News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

And here... we... go!

Started by Light, July 18, 2008, 03:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Light

Just got back from seeing The Dark Knight, and I have to say that Heath Ledger's performance was nothing short of astounding. He perfectly captured the image of the Joker and truly brought him to life on film. Christian Bale also did a great job (minus the fake deep voice he uses whenever he's in the Batman outfit), as well as Aaron Eckhart (Two-Face).

This is most likely the must see movie of the Summer. Discuss.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Jono2

assuming this is a spoiler topic,

I don't think that Two-Face is dead.  If they're making another movie, they need him alive to have any major villans left :P

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Nayrman

I'm hopefully going to see it this weekend...
Jack is always going to be my joker tho X_X;;

Zovistograt

I just saw it today.  Great great movie.  The acting for the Joker and Harvey Dent was amazing, as well was the scripting and the...everything.

At the point where the Joker was hanging upside-down, I actually started to feel light-headed :D

Also, best thing ever of the movie was probably his magic trick concerning the pencil.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Light

Quote from: Zovistograt on July 20, 2008, 04:24:31 PM
Also, best thing ever of the movie was probably his magic trick concerning the pencil.
Best scene I've ever seen in a movie. xD
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Nayrman

The pencil was the one time he was funny.
I guess read my review but yea Heath was amazing.
That upside down part was dizzy cuz they kept moving the freakin camera. When he was falling I was like "not like the 1989 movie again...please don't do the same thing they did X_X;; "

thunderhero4

i thought it was pretty sickening for my tastes, but it was good

Nayrman

Quote from: thunderhero4 on July 20, 2008, 04:27:09 PM
wow...that was sickening for you? Wait til you see Texas Chansaw Massacre and Saw1 and 2...

thunderhero4

Quote from: Nayrman on July 20, 2008, 04:31:11 PM
Quote from: thunderhero4 on July 20, 2008, 04:27:09 PM
wow...that was sickening for you? Wait til you see Texas Chansaw Massacre and Saw1 and 2...
I saw those too, and I comapred this to Saw. It's like a PG-13 version of it.

Java

I loved this movie, if you couldn't tell by my avatar and custom title/personal text. Everything was great.  ;D

Quote from: Jono2 on July 18, 2008, 09:59:53 AM
assuming this is a spoiler topic,

I don't think that Two-Face is dead.  If they're making another movie, they need him alive to have any major villans left :P
I wanted to believe he wasn't dead, but when I thought about it, he has to be dead. If he's alive, that completely undoes the ending. Batman is going to take the blame for Harvey's murders, so there is still hope in Gotham. If Harvey comes back and starts shooting people, then Batman would have taken the blame for nothing and chaos would ensue in Gotham because the most "incorruptible" of them all was seen murdering people.

Riosan

I want to see it, but I really don't want to sit in a movie theater for 2 and a half hours.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

Zovistograt

Quote from: Riosan on July 23, 2008, 04:49:08 AM
I want to see it, but I really don't want to sit in a movie theater for 2 and a half hours.
That is no reason not to see it.  Actually, the best movies are usually over two hours long (with notable exceptions, including Horton Hears a Who!).
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Riosan

Quote from: Zovistograt on July 23, 2008, 04:57:36 AM
That is no reason not to see it. 

Actually, it is. I'm not that hyped, and I have a feeling I'm going to want the movie to be over quickly.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

Zovistograt

Quote from: Riosan on July 23, 2008, 05:19:04 AM
Quote from: Zovistograt on July 23, 2008, 04:57:36 AM
That is no reason not to see it. 

Actually, it is. I'm not that hyped, and I have a feeling I'm going to want the movie to be over quickly.
I'm not a Batman fan at all and I thought this was the best movie I've seen in months.

Triforceman22

It was amazing.

The beginning kicked ass.
Yeah the pencil trick was awesome.

The only problem was that there was this annoying 5 year old sitting next to me.   X_x

I'm gonna watch it again in IMAX...

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!