Main Menu

Lucky Star

Started by Waveburner, April 01, 2008, 07:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

Quote from: Zovistograt on April 02, 2008, 01:43:47 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on April 02, 2008, 01:27:02 PM
Quote from: Zovistograt on April 02, 2008, 01:06:31 PM
LS does pick up...if you can call it that olol...after the first few episodes.  You just have to keep in mind that LS is a true slice-of-life parody comedy, where there is virtually NO action and most things are set in real-world parameters.  That doesn't appeal to some ppl, but to others it is very appealing.  It's a matter of taste.  Shonen-lovers will find it a bit boring, but us seinen addicts enjoy it for the most part. 

Azumanga Daioh! is the same type but has more of a plot and less references.  At the same time, LS uses a brand of situational comedy that ingeniously rides on the border between boredom and entertainment, where the boredom side actually seems laughable in its own sense.  Take the first scene in the first episode for example: the now-infamous food discussion.  It seems like something absolutely ridiculous and a waste of time, but then you start to realize that this is the kind of comedy that you can't help but at least smile at.  That's the great thing about LS: it usually really makes you smile (except for the ending of episode 22 ;_;).
I heard that in the PS2 game (which is like an interactive novel), Konata speaks directly to Kanata's ghost.  :O

Also, some family in Saitama legally changed their last name to Hiiragi, so that should speak for it's popularity in Japan....
wth weird

and I do hope it's a mother, father, and female twins.
Not sure, but that isn't the first time it happened.

Both Shin-Chan and Astro Boy had have fans do this before.

Also, here's footage of the PS2 game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WoYuq2g2FA

It also comes bundled with a fighting game based on the series.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.