News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

NSFCD Olympics: NSFCD Signature

Started by Rius, June 06, 2010, 04:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rius

NSFCD Olympics: NSFCD Signatures
(logo coming)
Board Member: Silverhawk79

Greetings, denizens of NSFCD! Welcome to the Contest Thread for NSFCD Signatures!

Utilize your Gimping skills to create a fabulous signature for NSFCD. This is the art contest that focuses more on skill and ability. To the winner, 250 competition points and the rank NSFCD Picasso. All users who participate in this contest are guaranteed to be awarded at least 15 points. See the Contest Rules for further details.

Contest Theme: NSFCD - Create a signature for a user, (NSFCD) who personifies these forums.

Message signatures have become pretty standard fare on the Internet. From forum posts to corporate emails, signatures can be found in every corner of the Internet that isn't 4chan. At Nintendo Nsider, we all have those cherished memories of borderline spam posts, just for the purpose of ranking up to Koopa so we could share our signatures with the world. While signatures seem to have lost their fanaticism due to no rank requirements, these images and quotes help define who we are on the Internet. In this contest, users will create a stylized, image signature for a personification of NSFCD. All Users are encouraged to participate.

Some advice for this contest:
1. This is a legal signature. That means the signature should meet a forum signature file size and parameter guidelines.
2. This is a contest of skill. I don't mean to scare anyone off, but this contest means to evaluate the abilities of the entrants. A creative idea will only get you so far. There will be another opportunity for signatures judged on creativity.
3. Personify NSFCD. I would advise against making a signature and putting 'NSFCD' on it. Create your own image of what NSFCD is and build your signature around that personality. If done well, your personification of NSFCD should come out in your signature.
4. Seek input from others. While it does not have to be NSFCD users, I would recommend seeking input from other signature makers. Maybe your signature has too much negative space, but you did not realize it. That lens flare effect is actually distracting attention from the rest of the picture. Seeking review from your peers will make your end product very strong.

Contest Rules

1. Eligibility - User must have registered for the NSFCD Olympics.

2. Deadline - All Contest Entries must be submitted by Thursday, July 1, 2010 at 11:59 PM CST.

3. Submission - Each User is permitted to submit One (1) Signature to the NSFCD Chairman. Signatures must be submitted via PM. Signatures are not to be posted in the Contest Thread until the Signature has been scored and notification has been sent to User. It is up to the User to decide whether to receive input from fellow Competitors; however, no discussion, feedback, or review on potential Signatures is allowed in the Contest Thread. Users who wish to receive feedback on potential Signatures are encouraged to post their Signatures for review in the GFX Feedback Thread.

3. Judging - Each entry will be judged on a scale of 50 Points. The score breakdown is as follows:

• 50% (25 Points) - Technique
  • 20% (10 Points) - Presentation
  • 20% (10 Points) - NSFCD Elements
  • 10% (5 Points) - Originality/Creativity
The User's Competition Score will be the Contest Score multiplied by 5. Example: A submission receives a score of 10 Points, the User will be awarded 50 Points in the General Competition. The individual(s) with the highest score will receive the maximum Score of 250 Points.

4. Winner Notification - The Winner(s) of the Competition will be officially announced no later than Saturday, July 3, 2010 at 11:59 PM CST.

5. Prizes - All participating Users will receive points based on the scale presented in the Judging section. The Winner(s) will receive the rank NSFCD Picasso. Or something more original... let's go with that one for now.

6. General Conditions - All Forum Rules and General Conditions of the NSFCD Olympics apply. Each Entry must also meet the following requirements:

• Signatures must be in digital format. Only online signatures will be eligible. No print submissions will be accepted for entry into this Contest.
  • The signature, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material created by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted entry is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the entry does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the entry.
  • Signatures must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Chairman, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.

Rius

The Riddler

Since the main thread said I won, I suppose I can post.

My submission is in my signature.