Main Menu

NSFCD Olympics: NSFCD Fan Fiction

Started by Rius, June 06, 2010, 11:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rius

NSFCD Olympics: NSFCD Fan Fic
(logo coming)
Board Member: PsychoYoshi

Greetings, denizens of NSFCD! Welcome to the Contest Thread for NSFCD Fan Fic!

Demonstrate your literary prowess by submitting your fan fiction of our dear forums, NSFCD! To the winner, the rank NSFCD Shakespeare. All users who participate in this contest are guaranteed to be awarded at least 20 points. See the Contest Rules for further details.

When you think about it, our forum has a pretty epic history. Breakaways, betrayals, civil wars, and even romances. As part of the NSFCD Olympics is remembering how great we are/were/maybe will be, this contest will glorify our precious NSFCD for the rest of recorded history. Find your muse and let your words flow freely! All Users are encouraged to participate.

Just some informal advice about this contest:

1. Keep it short. It will be much easier to think of, write, and complete a one-shot fic than an epic poem. There is no length requirements: just use common sense when deciding the balance between feasibility within the time limit and creating a fulfilling story.

2. Don't limit yourself. Feel free to let your imagination run wild. A large percentage of the score is based on how original and creative your story is. Don't like the idea of NSFCD's epic history? Write NSFCD as a high school drama instead! The possibilities are limitless. You are free to make crossovers with other entities or fiction, but remember to keep the main focus of the story NSFCD.

3. Know your characters. If you write PsychoYoshi as a liberal, lovey-dovey optimist (unless your fic is a REALLY good satire), don't expect many points in character presentation. Try to capture the actual personalities of your characters in your story. Also, no copouts - the majority of your characters should be, or heavily based on, NSFCD users.

4. Do not defame active users. We're all familiar with the Snorkel incident, so go at him. However, if you have an excessively negative portrayal of an active user, please use a substitute character instead. While I discourage such portrayals, I realize it's slightly unrealistic considering some events. Authors who write more objectively will likely see better scores, though. In other words, it doesn't pay to demonize someone who isn't Snorkel.

5. Proofread. Grammar and spelling count, so just do it.

6. Keep in mind who's judging. I will be the primary judge for this contest, and PY might stop being difficult and read some. While some shipping is so blatantly obvious on this forum it would be a sin not to write, don't write a SkyMyl/Vaatix fic and expect to get away with it. I would like to point out there will be a later contest for ship fics, so try not to get boxed in by them.

7. Fanservice never hurts. Though all of the judges are either gay or yaoi fangirls, so I wouldn't count on this one too much. Speaking of, if you're intending to write some... racy scenes, all users involved must provide me with their consent. You should also have a PG-13 version that can be published in the thread after judging.

Contest Rules

1. Eligibility - User must have registered for the NSFCD Olympics.

2. Deadline - All Contest Entries must be submitted by Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 11:59 PM CST.

3. Submission - Each User is permitted to submit One (1) Entry to the NSFCD Chairman. Entries must be submitted via PM. Entries are not to be posted in the Contest Thread until the Entry has been scored and notification has been sent to User. It is up to the User to decide whether to receive input from fellow Competitors; however, no discussion, feedback, or review on potential Entries is allowed in the Contest Thread. Users who wish to receive feedback on potential Entries are encouraged to post their Entries for review in the Written Child Board.

3. Judging - Each entry will be judged on a scale of 50 Points. The score breakdown is as follows:

• 50% (25 Points) - Originality/Creativity
  • 20% (10 Points) - Character Representation
  • 20% (10 Points) - Writing Skill
  • 10% (5 Points) - Presentation
The User's Competition Score will be the Contest Score multiplied by 5. Example: A submission receives a score of 10 Points, the User will be awarded 50 Points in the General Competition. The individual(s) with the highest score will receive the maximum Score of 250 Points.

4. Winner Notification - The Winner(s) of the Competition will be officially announced no later than Saturday, July 3, 2010 at 11:59 PM CST.

5. Prizes - All participating Users will receive points based on the scale presented in the Judging section. The Winner(s) will receive the rank NSFCD Shakespeare. Or something more original... let's go with that one for now.

