Charizard
Lv 53
No item
Moves: Fire Fang, Flamethrower, Dragon Rage Dragon Claw

Giratina
Lv 48
No item
Moves: Ominous Wind, ActientPower, Dragon Claw

I know That Staraptor and Steelix need to level up.

Nayrman

Frankly, they need to be higher level than that (lvl 50 for all is basically the minimum I would suggest unless you REALLY want to buy a ton of healing items).
But as far as the E4 goes, not a single one of them is difficult besides the champion like always.
Just be sure to have something to take down Flint's Magmortar goes, as that was the only one I had problems with (Girantia alone will destroy the Psychic dude after him).
Just be sure to use Girantia as your punching bag too, in case you need to heal the dude you need.

Kaso

Change the moveset on Gyarados. Have it learn Ice Fang. Gyarados' Sp. Atk is so bad compared to its other stats, and you have Hydro Pump, Fire Blast, and Hyper Beam's types covered already.

I went through the E4 with all pokemon under 50, but only because i had excellent type matchups and ~30 hyper potions and ~40 revives.

jnfs2014

Yeah, Ice Fang would do good.

How do you have a Charizard?

Nayrman

Quote from: JNFS2014 on May 19, 2009, 05:49:44 PM
Yeah, Ice Fang would do good.

How do you have a Charizard?
I think you can still technically see Spiritomb without having to fight Sylvia so you can get the National Dex before the E4, although I don't know why you would do that or what purpose it could possibly serve X_X:;

chaosgear

a friend must have given it to him.

i recommend getting rid of steelix. i tried using them and...i guess my strategies just dont work for them. suckish attack and special, the only thing going for it was defense. and i dont do defense strategies. perhaps an electric type? they are only weak to ground. get one to have magnet rise and all your problems are solved!

jnfs2014

But Magneton/zone is weak to Fire and Fighting.

chaosgear

there are other electric types that can learn magnet rise. the move tutors in platinum can teach the pikas, the mareeps, electabuzz/vire, etc.