News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Batman: The Dark Knight Rises

Started by Nayrman, October 27, 2010, 04:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Ok, so Batman 3 has a title. Also, Riddler WILL NOT be the villain. Wait, what?

Alright, so no Joker, Two-Face, Scarecrow (underused TWICE, so I doubt he'll have a role), Rha's al Ghul (assuming no immortality shenanigans show up), Penguin, or Riddler. So that basically leaves.... Catwoman, Catwoman, or Catwoman? Just to note, I'm basically throwing out any villains that have super powers of some kind (Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, Clayface, etc.) since unless they're really stretched, they don't seem to fit into Nolan's Bat-verse here. Well, I suppose Hugo Strange could work if done right. But wow, no Riddler? I was really looking forward to that.

Update: Tom Hardy as Harvey Bullock seems to be seen on IMDB, and a new female lead has begun it's search. Catwoman is the obvious idea here, but no confirmation. Killer Croc's name has been tossed around but no solid evidence...so far.

Cornwad

Yeah, I'm expecting Hugo Strange working with the Gotham police force to track down Bats, probably with them figuring out who Bruce is at some point. Also, it's not in 3D, which is awesome. I can't wait.

Neerb

I want Hush and Talia Al Ghul. That would be mind blowingly awesome.

Mystic

The Riddler

>No Riddler
>Lost interest.

I was dying for Riddler.

I heard Philip Seymour Hoffman was gonna be Penguin.

Neerb

Quote from: It's ROBBIE! on October 27, 2010, 08:31:28 PM
>No Riddler
>Lost interest.

I was dying for Riddler.

I heard Philip Seymour Hoffman was gonna be Penguin.

That was back in like, 2008. Hoffman himself dismissed the rumor in the interview; he talked like he didn't even know who the Penguin was.

The Riddler

Eh, whatever. No Riddler means no interest from me. I didn't really like the first movie, and the second one was great because of Heath/Joker.

Plus, the name is lame.

Nayrman

Well, we got some more news. Tom Hardy seems to be playing Harvey Bullock, and a new female lead is being looked into (Catwoman is the obvious idea here). Also, what I find particularly interesting is that Killer Croc's name seems to have been passed around a little bit. Guh... of all the villains he's one of the ones I'd like to see least.

Shujinco2

Hoping for Clayface, Poison Ivy or Harley Quinn.

But that last one wouldn't make much sense.

The Riddler

Quote from: Shujinco2 on October 28, 2010, 04:09:02 PM
Hoping for Clayface, Poison Ivy or Harley Quinn.

But that last one wouldn't make much sense.
Clayface and Poison Ivy don't feel like they'd fit, and Harley Quinn without Joker is kinda pointless.

Penguin seems to make the most sense right now.

Nayrman

Quote from: It's ROBBIE! on October 28, 2010, 06:17:40 PM
Clayface and Poison Ivy don't feel like they'd fit, and Harley Quinn without Joker is kinda pointless.

Penguin seems to make the most sense right now.
We've already confirmed Penguin isn't gonna be in it.

The Riddler

Quote from: Nayrman on October 28, 2010, 06:38:33 PM
We've already confirmed Penguin isn't gonna be in it.
We've confirmed PSH won't be in it.
Never said anything about Penguin.

Nayrman

Quote from: It's ROBBIE! on October 28, 2010, 06:45:28 PM
We've confirmed PSH won't be in it.
Never said anything about Penguin.

An actor thought to be interested in playing the Penguin (forgot who exactly, I'll see if I can find the report) in an interview said he's not so much as even gotten word that Penguin was in it.

I know that's not hard confirmation, but still...

The Riddler

Quote from: Nayrman on October 28, 2010, 06:56:01 PM
An actor thought to be interested in playing the Penguin (forgot who exactly, I'll see if I can find the report) in an interview said he's not so much as even gotten word that Penguin was in it.

I know that's not hard confirmation, but still...
It was a rumor about him being debunked. That has nothing to do with the possibility of Penguin being in it or not.

Cornwad

Sweet, Bullock is in it? The plot has to have something to do with police and Batman fighting now. Maybe Catwoman will try to tempt him to the dark side or something.