to play team battles with team attack Off, but it would seem we won't be able to even to do that.
>_>
Hey Star, if your gonna do teams can I join?
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Dawei

I'll play a team attack off match with you, more or less to prove that it's so op, and that I'm bored. I have a friend already willing to play, so find your partner and let the slaughter commence. :P

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Cogs on August 19, 2008, 07:00:07 PM
I'll play a team attack off match with you, more or less to prove that it's so op, and that I'm bored. I have a friend already willing to play, so find your partner and let the slaughter commence. :P
I remember reading "somewhere" that when fighting, no matter HOW you win, as long as you win... YOU WIN. lol

If it' spamming this, and doing that...if it means you win then your the winner by all means.
I don't spam, and I don't really care if other people spam... People will do it regardless OR perhaps as a last resort if they are losing.

I'm not interested in Team battles right now as I'm playing team battles with strangers.

SSBBrawlin, you should fight me one on one, ...see how good you gotten over
the last week.

FruitFlow

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on August 19, 2008, 07:08:52 PM
Quote from: Cogs on August 19, 2008, 07:00:07 PM
I remember reading "somewhere" that when fighting, no matter HOW you win, as long as you win... YOU WIN. lol

If it' spamming this, and doing that...if it means you win then your the winner by all means.
I don't spam, and I don't really care if other people spam... People will do it regardless OR perhaps as a last resort if they are losing.

I'm not interested in Team battles right now as I'm playing team battles with strangers.

SSBBrawlin, you should fight me one on one, ...see how good you gotten over
the last week.
Sure thing Star.
Who's hosting?

StarWindWizard7

I think we should do some free for all's 1st.

It's a free for all, let people join!

Matt

I'm almost certain Dawei's team will win 85% if not all of the matches even if Star arrow spams with Pit.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: `Matt` on August 19, 2008, 07:34:41 PM
I'm almost certain Dawei's team will win 85% if not all of the matches even if Star arrow spams with Pit.
Well, Obviously.  ::)

FruitFlow

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on August 19, 2008, 07:26:04 PM

Whoops, sorry Star.
I didn't see your message there.  :P

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: SSBBRAWLIN on August 19, 2008, 07:44:59 PM

Whoops, sorry Star.
*comments on your snake*

I had no idea you knew how to do that.
I only seen people do that on Online team battles randomly...

You really caught me off guard at 1st but I got around it, try to really mix up your attacks with more grenades and what not.

Your Link is getting better as I see you short hopping a lot...

That 1 2 3 sword combo kept getting to me, but I didn't realize what your Combo pattern was until the end. :P

FruitFlow

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on August 19, 2008, 07:47:49 PM
Quote from: SSBBRAWLIN on August 19, 2008, 07:44:59 PM

Whoops, sorry Star.
*comments on your snake*

I had no idea you knew how to do that.
I only seen people do that on Online team battles randomly...

You really caught me off guard at 1st but I got around it, try to really mix up your attacks with more grenades and what not.

Your Link is getting better as I see you short hopping a lot...

That 1 2 3 sword combo kept getting to me, but I didn't realize what your Combo pattern was until the end. :P
Surprise. :P

Yeah, I'm trying my best to get my main to the top.
Where's the 4on4 match?