News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

What's your opinion on the Beastie Boys?

Started by HTA!, March 17, 2009, 05:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HTA!

I have been and will forever be a fan.
If only for the entertainment factor, they rank pretty high in my favorite artists list.

Rap = Bad, unless its Beastie Boys.

(Think I spelled beastie wrong...)

Pachuri

You wake up late for school and you don't wanna GO
You ask your mom please but she still says NO
You miss two classes and NO HOMEWORK
but your teacher still preaches like your some kind of JERK

YOU GOTTA FIGHT, FOR YOUR RIGHT,
TO PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARTY

Kaz

They're okay. I'm not much of a fan really. When it comes to rap-rock/rapcore, I prefer RATM, but neither are anywhere near my "favorites" of music in general.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

HTA!

Quote from: Kaz on March 19, 2009, 09:54:01 AM
They're okay. I'm not much of a fan really. When it comes to rap-rock/rapcore, I prefer RATM, but neither are anywhere near my "favorites" of music in general.
I don't necessarily think their music is even good. D:
Maybe it just that almost every white person is hardwired to love Fight for the Right.

ThePowerOfOne

I don't love them, but their music is ok. I do like "Brass Monkey", "Fight for Your Right", and "No Sleep till Brooklyn".

Even if they aren't on my top 10 favorite artists list, they are still one of the best hip-hop groups out there. Also, yes, you spelt it right.

noodle976

HTA!

Indigo

Quote from: Sinbad on March 17, 2009, 05:59:29 PM
I have been and will forever be a fan.
If only for the entertainment factor, they rank pretty high in my favorite artists list.

Rap = Bad, unless its Beastie Boys.

(Think I spelled beastie wrong...)
You spelt it correctly, and they are pretty good.

[offtopic][opinion]
They're totally stealing their style from Rage Against The Machine /sarcasm

Anyways, I actually like Rap <_< I listen to Metal, Heavy Metal, Indie, Alternative Rock, Indie Alternative Rock, Progressive Metal, Thrash Metal, Symphonic Progressive Metal, Rap, Jazz Rap, Alternative Rap (Beastie Boys, Flobots, RATM, etc..., Electronica, Techno, and so on.

Even if I don't listen to a specific genre a lot, I'll still listen to it. I'm going to try some heavy metal later today probably. [/offtopic][/opinion]

Everyone always says The Beastie Boys are the only good Rap and it gets on my nerves, that's just one problem with them <_< I mean, a lot if not most Rap does suck, but still <_< It's all opinion I guess. you don't have to make it so blatant or make it seem like a fact though. It hurts my feelings ;-;

It's cool though.

BROOKLYN

HTA!

I'm getting into more old school hip-hop or whatever its called.

Beastie Boys were the start, but I'm looking into other artists now.
None of them within the last then years. D:

tibar21

they have the only rap that i actually would come close to liking.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Indigo

Quote from: Sinbad on April 29, 2009, 04:41:25 PM
I'm getting into more old school hip-hop or whatever its called.

Beastie Boys were the start, but I'm looking into other artists now.
None of them within the last then years. D:
There is good Rap today. Except almost everything and everything on the Radio sucks basically. I like the lyrics a lot in my rap music.

Eizweir

The old Red Hot Chili Peppers was somewhat similar and 999x better.  I personally really dislike them, but I've only heard what has been in the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Indigo

Quote from: [-Xephyr-] on April 30, 2009, 06:51:40 PM
The old Red Hot Chili Peppers was somewhat similar and 999x better.  I personally really dislike them, but I've only heard what has been in the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games.
A lot of people hate "Give It Away" :D Try "Around The World", "Power of Equality", and "Otherside"

As for the thread creator and his Rap dilemma. I think you may like this :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS0R9rDTSHo

Lotos