News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Why are the Pokemon creators focusing so much on spin-offs?

Started by bluaki, January 11, 2009, 01:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluaki

In terms of real pokemon games, the only thing we're expecting is the third entry in the Diamond/Pearl set. We're not expecting anything like a Gold/Silver remake, a 5th generation, or any other normal pokemon RPG. Not even a 3D RPG like Colloseum/XD.
Yet, according to Serebii (look at their two most recent news entries), we're probably (not 100% confirmed) already getting info on a third Mystery Dungeon game. Making it be the second one released since the newest known entry in the main series (assuming that they don't have a main game announced and released quickly or anything like that).

jnfs2014

Um....that ISN'T good. Even though I'm a huge PMD fan, they JUST released Time/Darkness last April.

Lol, $5 says it will suck.

ThePowerOfOne

I like PMD and all... But I still want a G/S/C remake >_>

I mean, what. The. Fuck. Is stopping them from making one? Greedy bastards.

Juliette

Its all money.  They're published by Nintendo, what do you expect?

Gwen Khan

because you "hardcore" people keep whining how Nintendo keeps doing the same thing over and over again and demand something different and when they do give you something different you still ninny

Lotos

I dislike how they made two versions.  I feel like I'm missing something, therefore, I didn't even bother to buy the first one.

bluaki

PMD3 is confirmed now, by the way.
http://serebii.net/dungeonsky/
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. Expected Spring 2009 in Japan.
(there's only one, not two versions?)

Regardless, we need a real Pokemon game. We only have Platinum coming, which Japan has has for months now, with no other main game info.
Quote from: Commissar Torgo on January 11, 2009, 06:50:25 PM
because you "hardcore" people keep whining how Nintendo keeps doing the same thing over and over again and demand something different and when they do give you something different you still ninny
Dunno about other users, but I'm satisfied with the way the main series is, in the way of saying I don't want a whole lot of change. New pokemon and region each generation, with same gymleader+elitefour system of progress, seems good to me. Too much change, though, like removing gym leaders, elite four, and wild encounters in the GCN games is something I would complain about. Or the spin-offs that aren't remotely similar to the real Pokemon games.
I'd rather have a Gold/Silver remake, with just a few changes like Firered/Leafgreen had, than any of the Ranger or Mystery Dungeon games.

Level_9_Chao

I would honestly really love a new, official Pokemon game made with old Gameboy hardware (lol won't happen). I love all the versions, and I don't know whether it was because I was 6 when I picked up Red or what. But the older versions were less complex. It seems with the DS, Pokemon's becoming too high-tech. Maybe I'm weird and think it was MADE to be 8-bit. :-\

As for spin-offs, I loved Snap and such but it seems spinoffs are getting too tiresome. Never tried PMD. Is it actually worth playing?
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

bluaki

Quote from: Level_9_Chao on January 23, 2009, 12:40:06 PM
As for spin-offs, I loved Snap and such but it seems spinoffs are getting too tiresome. Never tried PMD. Is it actually worth playing?
Snap is awesome. It and Pinball were the only spin-offs I liked, not counting Stadium nor the GCN games (since they're kinda relevent to the main series).
I tried PMD for a bit and disliked it. Same for Ranger.

jnfs2014

I'm probably going to get it for Riolu(Lucas) and Torchic(Jason).