News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Who here waches anime?

Started by Miiman56, February 03, 2008, 11:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miiman56

If you do what are your favorites. You can list hentai but NO LINKS TO THEM.

Personally i prefer less known anime like: Maburaho,Clube-To-Deth-Angel, or Magikano.
o cant forget Negima. :)

Kaz

We can list hentai? el oh el

Most hentai series or movies aren't entertaining enough to have in a favorites list. Even the ones that are really well done, like Beat Angel Escalayer, are still pretty cheesy and not up to par with traditional anime.

Anyway, my favorite animes are Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Paranoia Agent, Rozen Maiden, Gunslinger Girl, and Azumanga Daioh.

My favorite anime movie ever is Grave of the Fireflies.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Miiman56

Yea I'm not the only one I'm usually called a Geek or a little kid for watching anime.They say anime is equivalent to cartoons.

Kaz

Quote from: Miiman56 on February 03, 2008, 12:20:22 PM
Yea I'm not the only one I'm usually called a Geek or a little kid for watching anime.They say anime is equivalent to cartoons.

Well, many animes are basically just cartoons, since "anime" to the Japanese is just a term for animation in general (even stuff that's not Japanese). Lots of animes are geared toward younger kids.

But of course, an awful lot of anime is also geared toward older people. Honestly, I don't see how anyone can deny the value of some anime, especially movies. Anyone should be able to watch a Miyazaki film and like it, whether it's anime or not. Anyone should be able to see the depth and symbolism in Evangelion, or the human values displayed in Cowboy Bebop.

It's really annoying how many people shut out foreign art forms just because they're foreign.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

THEEVILSPERKY

My overall favorite is without a doubt, FLCL.  I can't begin to describe how amazing and beautiful it is.  It's perfect is what it is.
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite

major tom

Quote from: Miiman56 on February 03, 2008, 12:20:22 PM
Anime = cartoons.

It's like J-pop. Just because it's Japanese doesn't mean it's not a cartoon.

Zovistograt

I do, and thankfully most of my friends irl do too :P  I watch mainly comedies with a few just "awesome" ones thrown in.

Favs:

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Shakugan no Shana
Lucky Star
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan (yay fellow fan of that ridiculous ecchi)
FLCL
Rozen Maiden
Azumanga Daioh!
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

mecha_fang

All seasons of Digimon except Frontier, One Piece, BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBo and Pokemon D/P, which is becoming unpredictable.

Light

Favorite Anime (In order of best to worst. Vice versa for Anime Movies.):

Full Metal Alchemist
IGPX
Descendants of Darkness
Bleach (Up until the whole "Save Rukia" thing, which killed the series)

...And that's it, for now.

Best anime movies:

3) Naruto the Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow (Though it was from a hated anime/manga, it was better than the series, and stood out on its own.)
2) Howl's Moving Castle
1) Full Metal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shambala
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Gwen Khan

Azumanga Daioh
FLCL
Full Metal Alchemist
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Outlaw Star

Silly_Penguin

My all time favorite has to be Rurouni Kenshin. Though i also love Full Metal Alchemist, Ouran High School Host Club, and Death Note. (D.N. Angel and Fruits Basket are cool too)
As for anime movies, Samurai X (both Trust & Betrayal and Reflections), Spirited Away, Full Metal Alchemist: The Conqueror of Shamballa, and the Final Fantasy movie Advent Children.

SHUTOKOU BATTLE 89

VERY rare that I do. I'm more into Initial D,Wangan Midnight and maybe the Dragonball series. I CANT stand Pokemon, Yu Gi Oh, or Naruto.

JMV

Boyah Forums | Join Boyah

Triforceman22

Full metal alchemist.
and dragon Ball...:)

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Allegretto

My top favorites

1: Bleach
2:Naruto
3:Full metal alchemist
4:Negima
5:Death note
6:Dragonball Z
7: Rurourni Kenshin
8:The meloncholly of Haruhi Suzumiya
9:Dragonball
10: Fooly Cooly