News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

The Official SSBB Friend Code and Search/Challenge Discussion Thread.100+ Listed

Started by StarWindWizard7, January 21, 2008, 07:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FruitFlow

"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

FruitFlow

"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

HTA!

GG's.
I was running through characters I haven't used very much for the most part.
I saved that Game and Watch combo btw.

Just some constructive criticism, don't take this the wrong way... but you have the potential to be really good with ZSS if you would at least try and diversify your playing style.

I lost most of those ZSS matches because I was tired of spot dodging and rolling and gave up. D:

Try using her aerials more and use Side-B a little more sparingly. Or do a short hop Side-B. ZSS has endless chaining abilities with her D-smash and lasers... use them!

EDIT-
Thanks for crashing the party Playat! :P
I'm done for the night.

FruitFlow

Those were indeed great matches, Hector.
It's been a pretty long time since I last played so i got a little bit rusty.
Especially with my Link.

Thanks for the comments on ZSS though.
I'll be sure to try those tips.

But I really must know what it is that I'm not doing right.
I feel that I'm doing well with her but at the same time I feel I'm missing a lot of things.

HTA!

Quote from: SSBBRAWLIN on June 08, 2009, 08:04:01 PM
Those were indeed great matches, Hector.
It's been a pretty long time since I last played so i got a little bit rusty.
Especially with my Link.

Thanks for the comments on ZSS though.
I'll be sure to try those tips.

But I really must know what it is that I'm not doing right.
I feel that I'm doing well with her but at the same time I feel I'm missing a lot of things.

Its not that you are doing something wrong... its that you are doing the same thing over and over.

I'm fairly certain there are faster jabs than her's, so I wouldn't rely on it as much as you do.

Dash attack into jab combo works, but after 100 times in the same match its easy to anticipate. Side-B is a great KO move... but has a lot of lag. Short Hop Side-B should help. The whole last stock of our ZSS ditto, I was trying to pull off a combo with D-smash. D-smash and then use UP-B on them. They fly up and then back down, and you can re-stun. You just really need to expand on her as a character, and use all of her  moves. U-air is a fairly good killer, but I didn't really see you take advantage of it.

Projectiles, like Falco's laser and Pit's arrows, would decimate you.
We can have more dittos tomorrow and I'll show you a little if you want.

FruitFlow

Thanks again, Hector.
We can do dittos tomorrow.
Do you think we can also have a peach ditto.
Some people said I did well with her, but since you seem to best I want to test my strength with her against you.

HTA!

Alright.
And ease up on FD a little k?

Music is stuck in my head. D:

FruitFlow

LOL.
Sure.

I only picked that stage because it was the most balanced.

StarWindWizard7

Is there an easier way to use Metaknights Infinte something something Dimensional .....something.......... uhh yeah.... D:

I'm tired of using the C Stick cause my right thumb is starting to hurt!  :robotindifferent:

I'm thinking a crappy 3rd party mad katz controller with the turbo feature is probably the best thing?

HTA!

Um...
Not really.

Why would you do it anyway?
Its banned. D:

Oh and Brawlin... FD isn't the most balanced.

Playat

Quote from: HTA on June 08, 2009, 10:08:51 PM
Um...
Not really.

Its banned. D:

How so?

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: HTA on June 08, 2009, 10:08:51 PM
Um...
Not really.

Its banned. D:

Cause I like to use it when I play around with Metaknight on Basic Brawl at night. :P

I ran across an MK Player who vanished for 7 seconds on
the Eldin Bridge Stage.

I managed to do it for like 5 seconds.

I do believe it's Banned simply because it "Isn't Fair".

HTA!

Quote from: Playat on June 08, 2009, 11:00:04 PM
How so?

You pick FD a lot too.
FD is not balanced in that some characters thrive in open space.
Falco players, I'm fairly certain, will pick FD because it fits their playing style. But some characters need platforms to thrive.

Any neutral stage, as listed in the official rules thread, is considered "balanced". FD is not the "most balanced" by any stretch of the imagination because it favors some characters over others.

Technically, the most balanced stage was PKMN Stadium 1 before they f***ed with the windmill. But playing FD 4 matches in a row really starts to piss me off. D:

So maybe you guys could, pick the other stages? Hell, even counter-pick stages are fine. Just not FD every single match. I never picked FD in any of our matched Brawlin, and yet 2/3 of our games were there. D:

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Starter/Counter
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter
Brinstar
Delfino (moved from S/C)                     Rainbow Cruise sucks
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Playat

If you don't want to hear the FD music then turn off the music. Thats what I do.
Also I had FD, Battlefield, and Smashville on the random choice option and everything else off.