Administrative shuffling.

Started by Judas, January 04, 2008, 07:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PsychoYoshi

Quote from: mackormoses on January 05, 2008, 06:08:31 PM
Quote from: Totla on January 05, 2008, 06:07:52 PM
Quote from: mackormoses on January 05, 2008, 06:04:39 PM
Why is their a mod fight?
Because GM tried to attack PY, but PY raped him.
with tentacles? D:

Too Japanese. I prefer good, old-fashioned bumsecks. <3

Macawmoses

NOA_ANDY

Quote from: PsychoYoshi on January 05, 2008, 06:01:02 PM
Quote from: Gamemaster1379 on January 05, 2008, 05:55:28 PM
Quote from: PsychoYoshi on January 05, 2008, 05:37:47 PM
Quote from: Gamemaster1379 on January 05, 2008, 05:35:57 PM
Quote from: mackormoses on January 05, 2008, 05:34:46 PM
Quote from: Gamemaster1379 on January 05, 2008, 05:31:34 PM
...Question of curiosity...why was I decided to be the one demoted when I have been able to put more activity in than Phantom?  Don't take it that I have anything against Phantom, he truly is a great MOD, but I simply haven't seen activity out of him at all. :(
Bud :(

Don't whine, it makes you look bad ;)

:(

I suppose you overlooked the "question of curiosity"? :P

And you could have PM'd any of the admins instead of posting it publicly. ^_^

I'm not sure what you have against me PsychoYoshi, but you are the first person on Nsiderforums/Nsider2 that I have truly despised. :|  I see your little trick of leaving me out of the staff chat invites so I couldn't defend myself when you proposed my demotion worked quite nicely. Well done. ;)

I think a little publicity works quite nicely every now and then. :)

Hey, guess what? The invites were sent out to staff members that were on at the time of the meeting. You were not. In addition, the vote for your demotion was unanimous sans one staff member. I never asked to become a Moderator, the administrators decided to promote me.

Perhaps next time you should focus on a forum that's actually stable and has competent administration before you decide to branch out to NS2 for a power trip.

My apologies for not being at my computer every waking moment to attend any staff meeting in order to defend myself. I never recalled of making the assumption of saying you were the one who suggested to make yourself Moderator.

Relations between both Nsider2 and Nsiderforums have been thin, I only joined Nsider2 as staff to control that balance. :|

In fact, that relation may end up weakening again.  Because of you, I'm considering whether or not I should resign from my position.  I am astounded on how anybody can tolerate a person such as yourself....or are you actually friendly to those you don't despise?

Sky_Dragon

PY's one of the nicest people I know in the internet actually.

Vaatix

Oh Shut Up both of you.
Gamemaster, you were moved up to Moderator originally because of your activity and your need of the rank. Your activity has been reduced because you have work elsewhere, and you're moderating on NS2 as well. Regardless of the reasons for being less active, you were, and that's why you were moved from Moderator to KoH. Not because Psycho decided "Hey, I hate him, let's not invite him to the staff chat and then I'll plot behind his back to demod him so I can take his place". Psycho didn't have a Plot. So either you think he hates you so much that all he wants is to demod you, or you're under the impression he had planned his ascension to moderator in advance. Neither of them are true. If Psycho had a personal grudge with you, why was it an almost unanimous decision? The rank change was made because we felt it was the right thing to do. Admittedly, Phantom was not brought up anywhere in that discussion, and that might have been a miss on our part, but it's a bit late for that now.

Quit throwing a temper tantrum. You are the aggressor in this argument, I'm telling you both to stop.

<+Clu> my dick is a massive launch title

Totla

Quote from: Gamemaster1379 on January 05, 2008, 06:14:32 PM
Quote from: Gamemaster1379 on January 05, 2008, 05:55:28 PM
Quote from: PsychoYoshi on January 05, 2008, 05:37:47 PM
Quote from: Gamemaster1379 on January 05, 2008, 05:35:57 PM
Quote from: mackormoses on January 05, 2008, 05:34:46 PM
Quote from: Gamemaster1379 on January 05, 2008, 05:31:34 PM
...Question of curiosity...why was I decided to be the one demoted when I have been able to put more activity in than Phantom?  Don't take it that I have anything against Phantom, he truly is a great MOD, but I simply haven't seen activity out of him at all. :(
Bud :(

Don't whine, it makes you look bad ;)

:(

I suppose you overlooked the "question of curiosity"? :P

And you could have PM'd any of the admins instead of posting it publicly. ^_^

I'm not sure what you have against me PsychoYoshi, but you are the first person on Nsiderforums/Nsider2 that I have truly despised. :|  I see your little trick of leaving me out of the staff chat invites so I couldn't defend myself when you proposed my demotion worked quite nicely. Well done. ;)

I think a little publicity works quite nicely every now and then. :)

Hey, guess what? The invites were sent out to staff members that were on at the time of the meeting. You were not. In addition, the vote for your demotion was unanimous sans one staff member. I never asked to become a Moderator, the administrators decided to promote me.