6. General Conditions - All Forum Rules and General Conditions of the NSFCD Olympics apply. Each Entry must also meet the following requirements:

• Entries must be in digital format. Only online entries will be eligible. No print submissions will be accepted for entry into this Contest.
  • The entry, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material written by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted entry is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the entry does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the entry.
  • Published entries must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Chairman, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.

Rius

Night the Lucario

NSFCD fan fiction... intercourse  me with a intercourse ing rubber duck intercourse ing sideways. How you picked the one thing I know nothing about... darn. I'll do this anyway, but expect character death. And by that I mean death of the characters of the people I'll be using. Possibly on an epic level.

Also, WTF is Snorkel?
When one lives by the pen, one dies by the angry characters you misused. But it's too much fun not to!
Forsooth, I AM insane! FEAR ME, YE MORTALS, OR DESPAIR AT MY INSANITY! *insane cackling*
Ahem. Anyone have an RP? I need an outlet for my randomness. ;D
Think another thought, dream another dream, live another lie.
I'm writing poetry. Anyone have a request?
I'm Night the Lucario. Although that should be obvious. Just look at the sig. Or title and PT.

SkyMyl

I'm not sure if I should participate. I probably won't, due to my lack of writing talent.

Quote from: Night the Lucario on June 06, 2010, 11:47:38 AM
Also, WTF is Snorkel?
The tl;dr version: Snorkel was an Admin who sold the site for $$$$ back in '08. He's now considered an poop hole.

Night the Lucario

When one lives by the pen, one dies by the angry characters you misused. But it's too much fun not to!
Forsooth, I AM insane! FEAR ME, YE MORTALS, OR DESPAIR AT MY INSANITY! *insane cackling*
Ahem. Anyone have an RP? I need an outlet for my randomness. ;D
Think another thought, dream another dream, live another lie.
I'm writing poetry. Anyone have a request?
I'm Night the Lucario. Although that should be obvious. Just look at the sig. Or title and PT.

Silverhawk79

The Riddler

Since the main thread said I won, I suppose I can post.

I APOLOGIZE TO THE READERS IF I MISSED SOMEONE. IT WAS HARD MAKING SURE I GOT PEOPLE INCLUDED ;_;

It is Christmas time in the NSFCD household. Everything is a little hectic this time of year, you see, since everyone puts their chores off until the last minute. Let's peer in, see how they're all doing.

Silver, father of the NSFCD household, was setting up the decorations. He had already put up the tree, but it was rather crooked. At the moment he was stringing up lights.

Riddler: Dad! DAD!

Silver dropped the lights, causing a number of them to break.

Silver: ಠ_ಠ WHAT?!
Light: When will Uncle Mack get here?
Silver: I don't know, he should be here soon. It'll be the first time you two have seen him since you were babies! Do you remember what he looks like?
Riddler and Light: NOPE!

The two ran off. Riddler and Light are twins. The two are very alike, even if they don't realize it.

Silver cleaned up the broken lights and sighed.

-----------------------

The twins ran upstairs to Skymyl's room. Without knocking, they opened the door. Skymyl is standing at the window with binoculars.

Skymyl: AHHH. WHY DIDN'T YOU KNOCK?
Riddler: We don't have to. We're older.
Light: Whatcha doin?
Skymyl: NOTHING.

Under his breath he said something about a girl.

Light: What did you say?
Skymyl: What? Nothing!
Riddler: Sounded like you said you were peeping on KJ next door.
Skymyl: WHAT?! NO!

Under his breath he said something about being a liar.

Light: Then why the binoculars?
Skymyl: GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT

The twins giggled and ran out of the room.
-----------------

Throughout the day, the NSFCD household had many visitors. The neighbor couple PsychoYoshi and Rius came caroling, "Don we now our gay apparel, fa la la..."  Bluaki from down the road brought cookies for the family. Doodle stopped by to smash the family's snowman, but was stopped by his buddy Kilroy, who convinced Doodle to make snow angels with him instead. JrDude came out of the NSFCD house to join the pair. Zovi drove by the house in his bus and blasted some Christmas beats.

