The Official SSBB Friend Code and Search/Challenge Discussion Thread.100+ Listed

Started by StarWindWizard7, January 21, 2008, 07:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FruitFlow

Quote from: Nayrman on June 15, 2009, 06:39:27 PM
I do have you registered, but you don't have me.

I made a room btw.
Oh okay, I'll add you right now.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Gamree

Sorry if I seemed out of it in that first match, Nayr and Brawlin.  I was multitasking between brawling and talking on the phone.  O_o

GGs so far, though.

Someguy13

hey so like you guys should play me.
Star it's being all weird about letting me connect to you. Sometimes it kicks me off the internet and sometimes it lets me in.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Someguy13 on June 15, 2009, 07:05:59 PM
hey so like you guys should play me.
Star it's being all weird about letting me connect to you. Sometimes it kicks me off the internet and sometimes it lets me in.
Wow really? ......................................... Hmmm...

Well, still try to be the Blue Team. I'm fighting with my Friend From Wisconsin "Dan".
I'm sure he won't mind if it's 3 vs. 1 of the cpu. heheheheheh...

Maybe you should make  a room and I'll join yours and he can join in that way?  :-\

Stupid Smash Servers.

Nayrman

wow, I'm WAY off my game tonight. Some of my worst playing in months.

Gamree: You're much better than I remember. You're DDD is really good, if slightly abusive (one of the many reasons I hate S-tier characters, and yes I realize the irony that I use Snake). Everyone else if I hadn't been terrible tonight would've been a resounding "okay to good". Although I'll say the same thing to all Diddy players in Wolf's immortal words in Brawl taunts 3: "Gay tripping is GAY"
(No offense Star X_X;; )
Rating: Really good, need to play 1 vs 1 to really get to know how you work though.

SSBBrawlin: Dude... did the though EVER occur to you that maybe, just MAYBE, it would be a good idea to go after the guy who has been dominating? I ESPECIALLY love the Delfino match where I die twice (once via terrible button lag and once via the stage) that you STILL felt the incessant urge to go after me for no good reason. Seriously man, learn to prioritize a little. I swear half the matches Gamree won were because of you being annoying X_X;;
Rating: Faced a lot better than you, but you're okay. Not the worst. Choose someone besides Link (he really sucks dude) and actually learn how to use that character's high priority moves. You're very spammy.

DededeCloneChris

FruitFlow

Huh.
I wasn't spamming at all.

Also I haven't been playing Brawl for a while, so that's one of the main reasons I'm playing rusty right now.
I was expecting us to continue 1 vs. 1 but then Gamree appeared.

Those were still good games and hopefully we can fight again sometime.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Nayrman

Quote from: SSBBRAWLIN on June 15, 2009, 08:45:53 PM
Huh.
I wasn't spamming at all.

Also I haven't been playing Brawl for a while, so that's one of the main reasons I'm playing rusty right now.
I was expecting us to continue 1 vs. 1 but then Gamree appeared.

Those were still good games and hopefully we can fight again sometime.
Not so much spammy, just that priority didn't seem like a thought during most of the matches. Again, I bring up the Delfino match. I was doing the "run away until they're moderately close because of crappy life loss" strategy, and you still went for me instead of Gamree.

I was god awful too so I don't blame it all on you.
Again, get good with someone besides Link. You're horribly predictable with him. You're Peach was good though. I ALMOST won that match on Halberd except for the cannon and a split second. BTW you guys need to choose a stage other than FD, I mean seriously X_X:;

FruitFlow

Quote from: Nayrman on June 15, 2009, 08:50:47 PM
Not so much spammy, just that priority didn't seem like a thought during most of the matches. Again, I bring up the Delfino match. I was doing the "run away until they're moderately close because of crappy life loss" strategy, and you still went for me instead of Gamree.

I was god awful too so I don't blame it all on you.
Again, get good with someone besides Link. You're horribly predictable with him. You're Peach was good though. I ALMOST won that match on Halberd except for the cannon and a split second. BTW you guys need to choose a stage other than FD, I mean seriously X_X:;
Yeah, sorry about all of that.
I just usually go for whoever's on my mind.
I'll start remembering that next time

What about my Ganondorf, ZSS and Ike?

Nayrman

Quote from: SSBBRAWLIN on June 15, 2009, 08:54:38 PM
Yeah, sorry about all of that.
I just usually go for whoever's on my mind.
I'll start remembering that next time

What about my Ganondorf, ZSS and Ike?
I second mained Ganondorf in Melee and I'm used to playing Playat's Ganondorf, so anything else seems rather pathetic. You really need to work on his recovery.
Ike is okay. Learn to edgeguard better and make use of his few quick attacks and you can be pretty good with him.
I really don't know how to make your ZSS better. I've never used her in anything and I rarely play her so I don't know any real tips to her. As far as I can tell though, she's your best character at the moment.

Gamree

Um, thanks, but those were okay matches I thought, except for the hilarious parts; I felt really rusty tonight.