Perhaps next time you should focus on a forum that's actually stable and has competent administration before you decide to branch out to NS2 for a power trip.

My apologies for not being at my computer every waking moment to attend any staff meeting in order to defend myself. I never recalled of making the assumption of saying you were the one who suggested to make yourself Moderator.

Relations between both Nsider2 and Nsiderforums have been thin, I only joined Nsider2 as staff to control that balance. *retarded smiley omitted*

In fact, that relation may end up weakening again.  Because of you, I'm considering whether or not I should resign from my position.  I am astounded on how anybody can tolerate a person such as yourself....or are you actually friendly to those you don't despise?
Would it really have made a difference if you were there or not? The vote was almost unanimous, and I doubt you could have said much to change that.

How does you stretching yourself over two forums, with one requiring much more time than the other, help the relations between the forums?

In case you haven't noticed, it's been weak for a while, and nothing has made it any stronger (not even you). So because you got demodded, you're whining about PY and threatening to resign to try and get it back? I really don't see how that's going to work. And I honestly think you should either resign from either NS2 or here, because you can't effectively be a mod on both.

Where are you getting that PY despises you? And we all love him.  :-*

Silverhawk79

Quote from: VaatixGanon on January 05, 2008, 06:22:41 PM
Oh Shut Up both of you.
Gamemaster, you were moved up to Moderator originally because of your activity and your need of the rank. Your activity has been reduced because you have work elsewhere, and you're moderating on NS2 as well. Regardless of the reasons for being less active, you were, and that's why you were moved from Moderator to KoH. Not because Psycho decided "Hey, I hate him, let's not invite him to the staff chat and then I'll plot behind his back to demod him so I can take his place". Psycho didn't have a Plot. So either you think he hates you so much that all he wants is to demod you, or you're under the impression he had planned his ascension to moderator in advance. Neither of them are true. If Psycho had a personal grudge with you, why was it an almost unanimous decision? The rank change was made because we felt it was the right thing to do. Admittedly, Phantom was not brought up anywhere in that discussion, and that might have been a miss on our part, but it's a bit late for that now.

Quit throwing a temper tantrum. You are the aggressor in this argument, I'm telling you both to stop.

Vaati for the knockout.

Pokesamrus

Holy poop people if you are going to whine, then create a free forum and MOD THE HELL OUT OF THAT. Some of us were never mods, so you had more then us. Though I like JMV just anyone else complaining. Though I think that only narrows it down to one person.

Triforceman22

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

TheAnonymusElmo

Can we have the real reason why all these people are being de-ranked?
"I will flip in the air, open my cheeks, and take a crap on you"-Kid at school

Silverhawk79

Quote from: TheAnonymusElmo on January 06, 2008, 09:31:05 AM
Lack of activity, mostly. Except for JMV, there's a few reasons behind that.

Judas

Quote from: TheAnonymusElmo on January 06, 2008, 09:31:05 AM

Neither Silver nor I, nor Vaatix, are believers in either large staff or unnecessary staff. I'm sorry that everyone's imagination like to turn a few rank changes into conspiracy theories and rampant plots, but all that happened was someone said in an Admin meeting once, "We have too much staff that doesn't do much". So we moved people around accordingly.

Like Vaatix said, GameMaster was moved up to Moderator originally because of his activity. He's been much less active as of late, which is fine, but his position was adjusted. He stepped down to regular member status completely of his own accord.

PsychoYoshi was promoted to fill his position, as he was doing a fine job as KoH and said he felt that he could handle more rank-changing issues, etc.

As for JMV, there were a couple reasons. One was that the large majority of administrative things had been happening between Silver, Vaatix, and I. We just felt like the extra Admin that didn't actually contribute much to the Administrative spectrum was not necessary. His demotion to LK instead of KoH was because the only boards he frequented enough to be useful as a mod were Power On and Serious Discussion. He was made LK of Power On, and then Serious Discussion instead because he felt that an LK on Power On is useless without banning powers. I might as well say that I offered him positions at both boards simultaneously, and he declined the second position.

I don't know why there's so much controversy and suggestion of animosity between everyone. I consider everyone promoted or demoted as valuable a user as anyone else, and the promotions/demotions were not a result of anything felt on a personal level.

Those are my honest thoughts on the matter. If there are additional reasons for anyone's promotion or demotion, I am not aware of them.

I implore everyone to please take the situation for what it is: a few people losing or gaining ranks on a forum. There's nothing more to it.

"With a heart of furious fancies, whereof I am commander, with a burning spear and a horse of air, to the wilderness I wander."

Macawmoses

Well said Snorkel.

I just wish that there was more of an explanation, PRIOR to now, so the things that happened, did not.

Whatever. Things have now been said, and it is simply as you said

"A few people losing or gaining ranks on a forum"

JMV

the vote for your demotion was unanimous sans one staff member.
Which was me.
Boyah Forums | Join Boyah

Phantom123

To all asking why I am more inactive then GM, I was in Florida without a computer :D We cleared up the confusion just now, when I got home. Anyways, I'll be doing what I can to keep things kosher around the forum.