News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Evangelion...what the hell just happened? @_@;; *spoilers ahead duh*

Started by Nayrman, July 22, 2008, 06:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Okay, just finished watching the show (and End of Evangelion movie...hooray for youtube...) and I am so confused as to what the hell actually happened.
I have a basic understanding of what happened...I....think?
I swear these guys must've been on acid while doing this X_X;;
I just need someone to say if I'm right about this crud or not...I actually hope not or else I feel like I need psychiatric help for understanding that X_X;;
What I think I know:
Rei is "soul" of Lilith (Lilim?) a.k.a. mother of all humankind (or something like that)...and apparently she's aware of it (at least towards the end anyway)
The Eva's are a human-made attempt to...make...Lilith? (Or so it seems with the second and third impacts)
Once Rei joined with "Adam" (a.k.a. freaky seven eye thinga-ma-bober) she became Lilith and all humankind joined into one collective conscious...or something along those lines.
Once Shinji realized he still wanted to be with people (despite fear of getting betrayed) he created some quasi-universe thing with Asuka?
Oh, and Shinji and Asuka are insane because they hate themselves and are paranoid on how they think everyone else ALSO hates them...

*slams head on desk*
Everything was going fine until the last three episodes or so... X_X;;

Riosan

I can't remember much about Evangelion, I need to rewatch the series. What I remember:

[spoiler]Everyone died because of Rei/Lilith, and then joined together to become LCL. Somehow, Asuka and Shinji were the only ones able to either survive, or become humans again from the LCL.[/spoiler]

Believe me, that's the most confusing anime any of you will ever watch.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

Nayrman

Quote from: Riosan on July 23, 2008, 04:47:50 AM
I can't remember much about Evangelion, I need to rewatch the series. What I remember:

[spoiler]Everyone died because of Rei/Lilith, and then joined together to become LCL. Somehow, Asuka and Shinji were the only ones able to either survive, or become humans again from the LCL.[/spoiler]

Believe me, that's the most confusing anime any of you will ever watch.
[spoiler]I think it's because Shinji was in Eva 01 and didn't want everyone he cared about to die...despite pretty much everyone being dead already at that point. So many pretty colors and swirls at the end there...trippy[/spoiler]