News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Anime help?

Started by Magnum, June 26, 2009, 01:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnum

I'm stuck right now. I just finished Gurren Lagann again and now I don't know what to watch.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MagnumSonic

I went ahead and just made that list. Should I watch the rest of Azumanga Daioh, or get some of my animes that I have on stand-by, or do you have a suggestion of a really good anime that I should start on.
I prefer fantasy but I do like Slice-of-Life and I actually really like Romance. I'm fine with Mecha but Gundam is the worst anime in my opinion.
So help?

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Nayrman

Quote from: MagnumSonic on June 26, 2009, 01:31:38 PM
I'm stuck right now. I just finished Gurren Lagann again and now I don't know what to watch.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MagnumSonic

I went ahead and just made that list. Should I watch the rest of Azumanga Daioh, or get some of my animes that I have on stand-by, or do you have a suggestion of a really good anime that I should start on.
I prefer fantasy but I do like Slice-of-Life and I actually really like Romance. I'm fine with Mecha but Gundam is the worst anime in my opinion.
So help?
Saw your list. Do NOT watch any of the .hack// shows. All of them besides //Sign are terrible. Sign is tolerable, but it just leaves you more confused than when you started.

Watch Cowboy Bebop... NOW X_X:;

Magnum

Quote from: Nayrman on June 26, 2009, 02:22:11 PM
Saw your list. Do NOT watch any of the .hack// shows. All of them besides //Sign are terrible. Sign is tolerable, but it just leaves you more confused than when you started.

Watch Cowboy Bebop... NOW X_X:;
You were looking at the ones I've completed.
And yeah the other ones really aren't as great as Sign but I do love the .hack series overall. It's my 4th favorite series when everything is combined.

Nayrman

Quote from: MagnumSonic on June 26, 2009, 02:42:17 PM
You were looking at the ones I've completed.
And yeah the other ones really aren't as great as Sign but I do love the .hack series overall. It's my 4th favorite series when everything is combined.
Damn site layout X_X:;

I'd say watch Higurashi no Koro Ni. It's a pretty good show. And since you've watched Elfen Lied, all the violence will seem pretty tame in comparison XD

Magnum

I'm not a big fan of Higurashi. I dropped it after a few episodes. I think that it is actually a way over-hyped anime. It is good, just not that good. And not good enough to make me want to watch it.

So yeah. There are the anime's I've dropped at the bottom also :P

Anarchy_Jas

Quote from: MagnumSonic on June 26, 2009, 03:09:45 PM
I'm not a big fan of Higurashi. I dropped it after a few episodes. I think that it is actually a way over-hyped anime. It is good, just not that good. And not good enough to make me want to watch it.

So yeah. There are the anime's I've dropped at the bottom also :P

WHAT!? BLASPHEMY! *Smack!* You shoulda just finished Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, and went on to watch Higurashi Kai. It is that darn good. xD And so is GitS:SAC.

I'll suggest Kara no Kyokai, Ouran Host Club, FLCL (Fooly Cooly), and FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood (supposed to be closer to the manga).
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."

Fish

You might like Shakugan no Shana I & II. It's action, supernatural, and other genres.
Also if you plan on watching Kanon also check out Clannad. I started to watch Kanon because it's similar to Clannad, but all the site removed the Kanon videos. D: Clannad was really good. It and Toradora! got me back into anime.

Zovistograt

Quote from: Fish on July 05, 2009, 09:50:25 PM
You might like Shakugan no Shana I & II. It's action, supernatural, and other genres.
Also if you plan on watching Kanon also check out Clannad. I started to watch Kanon because it's similar to Clannad, but all the site removed the Kanon videos. D: Clannad was really good. It and Toradora! got me back into anime.
heyyy, you forgot to recommend the first in that triumvirate.

watch Air too.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)