Quote from: Nayrman on June 15, 2009, 08:34:07 PM
Gamree: You're much better than I remember.

Really?  I thought I did better last time we 1 v 1'd... O_o

You're DDD is really good, if slightly abusive (one of the many reasons I hate S-tier characters, and yes I realize the irony that I use Snake).

Thanks, DDD is my best char.  Stupid controller lag kept thinking my utilts and side tilts were smashes, though.  Don't worry, he'll be much, much better next time we brawl.

Although I'll say the same thing to all Diddy players in Wolf's immortal words in Brawl taunts 3: "Gay tripping is GAY"

:P
I forgot my darn Diddy sucks in brawls outside of 1 v 1's, let alone against Snake.  The bananas didn't have quite the effect in those matches I was hoping for... @_@

SSBBrawlin: Dude... did the thought EVER occur to you that maybe, just MAYBE, it would be a good idea to go after the guy?...you STILL felt the incessant urge to go after me for no good reason. Seriously man, learn to prioritize a little.

Actually, I felt annoyed he kept going after me even when you would camp at the edge and laser/grenade/rocket spam.  He also kept interrupting me when I was trying to get you into a combo.  O_o
I think he's just too focused like that, or at least very determined once he chooses someone to go after.

I ESPECIALLY love the Delfino match where I die twice (once via terrible button lag and once via the stage)
;D
Sorry, once I saw you go into that water, I couldn't resist.  I'm actually surprised it hit, that's the first time I actually pulled that off.

FruitFlow

Yikes. You too Gamree?
I seriously need to stop doing that.

Even though I didn't feel it, I got kinda annoyed at my combos getting cut off by both of you.
But that was still fun.

Nayrman

That delfino hit only landed because of that annoying water physics in the game (again, thanks Sakurai).

I think we all suffered terrible button lag (half my Snake deaths were because of it).

Diddy really does suck in 3-4 player matches. I just couldn't get a good read on you. I actually suck against Diddy's, only because I've always faced people who like to do the banana slide and Snake usually isn't fast enough to catch up to him (which is why I tend to choose Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, or Halberd whenever he's being played).

I'll be in better shape to fight your DDD next time. I'm actually better with Sonic against DDD's unless the DDD is a master Waddle Dee tosser. His extremely large hitboxes and slow jumps allow me to just run rampant whenever I get going against him.

I had to lazer and grenade spam in order to keep Brawlin away from me. I love that one match I won with snake though when he was link. Just tossed a grenade out, his up B hit it and it killed him XD

Brawlin, I had to lazer/grenade spam. You didn't leave me much choice when you wouldn't leave me alone when Gamree was dominating. I also use grenades as diversionary tactics, as well as intercepting air attacks from a recovering foe. That little bit of hit lag usually does enough for me to sneak in for the finishing blow. Not tonight though X_X:;

FruitFlow

Wow, really?
That's actually another reason I went only for you.

Whenever I face characters with spam B buttons and they start spamming with them, I find it to be a nuisance and just go all out on them.

And yes, the lag button delay sucked horribly. Another reason I SD a lot with my recoveries.

Next time we fight I'll try not to go only for you.

Gamree

And now, my two cents. ;D

Quote from: Nayrman on June 15, 2009, 09:00:40 PM
I'm used to playing Playat's Ganondorf, so anything else seems rather pathetic.

Amen to that statement.  Anyway, like Nayr said, you need to just work on the recovery.  You seem to have you own fighting style on the ground down well enough (with some more polish needed), but once someone got you off the stage, you didn't seem to fair that well getting back up onto it.  Watch out for stages with those annoying jutting cliff edges that you can get stuck under, like Final Destination and Pokemon Stadium.  For Ike, just learn how to speed up with him and overcome his lack of speed.  Use both his quicker attacks (like bair) and his long reach to mix it up against your opponent.

Also, I use to main Link, if you remember.  I can maybe show you how to become better with him sometime.

Quote from: Nayrman on June 15, 2009, 09:10:51 PM
Diddy really does suck in 3-4 player matches. I just couldn't get a good read on you. I actually suck against Diddy's, only because I've always faced people who like to do the banana slide and Snake usually isn't fast enough to catch up to him (which is why I tend to choose Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, or Halberd whenever he's being played).

I hope you weren't able to read me, because, heck, I couldn't even read myself.  For half of those Diddy matches, not only was lag playing with my mind, but I had no clue how the heck to approach you two in the midst of all that brawling.  I distinctly remember getting caught in a crossfire of Yoshi eggs and Snake grenades on more than one occassion.  O_o I guess I'll just try to remember that my Diddy is only for 1 v 1 matches.

Quote from: Nayrman on June 15, 2009, 09:10:51 PM
I'll be in better shape to fight your DDD next time. I'm actually better with Sonic against DDD's unless the DDD is a master Waddle Dee tosser. His extremely large hitboxes and slow jumps allow me to just run rampant whenever I get going against him.

Good, you might need it.  My King usually gives most people around here a good workout. ;D