-------------------

After Silver had cleaned up the broken light bulbs, he hung the cards he received on the front door, including one from cousin ThirdKoopa, who unfortunately was stuck in Dubai and couldn't visit this year. Magnum had sent a rather large card, exclaiming "HAPPY HANNUKAH!" Red7js sent a card with an image of himself on it, wearing nothing but a Santa hat and a red thong.

Riddler and Light again came in distracting their father.

Riddler: Dad!

Silver accidentally ripped the card he got from Snorkel, but then he thought to himself,
"Oh well."
Silver: WHAT?
Light: Can we have an early present?
Riddler: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE?
Silver: Well, I can't do that, you have to wait for Santa!
Riddler and Light: BUT WE WANT IT NOW!!
Silver: I'm sorry boys. But if it counts for anything, there are cookies in the kit-

Before he could even finish his sentence, Riddler was already all over the treat. Everyone in the house knew how much Riddler loved cookies.

-------------------

Nighttime drew nearer, and the household quieted down. Only a few more hours until it was officially Christmas.
Grandpa Super relaxed in front of the television, drinking eggnog and humming a Christmas tune. Aunt Shujinco and Uncle Night tucked in their son, JrDude, after reading him "The Night Before Christmas."

Riddler and Light waited anxiously, dying to find out what they would get for presents. They had felt they had been good boys all year and expected something great. Skymyl had already fallen asleep and was dreaming about the girl next door.

-----------------------

As the NSFCD household slept, Mystic Claus dropped in through the chimney. Wearing a chain in his pocket and a single white glove, he brought the spirit of the King of Pop into Christmas.
Mystic: HE HE HE, MERRY CHRISTMAS, SHAMON!

Mystic ate the cookies that were left out and left presents under the tree, then walked out the front door.

-----------------

The clock struck 6AM and Silver wasn't yet awake. His broken alarm clock clearly wasn't going to wake him up. But that didn't matter, as Riddler and Light came rushing into the room.
Riddler: WAKE UP DAD!
Light: IT'S CHRISTMAS!

The twins ran around the house waking every family member up. Grandpa Super headed straight for the fridge to find the nog, Jrdude woke up his parents, and Skymyl staggered out to the living room half asleep.

Riddler and Light eagerly opened their presents, only to be shocked by what they found.
Riddler: WHAT?!
Light: IS THIS A JOKE?
The boys had found coal in their boxes.
Riddler: Coal? But.. But...
Light: I was a good boy...

Skymyl opened his present quietly. His eyes quickly widened. In his box was a large stack of Yuri magazines.
Skymyl: This is the best Christmas EVER!!!

The doorbell rang. Silver opened the door to find the next door neighbor girl had stopped by.  He invited her in.
KJ: I just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas!
She entered the house and  Skymyl turned dark red. As KJ walked around the house giving everyone a hug, he hid his blushing face.
KJ: "Skymyl? Aren't you gonna come say hi to me?"
He looked up. She was standing under the mistletoe. He walked over nervously, and she gave him a kiss on the cheek. Under his breath he said something about the greatest Christmas.

Aunt Shujinco and Uncle Night watched as JrDude opened up his presents in delight.
Grandpa Super was beginning to run out of eggnog.

Riddler and Light were rather upset. Their brother got amazing gifts, but they got coal? They whined and complained until Silver couldn't take it anymore.

Silver: KIDS! KIDS! KIDS! It was a joke! Look under the tree!
The twins looked and were surprised to find another present for each. For Riddler, it was a toy heart. For Light, a toy brain. The two were vastly confused, but it soon made sense. Riddler was rather mean at times, and Light often acted without thinking. They hugged their dad and thanked him, realizing this was a true gift.

The doorbell rang again. Silver opened the door to reveal Uncle Mack had finally made it! But... why was his face wrapped up?

Silver: Brother! Is everything ok?
Riddler: Uncle Mack!  Why is your face wrapped up?
Mack: This, my dear family, is a mystery for another day. I'll explain later.
Light: But I don't remember what you look like!
Mack: Don't you worry, you'll see someday. Anyway, Merry Christmas everyone!

The End.

Notes: Shuji gave me permission to call him "Aunt", Light gave me permission to call him brainless.

Magnum

That was pretty intercourse ing awesome Rob.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change