News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

HeartGold/SoulSilver = WAY Different Than Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Started by JrDude, September 09, 2009, 12:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

NEW ADDITION SPOILERS!

Originally, G/S/C was just R/B/G but with another region and new Pok?mon. HG/SS is almost completely changed. Now, EVERY Starter Pok?mon is available to you at some point in the game, excluding the D/P/Pt starters.

Now, Entei and Raikou are unchanged basically, but Suicune has completely changed. Suicune will be found in 4 specific spots in the same order every time, but not in the wild. Another thing is the Pok?mon from FR/LG, they will all be available again and in the same places, except Moltres who has moved to the border of Kanto/Johto.

And that's not even all of it, but I will leave it at that.
So how do you feel with these changes done?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Gwen Khan

just a few minor changes, so it's more like Crystal then with Suicune?

bluaki

Quote from: JrDude ♫ on September 09, 2009, 12:50:19 AM
Originally, G/S/C was just R/B/G but with another region and new Pok?mon. HG/SS is almost completely changed. Now, EVERY Starter Pok?mon is available to you at some point in the game, excluding the D/P/Pt starters.
Well, only one pokemon out of each of the three sets is obtainable in a single game file.
Quote from: JrDude ♫ on September 09, 2009, 12:50:19 AMbut Suicune has completely changed. Suicune will be found in 4 specific spots in the same order every time, but not in the wild.
Actually, that's exactly how it was in crystal. I don't really like this though; Suicune shouldn't be any more special than the other two legendary dogs.
Quote from: JrDude ♫ on September 09, 2009, 12:50:19 AMAnother thing is the Pok?mon from FR/LG, they will all be available again and in the same places, except Moltres who has moved to the border of Kanto/Johto.
Well, Moltres was near the border of Kanto and Johto in Red/Green/Blue/Yellow being in Victory Road. Mt. Silver isn't very far from that if I remember correctly.

Other things about the legendaries to note: Mewtwo is obtainable the same exact way as it was in FR/LG. After obtaining all badges and entering the Cerulean Cave.

In addition to two of the the dogs roaming Johto, Latios and Latias will both be roaming Kanto in every game, unlike the Hoenn games where only one is roaming and the other may be obtained via an Eon Ticket promotion item.

And what we've known for a long time, Ho-oh, Lugia, Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza are also all obtainable in the games.

Essentially, HG/SS will completely eliminate any need for connection to 3rd gen games in terms of non-event legendaries.
The only exceptions to this are... Regirock, Regice, and Registeel. The only known way to obtain them in 4th gen is to get a special event-exclusive Regigigas. Adding in Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Deoxys as unobtainable outside events, this makes 14/21 of the Kanto/Johto/Hoenn legendaries obtainable in HG/SS alone.

Of course, the non-legendary non-starter Pokemon are probably all also obtainable between D/P/HG/SS. Kanto's addition is likely to include all 150 Kanto pokemon and the Hoenn pokemon already have the PokeRadar in D/P and probably some new feature in HG/SS about them.

JrDude

OHLOOK AT SEREBII!
Remember my OLD OLD thread that contained the main people being in Rocket/Aqua/Magma/Galactic costumes? Well looks like my vision cam true! On Serebii, there is a picture of the main guy in a Team Rocket costume.
AWESOMES!

EDIT: They also modified the Pok?dex a bit, it now has D/P/Pt Pok?mon (only for the ones that evolve with a certain move, like Aipom [I think])
[move][/move]
Dude .

Qsmash

I also hear that you can switch from the new BGM to the old ones. Not 100% on that though.

bluaki

Quote from: Q on September 11, 2009, 06:37:20 PM
I also hear that you can switch from the new BGM to the old ones. Not 100% on that though.
The only game I've heard anything like that for is Cave Story Wii.

Dog Food

Question: So you can play through Kanto, obtain all the badges, go through Johto, obtain all the badges, etc? Or can you just visit Kanto to obtain some of the other Pokemon?

Because if you can go through all the regions, that would be sweet. They need a game like that.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

The Riddler

Quote from: Dog Food on September 12, 2009, 08:29:38 AM
Question: So you can play through Kanto, obtain all the badges, go through Johto, obtain all the badges, etc? Or can you just visit Kanto to obtain some of the other Pokemon?

Because if you can go through all the regions, that would be sweet. They need a game like that.
If the game stays the same as Gold/Silver/Crystal, you start in Johto, collect the badges, take on the E4, move to Kanto which has changed a bit, repeat cycle.

bluaki

It only features Johto and Kanto. You start in Johto, obtain its 8 badges, defeat an Elite Four which is located just on the Kanto-Johto border, then explore Kanto and obtain its 8 badges. Kanto itself is changed in a number of ways from what it was like in Firered/Leafgreen. Unlike the original G/S/C games, most caves/forests/etc in Kanto are still intact and Kanto's legendaries are all obtainable and you are able to obtain a Kanto starter from Oak (and a Hoenn starter as well even later).

RX-78-2

I've ALWAYS thought that. It would need all Pok?mon too.

As for the changes, I don't mind. I might have a different opinion if I had any of the 2nd generation games, though.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Lotos

Quote from: Q on September 11, 2009, 06:37:20 PM

I saw that under their day two coverage.

QuoteEdit @ 17:10; Not a discovery by us, but it appears there is an item called the GB Player which converts the music in-game to their original scores from the original games. We're looking in on how to get this item

I hope it's true...

Qsmash

Quote from: Qsmash on September 11, 2009, 06:37:20 PM
found it