News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

MARCHIN' BAND!

Started by metroidhunter777, November 04, 2010, 06:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metroidhunter777

ohai guise

So, chances are we've all been in a marching band at some point. Or at least some of us have. Some interesting times we've all had with that, I'm sure, but what sort of experiences did you have? Awesome years, not so awesome years, awesome directors, not so awesome directors?

This year, we're still kinda suck, but way better than last year, thanks to our new director! He's an awesome guy, knows exactly what he's doing, and veteran of the DCI corps The Cavaliers (look them up on YouTube, they're awesome), which I'm gonna audition for in two weeks.

I know marching season's all but done, but what say you?

Macawmoses

I had idiot directors that wrecked the experience for me. It led me to drifting towards jazz and solo work, which is probably for the best.

Cornwad

Sounds like your experience is the exact opposite of mine. Our band is in the smallest division, I'm a drum major but I don't get to conduct because we need all the sound we can get, and we got a new band director recently but she's like 5 years older than us and really terrible. The good news though is that we have one awesome instructor who was in the Cadets for a few years and actually knows what he's doing and we're on track to be in the top three or so at finals. Not a bad senior year. 

Good luck with the Calavaliers, they're pretty awesome.

WOOOOOO we got 3rd our of 28 or whatever at finals, and we beat the dirty Rusky band that I hate. Best senior year ever.