News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Scramble is headed our way

Started by Macawmoses, September 03, 2009, 11:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

I can't find the source, but I know it's true. And I think they're calling it Pok?mon Rumble.

Which really brings up the question - will this be a purchase for you? While it IS what we wanted, it also isn't. There are so many disappointing factors involved. Nonetheless, it looks interesting, so this will likely be a first day dl for me...

JrDude

Serebii is a source of this info.

And I may or may not download this, depends on how much and how good the hype is.
[move][/move]
Dude .

RX-78-2

What's "Scramble", and how is it going to be associated with Pok?mon?
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

bluaki

Quote from: Still TerribleFrog on September 04, 2009, 04:02:45 PM
What's "Scramble", and how is it going to be associated with Pok?mon?
Japanese name is loosely translated to "Melee! Pokemon Scramble!" which is simply shortened to scramble. Now it has the official english name "Pokemon Rumble"

It's a WiiWare Pokemon spin-off game. Using real-time battling and a variety of major changes to pokemon tradition, it's pretty much two modes where one can either explore typical adventure areas and battle masses of opponents at once.

RX-78-2

Quote from: Bluaki on September 04, 2009, 06:28:07 PM
Japanese name is loosely translated to "Melee! Pokemon Scramble!" which is simply shortened to scramble. Now it has the official english name "Pokemon Rumble"

It's a WiiWare Pokemon spin-off game. Using real-time battling and a variety of major changes to pokemon tradition, it's pretty much two modes where one can either explore typical adventure areas and battle masses of opponents at once.
Thanks, I just looked it up on the Pok?mon website, but I didn't know about that name. I can't really judge it now, but it looks okay I guess.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Still TerribleFrog on September 07, 2009, 11:17:19 AM
Thanks, I just looked it up on the Pok?mon website, but I didn't know about that name. I can't really judge it now, but it looks okay I guess.
I'm entirely disappointed the idea is as limited as it is...but I'm willing to give it a shot.

RX-78-2

Quote from: Rhadamanthus on September 08, 2009, 06:52:20 PM
I'm entirely disappointed the idea is as limited as it is...but I'm willing to give it a shot.
How is it limited? Are there only two game modes or something? Is it repetitive? I need to research this. Maybe a demo or renting would be good.

bluaki

Quote from: Still TerribleFrog on September 10, 2009, 01:18:07 PM
How is it limited? Are there only two game modes or something? Is it repetitive? I need to research this. Maybe a demo or renting would be good.
A number of ways it may be considered limited that I know of:
1. Each pokemon can only have 2 moves, not 4
2. Yes, it is said to be somewhat repetitive. It's pretty much two modes; adventure and battle.
3. It currently only features Kanto and Sinnoh pokemon; nothing between 152-386
4. Loss of a ton of game mechanics from the main turn-based games. I'm not even sure whether evolution is featured in it but I doubt it.

Also, this is a WiiWare game. Renting is completely impossible for such a game. A demo, however, is theoretically possible but the sort of thing that Nintendo wouldn't actually do.

JrDude

Quote from: Bluaki on September 10, 2009, 04:58:28 PM
A number of ways it may be considered limited that I know of:
1. Each pokemon can only have 2 moves, not 4
2. Yes, it is said to be somewhat repetitive. It's pretty much two modes; adventure and battle.
3. It currently only features Kanto and Sinnoh pokemon; nothing between 152-386
4. Loss of a ton of game mechanics from the main turn-based games. I'm not even sure whether evolution is featured in it but I doubt it.

Also, this is a WiiWare game. Renting is completely impossible for such a game. A demo, however, is theoretically possible but the sort of thing that Nintendo wouldn't actually do.
I think I read somewhere on Serebii that said evolution was possible somehow, but I forget.
[move][/move]
Dude .