News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Azumanga Daioh.

Started by Tupin, February 10, 2008, 05:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

I just recently started watching it, (I am about half way through the episodes now) and I must admit, it is awfully funny/cute. :P

I am just wondering if some of the plot elements influenced other animes... *coughcoughluckystarcough*

I guess those just are popular elements in seinen...

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Gwen Khan

its a great anime, have you seen the manga "Yotsuba&"? its by the same guy, it has allot of the same craziness to it, I like this pic

Tupin

Quote from: Commissar Torgo on February 10, 2008, 06:02:15 PM
its a great anime, have you seen the manga "Yotsuba&"? its by the same guy, it has allot of the same craziness to it
I'll have to check that out.

Too bad most of the stores around me don't sell it because it came out years ago.

major tom

I honestly prefer Azumana Shikeru No Toshimoto Dai-kentai.

Tupin

Quote from: Co-Z on February 10, 2008, 07:35:14 PM
Is that the Japanese title?

Or another anime entirely?

Gwen Khan

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on February 10, 2008, 07:40:39 PM
Quote from: Co-Z on February 10, 2008, 07:35:14 PM

I have no idea what that is, I checked google, Wikipedia, and anime news network and found nothing

major tom

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on February 10, 2008, 07:40:39 PM

Quote from: Commissar Torgo on February 10, 2008, 09:20:04 PM
I have no idea what that is, I checked google, Wikipedia, and anime news network and found nothing
I lol'd. You guys made my day.

X_Hero

I love that show. I'm almost done with the whole series. It's hilarious. OSAKA! XD

Zovistograt

Yes, it's pretty obvious that LS may have borrowed a few pointers from Azumanga.  But they're both still amazing imo.

GO TEAM SEA SLUG
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Kaz

Quote from: Zovistograt on February 11, 2008, 12:57:07 PM
Yes, it's pretty obvious that LS may have borrowed a few pointers from Azumanga.  But they're both still amazing imo.

GO TEAM SEA SLUG

It borrowed from both Azumanga and Haruhi, mostly the latter. Not that great of a combo, if you ask me. Lucky Star sucks massively compared to Azumanga.

Also, I just started watching another sort of "school comedy" last night that's pretty weird. Not necessarily in a good way, either. Some of the "randomness" is a little over-the-top, though the weird references to pop culture (even 2chan) are neat. It's called "Pani Poni Dash!"
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.